Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: Tentatively Out December 10th, 2020/January 7th, 2021

3 hours ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

i have faith in lmlylaw, it would be the ultimate dick move if she didn't release it after directly mentioning it several times, it's dealer we have to worry about. :eartha2:

you mean like how she reiterated multiple times 

“YOSEMITE IS MY FAVE”

”YOSEMITE IS SO GOOD”

”YOSEMITE IS A FAB TRACK”

And this bitch couldn’t deliver Yosemititty?

UAK she’s gonna pull some bullshit like “LMLYLAW was too happy” or “LMLYLAW was too sexxi” and she’ll lock it in a vault. 

Be real Lana. U like it so much then prove it sisterwife. 

:w8ing:

11 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

However, with Honeymoon, Lana said she was really happy with the record and classified it as a vanity project; I think that’s so true as she made a whole IG account and discussed selling into that golden age of jazz in late 2014 and after it was released, talked about how she was satisfied that critics liked it.

Honestly the best part about Honeymoon for me is how she was so invested and proud of it at the time, I'm really glad she shared it with us :trisha: 

Chemtrails seems like a similar case and the most exciting thing of a quarantine-made record is the effort and commitment the artist puts in their work, in times like this I can only imagine how much closer one gets with their art and how much more introspective it is.

my daily honeymoon praise post

1 minute ago, past the bushes said:

Honestly the best part about Honeymoon for me is how she was so invested and proud of it at the time, I'm really glad she shared it with us :trisha:

my daily honeymoon praise post

I totally agree :wub::trisha: Honeymoon was definitely a treat to be able to experience in real time as she was just so open but also still kind of cryptic with us about it and I just love that she made that record!! 

keep thinking about all the different directions the album could take sonically. i really want some hybrid of the eagles and bruce springsteen with Midwestern Gothic edge. Though I'm also thinking the record will be David Lynchy in a way like Ultraviolence was. 

giphy.gif

Idk what “midwestern” is supposed to sound like tbh. It all just makes me think of country music. 

I feel like I Talk to Jesus and Cruel World have a sort of Midwest/country twang going on. 

you aint fuck me, you fucked the old body

5 minutes ago, TheSwaggerAndTheLips said:

Idk what “midwestern” is supposed to sound like tbh. It all just makes me think of country music. 

I feel like I Talk to Jesus and Cruel World have a sort of Midwest/country twang going on. 

Think late 2000s/early 2010 midwestern emo revival i.e. american football, snowing, Glocca Morra 

When I think of a midwestern Lana record, I immediately think of certain tracks from AKA such as 'Queen of the Gas Station' & 'Raise Me Up'. Maybe the blonde hair returning truly is signifying a Lizzy Grant return.. which would be so exciting. I would love to hear a mix of modern Lana & retro Lizzy sounds, because I feel for the most part they're pretty separate and distinct from each other. The LG quirkiness with that LDR dramatic flair blended together would be so cool to hear.. a little nod to AKALG a decade after its release x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

4 minutes ago, Elle said:

When I think of a midwestern Lana record, I immediately think of certain tracks from AKA such as 'Queen of the Gas Station' & 'Raise Me Up'. Maybe the blonde hair returning truly is signifying a Lizzy Grant return.. which would be so exciting. I would love to hear a mix of modern Lana & retro Lizzy sounds, because I feel for the most part they're pretty separate and distinct from each other. The LG quirkiness with that LDR dramatic flair blended together would be so cool to hear.. a little nod to AKALG a decade after its release x

I was definitely thinking of Queen of the Gas Station too! Something about 'Come on kitty cat, fill her up' screams midwestern to me :thumb2:

6 minutes ago, Elle said:

my ass would quack!

I'm not scared to say this because she always delivers, which, thank ya mama, but aside from guesses that I've mentioned earlier this thread, I can't really say I know what this record's gonna sound like. That's probably a very good thing, but then it just makes the waiting even taxing in a way. I wanna buy a vinyl to an album I haven't seen or heard, that's amazing. moment to reflect. 

Even if this album has a country-twang Lana and Jack proved she can pull that off flawlessly when she performed her two unreleased country songs for fun at his charity show. “Hey Blue Baby” and “I Must Be Stupid For Being So Happy”

I personally don’t think the sound of Chemtrails will be heavily country influenced in production, it sounds like it’s more thematically about the mid-west and her experiences there. Very similar to Lizzy Grant as Elle mentioned 🖤

just listened to the TJF snippet, first time since she dropped the snippet and can I just say I CANT MF WAIT FOR THIS ALBUM, it's going to wreck havoc upon all of us, it's going to ruin my life in the best way possible I JUST CANT WAIT UNTIL WE GET THE ALBUM AND I CANT WAIT TIL LMLYLAW DROPS AS WELL IM SO UGHHHHHH:crai::rollin:

The way she phrased it in the interview was “Is this new folk? Oh, god, are we going country?”.  She herself seems uncertain what genre this album best fits into. That means it will be very genre-fluid album with some country influence. If it were a full on country album, she would have phrased that as a statement and not as a question. I also feel like we are forgetting about the new-folk part and only focusing on the country part of what she said. For new-folk artists with a country influence and midwestern sound, the influences that come to mind mostly come from the 00's indie scene. Sufjan Stephens, Elliot Smith, Iron & Wine, Blitzen Trapper, Edward Sharp & the Magnetic Zeros, The Mountain Goats, The Avett Brothers, Wilco, Bright Eyes, etc.

1 hour ago, Elle said:

i'd absolutely adore this type of aesthetic, because i am a massive fan of the lizzy grant era, as we all know. :heart: :hooker: even just the lyricism from the tjf snippet reminded me of some of her earlier work, with the religious / deep south theme. i'd love to see lana return to that level of kitsch, yet instead of trailer parks, christmas lights, and blue mascara, she'll be singing about her gold nail polish in her country club's swimming pool, riding the golf cart, wearing ridiculous, flashy diamonds, and writing intricately complicated poetry on the most expensive typewriter she could find. 

~ * i'm his favorite hymn but he sang them all * ~

On 9/18/2020 at 10:08 AM, paradisetropico said:

you just proved my point... the words don’t literally mean what the album is about... my exact point was the concept of Metaphor which for some reason you’re mad at me for my own speculation... it’s just a thought / opinion, please stay out of my mentions. 

I’m not mad at you. I just stayed my opinion and it seemed you came at me! Sorry if I misinterpreted your response. 

However, you didn’t prove your point. The focus of “Honeymoon” is romance and “honeymoon” isn’t always a term signifying happiness, success, marriage, or a honeymoon. I am single, and once of my common phrases is “the honeymoon is over.” I get Honeymoon more than any of her other albums, perhaps. 

The theme of the music on “Honeymoon” fit the title. The theme of the music on “Norman F****ing Rockwell” fit the title.  Her titles have made sense, and usually artists album titles are representative of their content or the overall message the artist wants to deliver. Artists just don’t tack on a meaningless title to their projects.