Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: Tentatively Out December 10th, 2020/January 7th, 2021

1 hour ago, daphnedinkley said:

she'd have to put her own spin on it, but when i look at stuff like this:

and also some of her Body Electric performances too, I feel like she could really pull it off!

i could picture it, but i honestly think she'd slow the tempo down to where i would be asking myself what the point was of covering the track to begin with :rip:

edit: while we're here though, let me manifest a cocteau twins vibe, i.e. cwycma but with the vocal gymnastics of ottr

There are seven worlds in my eyes; I'm accessing all of them at once.

2 minutes ago, Skid Row Cherry Pie said:

i could picture it, but i honestly think she'd slow the tempo down to where i would be asking myself what the point was of covering the track to begin with :rip:

lana b like Lana Del Rey - Spellbound [slowed and reverb remix]

do we want a cover on this album ladies? I feel like the most appropriate song would be The End of The World

Wq9zHLl.jpg

6 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

do we want a cover on this album ladies? I feel like the most appropriate song would be The End of The World

i still want a pet shop boys cover :toofunny:, being boring ft. neil tennant would end my life + i feel like it touches on the same after-the-end nostalgia that COCC seems to

There are seven worlds in my eyes; I'm accessing all of them at once.

1 hour ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

i really hope she experiments with her vocals on this album, the vibes and the aesthetics really call for it, i'd love to hear her use her gutteral, fluttery, husky tone again. her "deep" voice nowadays often sounds monotone but years ago it was often really raw and jaded, and i really love how it sounds. i think this live performance of cola is a great example of it

My p***y tatses like creamy coleslaw :blush2:

33 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

lana b like Lana Del Rey - Spellbound [slowed and reverb remix]

Honestly ladies:

NO.

I know it’s “Lana’s thing” to do covers on records but every slot in a track list is valuable real estate. My ass will put down a solid monetary down payment [aka preorder] to get a record without covers because there are so many beautiful - albeit teased - songs we never got. I firmly believe justice was served by leaking OUR LAWD AND SAVIOR LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL because it’s everything I wanted it to be and more. Did I get thrown off by the song structure? Yes. But I grew to love her for who she is and now every time I put my headphones on my iPhone suggests I listen to that track because it knows my daily routine. [slight tangent the song structure thing also applied for HIAB and she is a flawless kween in my book.]

ANYWAY.

I know RBFY and Yosemite will snatch my weave just as their sisters LIB and HIAB did. Lana I know you’re reading this shit: if you put a cover on the album OFC you will get my coins regardless, but maybe consider and follow thru with leaking sharing those masterpieces I know they rightfully are. They deserve to be shared with the world whether they’re featured on the veiny COCC or not. 
[Couldn’t help myself at the end there oops]

source.gif

Not to reiterate the Kate Bush adoration just covered, but I see the potential for Lana to harnace some of the magic from tracks like Running up that Hill (the drums especially), and lesser known like Hello Earth or And Dream of Sheep . Bush's quieter sombre moments I could see Lana, not necessarily imitating, but more paying homage to either vocally or sonically. 

The Dreaming, I feel is too experimental for her. Even Bush herself never repeated the atmosphere conjured up from such dark thematics that abounds that masterpiece of a record. However if ever a Kate Bush album would be compared to the works and styling, lyrics and theming of Lana it would be The Sensual World -

For those who are new to Bush and tried to endure The Dreaming and failed, I suggest losing yourself to the sounds of Sensual World. Find the original Deeper Understanding, The Fog, Never Be Mine, the title track - Lana herself runs all through those vibrations, trust me. You may find yourself totally obsessed with the Bush :creepna::blush3:

I for one would welcome a maturing in sound from Lana that would catapult her to such a critical pop rock status on this next record! Just think of it...

COCC meets BUSH. 

13 minutes ago, Shades of Lame said:

Personally I'd love something like The Fog :flutter:

It vaguely reminds me of Music To Watch Boys To (perhaps the flute(?) and drums) with some beautiful violins, and I'm sure she could pull it off.

We should be friends.

11 minutes ago, Shades of Lame said:

Personally I'd love something like The Fog :flutter:

It vaguely reminds me of Music To Watch Boys To (perhaps the flute(?) and drums) with some beautiful violins, and I'm sure she could pull it off.

I'd love if COCC shared this song's vibe! Really cinematic and kinda sinister, just like I imagine it to be! I hope that the production will be so diverse, with a lot of different instruments :pray2:

Lanarat.png

9 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

this is a very good point :um2:

Personally I don’t have much against Lana’s covers, but I would like them a lot more if she stuck to doing them live instead of taking up space on a record. Would also be in support of releasing them as stand-alone songs. But the Lana I fell in love with was original, a truly one of a kind singer and song writer whose melodies I couldn’t live without. :crying4:

Except for Lucky Ones cause she sounds like she came out of a horrid musical :ohmy:

Anyway COCC release party tonight yup yup! 
:legend::legend::legend:

If there's a reworked song on the album, it has to be Noir, I won't accept anything else :defeated:

close your eyes and feel where you hold your attention; if it's in the back of eyes, walk it down to your heart center and make that the new place from which your thoughts enter