Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: Tentatively Out December 10th, 2020/January 7th, 2021

Just now, normanrockweII said:

my dad is a big fan of bruce. I'll listen to born in the usa today and take a look at the other artists you mentioned! thank you so much!

That’s awesome! I really like Bruce too :) And of course! Happy listening <3

4 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Bruce Springsteen is probably the most identifiable and notable “Midwestern-sounding” artist so I would check out his “Born in the USA” album! It’s so amazing. 

A couple of other artists are Tom Petty, Melissa Etheridge, John Mellencamp - they all fall under that “heartland rock” genre (heartland refers to the midwestern region that’s central in the US and is typically associated with blue-collar workers, a more self-sufficient economic attitude, and traditionalist ‘American’ values)! Think golden wheat fields for imagery LOL! 

Bruce is great, honestly. And if she's being accurate at describing this album's sound we can totally expect some influences from him, I remember we talked pages ago about a collab, that would be heavenly :wub:

1 minute ago, past the bushes said:

Bruce is great, honestly. And if she's being accurate at describing this album's sound we can totally expect some influences from him, I remember we talked pages ago about a collab, that would be heavenly :wub:

Ugh, I know right! :wub: Bruce has also expressed his love for Lana a lot lately so I’m hoping she sees that and one of them reaches out! A collab on an album would be amazing. Even a live performance together like how she brought out Joan Baez and Chris Isaak on the NFR tour would be a dream come true! 

7 minutes ago, May Fucking Jailer said:

fasten your seatbelts 

Girl, if there‘s someone who needs to fasten those seatbelts it’s Lana herself...

Anyways, I guess we won’t see any COCC till mid-late October... maybe we’ll have LMLYLAW by the end of this month, hopefully!

Lanarat.png

Watching NFR era interviews... I hope she does a lot of radio interviews and stuff during this era too, it's always so nice hearing her voice explaining concepts and all that :wub:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Continuing on the whole Bruce Springsteen thing, Sheridan captioned that IG story of the video set on August 29th with "secret gardens and luscious blooms" and Bruce has a song called "Secret Garden". While I doubt there will be a cover of the song on COTCC, that kind of imagery and sound may have been an inspiration that Lana briefly mentioned in passing to her glam team, thus inspiring Sheridan to attribute it to the video set?

I hope this is the case - I really love that earthier sound with that "down-home" feel that is somewhat prominent on the title track of Born to Die and Ride as well! A classical "American" patriotic sound would be amazing. 

Also, the evocations of heartland rock and midwestern-sounding music are images of the working class, which is the complete opposite of a country club's demographic. In the Interview Magazine video, Lana was even wearing a red flannel with diamonds, which is an interesting juxtaposition that I think could make for some really cool commentary and lyrical/thematic exploration! This record is going to be so amazing.