Jump to content
Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: Out September 2020

Recommended Posts

The thing with Chemtrails it's that I can't really connect the title to what she described the song being all about, I'm thinking she might throw the title as some corny metaphor or not even mention it at all, which would be really a waste of potential :icant:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so is chuck doing the album cover? bc i feel out of the album shoots that neil has done,  Chemtrails would be iconic if shot by him. i know quite a few people don't like his work, but his honeymoon work was quite delicious 


i am that bitch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

honestly no. I'm listening to this record. and i'm gonna relish being able to buy a vinyl and enjoy the music while living things out. we're doing this. 


OhDhmUZ.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, past the bushes said:

The thing with Chemtrails it's that I can't really connect the title to what she described the song being all about, I'm thinking she might throw the title as some corny metaphor or not even mention it at all, which would be really a waste of potential :icant:

i think its probably one of the two options:

1. the "chemtrails" are really just regular contrails, and she talks about watching planes gone by and leaving them behind w her friends while watching the sky.

2. the chemtrails are indeed CHEMTRAILS and she talks about how she holds on to her relationshios in the country club as the world around goes apocalyptical. wouldnt, in my opinion, be too temathically far from the greatest, where she also focus on her feelings while still mentioning how unstable she feels these times are in regards of culture, politics and climate.

 

but that's lyrically. i have NO idea what it'll actually sound like, but from the mv director i imagine it'll be more upbeat than her usual stuff (maybe something like high by the beach) with some sort of venice bitch psychedelic production 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, World At War said:

i think its probably one of the two options:

1. the "chemtrails" are really just regular contrails, and she talks about watching planes gone by and leaving them behind w her friends while watching the sky.

2. the chemtrails are indeed CHEMTRAILS and she talks about how she holds on to her relationshios in the country club as the world around goes apocalyptical. wouldnt, in my opinion, be too temathically far from the greatest, where she also focus on her feelings while still mentioning how unstable she feels these times are in regards of culture, politics and climate.

 

but that's lyrically. i have NO idea what it'll actually sound like, but from the mv director i imagine it'll be more upbeat than her usual stuff (maybe something like high by the beach) with some sort of venice bitch psychedelic production 

Yeah I was kinda confused of where it could go lyrically.

Your second point kinda makes sense? If that's where it's heading I'd love it, not a fan of her just talking about contrails, I mean, if she's going for such a title she better serve end of the world vibes similar to The greatest.

 

Sonically though, I'm actually expecting some cinematic shit that kinda gives us a feel of how the whole album's gonna sound, especially if it's the first track.

Agree on the Venice Bitch part, trippy elements to the song mixed with some grand production (Honeymoon or Born To Die comes to mind) that just makes it feel big would be awesome.

I really want the title track to scream that, title track, Norman's felt too lowkey imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm pretty sure the concept "chemtrails over the country club" is about the irony of being crazy while surrounding yourself with mundanity. she was talking about that with jack in their interview. having an "eccentric mind" and vacuuming the house. going to a country club and instead of playing golf you're contemplating chemical warfare. being the type to believe in all the conspiracies and question everything while living amongst the type that don't. the title really says it all imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, honey dew said:

i'm pretty sure the concept "chemtrails over the country club" is about the irony of being crazy while surrounding yourself with mundanity. she was talking about that with jack in their interview. having an "eccentric mind" and vacuuming the house. going to a country club and instead of playing golf you're contemplating chemical warfare. being the type to believe in all the conspiracies and question everything while living amongst the type that don't. the title really says it all imo

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!     I think this could be a very fitting possibility, especially for her,

someone who studied metaphysics & never felt like she belonged, probably these sentiments still manifest in her current life. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, honey dew said:

i'm pretty sure the concept "chemtrails over the country club" is about the irony of being crazy while surrounding yourself with mundanity. she was talking about that with jack in their interview. having an "eccentric mind" and vacuuming the house. going to a country club and instead of playing golf you're contemplating chemical warfare. being the type to believe in all the conspiracies and question everything while living amongst the type that don't. the title really says it all imo

This! 
 

Jack also mentioned how he loved that line in My Bedroom is a Sacred Place Now-There Are Children At the Foot of My Bed where Lana said she can go to the beach with her friends who don’t know she’s crazy; she also said to Blood Works studio in October 2019 that she is “more eclectic than most of [her] friends”.

 

Based on these two things, I feel like in the title track, she’s going to be drawing upon her experiences of trying to ground herself by being with the most normal types of people (albeit people who are somewhat fitting for the “country club” stereotypes - after all, they are in LA) but because of her overactive and sometimes-harping-on-darkness-that-is-likely

-intensified-by-the-pandemic-and-current-status-quo (hence, the “Chemtrails” part) mind, she finds herself in this weird sort of dichotomy that brilliantly sums up the cultural chaos.

 

She also said that “Chemtrails” is about how she would envision her life to be, and how it’s going to take a lot of work to get there, so that only further supports this concept. 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Greatest said:

“If this is the end I want a boyfriend” is a title that’s like, almost too on the nose

i keep singing that as if it’s already a song to the tune of ultraviolence lol “if this is the end, i want a boyfriend, oh baby yeah, if this is the end...” idk it seems like it would fit hahaha


giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Greatest said:

“If this is the end I want a boyfriend” is a title that’s like, almost too on the nose

I personally think it sounds like a serve, but it's not as good as Grenadine Quarantine

I don't expect either to be on COCC, though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do I see chemtrails over the country club?

is this the end of the world? Where’s Charlie and chuck? 
 

:oprah:

 

She’ll rhyme club with chuck. Bet


“YOUR NAME IS SUN CHILD!!!! BYE.... your real name probably maylee and i just know you look like a cabbage patch doll..white pasty boring straight tennessee fat bitch. GET A GRIP” - Jesus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RormanNockwell said:

At this rate, the vinyl will be flannel-patterned rather than any of your glorious ideas @vodkaa

On the vinyl thread rn, and pls no that'd be such a shame pls no. Rorman, I hope not..


OhDhmUZ.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just some thoughts: 

 

Chemtrails Over The Countryclub:  @honey dew made a really good theory what  the song could be about!!!

According to her pattern the title track must be track 2 but I have a feel that she’s gonna break the pattern and that the title track will be track 1 or 3 but it's just a feel....

 

Really looking forward to this titletrack, a lot of you loved NFR song..it's not a bad song but it did nothing for me and it feels underwhelming when I listen to it

And well, not the biggest fan of LFL either

 

Hope that the title track will have a nice build up...something like this would  be amazing 

Spoiler

Intro and first verse: slow and only a few instruments,maybe more acoustic

Pre chorus a rising beat in the back 

First Chorus- Tempo change similiar to West Coast but the Chorus  is faster and more upbeat then the verses,slighlty psychedelic influences 

Second verse is slower again but with more instruments , maybe heavier drums

Pre chorus

second chorus with more psychedelic influences

Bridge the song explodes into a firework of E-guitar solos and psychedelic influences 

Chorus again but like the final chorus in Freak with vocals in the  back and so on

Outro 

 

The song starts like a "normal " sounding song but then it gets crazier and chaotic to represent Lanas mind 

 

 

White Dress/Waitress she described it as weird/freaky song...reminded me of Bartender ...I think this song has an interesting and strong melody based on what she said in the interview..really excited for it !!

 

Dealer: Hope that this song made it into the album. It sounds so interesting and I always wanted a song in which Lana screams,belts and yells....and imagine Ajayll's reaction if she hears Lana screaming and yelling  a whole track long!!

I need this song, you need this song,  we need this song!!

 

Let Me Love You Like A Woman:  When I hear the title I always imagine the song as a soft, touching, beautiful and warming ballad with piano , strings and harps

According to the insider the song  sounds like Fine China mixed with NFR!  Can't wait until we get this song bc I wanna hear what  Fine China mixed with NFR! sounds like ...hope that Lana releases it this month !!

 

Tulsa Jesus Freak:

I need this song in full:defeated: sounds  like the Cherry/Cinnamon Girl of COCC!! Love the snippet and it's starts randomly to play in my head every few days...love the percussion & her voice in it ...

and the use of  auto tune is something very new  for Lana..but I like it..you can also hear an acoustic guitar ...hmm really excited how the song will develope  lyrically and sonically 

 

White Hot Forever: 

I always imagined that it will have a sound which is similiar to the TJF snippet.. Jack said at the Grammy's museum that song is the shit....and I'll think it could be a bop

Maybe Lana mentioned those two songs (TJF:WHF) together because they are similiar in their sound or maybe they are like the ying to the yang/ brother & sister track 

This song was once the title track so I'm really interested to hear it 

 

Grenadine Quarantine: 

Love the title but I think it will be an interlude if it's on the album

 

If this is the end...I want a boyfriend:

Love the title as well and I think this could sound very dark ...but something makes me think that this song will be satirical 

The MPG / FMWUTTT of COCC ??? 

 

Looking forward to listen to the whole album !!

The song titles we have so far are so interesting and I love all of them!! 

Now I'm hyped again for this album but I hope Lana will say something about the album this week or at least this month...

 


giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Party Favor said:

so is chuck doing the album cover? bc i feel out of the album shoots that neil has done,  Chemtrails would be iconic if shot by him. i know quite a few people don't like his work, but his honeymoon work was quite delicious 

I thought it was confirmed that Krug would shoot it?


21015-DE0-CD1-C-413-B-AA78-1417432-BC417 APn8GL8.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...