Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: Tentatively Out December 10th, 2020/January 7th, 2021

4 minutes ago, hip hop in the summer said:

but do anyone remember this video that somebody took when was driving and noticed that lana del rey is sitting on a car and they are recording video for unknown project? please, tell me, that somebody has it. she was in pink/light red dress and there were a lot of cameras at her. 

Yes! There’s a thread on here about that - it was on Charlie’s story from December 16, 2019! She was in a floral purple/pink sundress in a blue convertible on a street lined with palm trees in Beverly Hills! Craig Stark was also there for filming and there was a trailer parked in front of them so I think it was for a video!  Speculation around here is that the video is most likely for White Hot Forever or another song on the record! 

1 minute ago, hip hop in the summer said:

hey but can anybody tell me what does it mean that chemtrails are gonna sound midwest cuz’ i cant find any specific informations about that kind of music at google lmao 

folky / americana is probably what she means by midwestern. look into those genres

i am that bitch

2 minutes ago, hip hop in the summer said:

hey but can anybody tell me what does it mean that chemtrails are gonna sound midwest cuz’ i cant find any specific informations about that kind of music at google lmao 

honestly i think she just means that the way the midwest makes her feel has impacted the music– not that it sounds like the midwest (i don't think a midwestern sound is a thing, but im imagining how she translates the wide open space, brown, yellow, and green tones of the landscape, and the airiness of driving through more rural parts of the midwest into sonics). she frequently does this– thinking of lizzy grant's "hawaiian glam metal" phase which sonically had nothing to do with her sound but she borrowed more from how those influences made her feel rather than how they actually sounded.

That's my why no matter what world i'm in
I'm accessible by only one satellite 

Yeah Midwest isn’t actually a sound or genre but perhaps a place that she evoking, just like California isn’t a genre of music but her output has often been described as capturing its essence very well. 

Midwest also probably refers to the heartland rock genre which was conceptualized in that region and was founded on midwestern values, aesthetics and evocations; Bruce Springsteen, John Mellencamp, Melissa Etheridge, etc. are leading artists in that genre! :) 

Are we gonna trend a hashtag or spam comments on a photo or what? We just stand and waiting like I don’t know. As far as I love Lana, at the end of the day, it’s her occupation and we’re the customers...

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]

17 minutes ago, hip hop in the summer said:

She means a sound like: American Football, Glocca Morra, Algernon Cadwallader etc

I don’t expect Lana to pull an American football but if she did I wouldn’t be upset lol

(brb going to listen to LP3 by AF again now because it’s so beautiful) 

9 minutes ago, TheCOCCera said:

not jack producing 2 folklore albums at the same time

I doubt it'll sound like Taylor's folklore, no hate to the production but was it really folk?

Besides, lately I've taken some time to listen to Jack's productions and none of his work sounds similar to the other, he's quite versatile actually!

Shit I'm turning into J*red :icant:

*btw I'd recommend listening to St. Vincent's Masseduction, which was produced by Jack if some of you haven't. 

I would kill for a collab between Annie and Lana

14 minutes ago, May Fucking Jailer said:

Are we gonna trend a hashtag or spam comments on a photo or what? We just stand and waiting like I don’t know. As far as I love Lana, at the end of the day, it’s her occupation and we’re the customers...

patience, it ain't that hard to have

17 minutes ago, May Fucking Jailer said:

The gross entitlement! Wow. :rip: