Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: Tentatively Out December 10th, 2020/January 7th, 2021

Why does everyone already have some super specific idea about what LMLYLAW sounds like? We know nothing except something a likely fake insider says about it, and even when they aren’t fake sometimes those descriptions are way off or they only heard a demo (ie when someone said GKIT sounds like bel air)

No, I don't think it's going to be all acoustic - that snippet of TJF has enough of a similarity to 'Cinnamon Girl' that I can imagine a lot of dreamy production throughout it all the way. My interpretation of the title 'Chemtrails Over The Country Club' is her having a bit of a go at the elites in the music industry, in the media, the money makers, the Richy-Riches. Whilst they are all inside sipping Cristal from expensive crystal glasses and being completely insulated from what's really going on in the world outside. Meanwhile, Lana is able to straddle the two worlds: she's become mega-famous and gets asked to all of these glamorous elite functions, which she enjoys and appreciates, but it's at odds with the othe side of her personality that is actually quite a down-home, chilled, funny, genuinely sweet homebody. The midwestern vibes will help accentuate that part of her personality and include her alongside other acts, who have managed to retain a kind of working-class image (Bruce Springsteen et) even though, she still has to dress up to the nines and be seen at the Country Club, she doesn't truly feel as though she belongs. Probably doesn't feel as though she belongs anywhere, but longs to have some of that small-town simplicity where she can just bake cakes, relax, read, write, go to potluck diners and just be a regular person. The chemtrails are representative of the problems America is suffering. These blatantly obvious tracks in the sky, that all the elites just choose to ignore. But Lana's too switched on and she sees exactly what's going on in the sky above the country club. She knows that some bad shit is going down, but she also knows that she'll get called out for being too kooky or conspiracy theory-esque if she mentions anything. 

For her next album, I would absolutely LOVE it if she would work with Nick Cave. He did an album called Murder Ballads about 20 years ago which featured duets with Kylie Minogue and PJ Harvey. It's a helluva ride of an album and I think Lana would be the perfect pairing for Nick. She can do darkness AND light. I'd want the whole album to be set in Louisiana. Lana can play a lone spinster who inhabits a beautiful antebellum mansion which she walks the halls of at night, seeing the ghost of her dead lover outside near the family burial plot. Throughout the album she tries to integrate with the folk down in New Orleans, but they're very suspicious of her for her wealth and the way her husband dies. So she tries to visit a voodoo priestess to tell her how to get her man to move on so she can move on with her own life. A part with Nick could see her being taken for a trip down a very dark, spooky bayou to meet with someone who he thinks can help lift her curse. Some parts could see her go incognito down into the latin quarter for some partying. Getting to dress up for a masque ball where her identity is kept secret, but ultimately she remains unaccepted, no matter what she does. She is bitterly misunderstood by all the people in town, so retreats back to her lonely mansion where she ultimately dies in a huge fire that engulfs and destroys her huge mansion. Last video shot could be her having her coffin laid down side by side next to her dead husbands, whilst their ghosts reunite in the distance and run off into the dark, laughing. THAT would be the ultimate, dark, mysterious, slightly Elvira-ish, take on societal rejection, not being understood and having to lock herself away in the place that eventually consumes her. Nick Cave would help make this the most deliciously dark, yet occasionally funny but always cemented in true love, piece of art she's ever created. She'd have to dye her hair back dark again for it, because Nick is always singing about women with long dark hair, but we know she's always down to change her locks 'n looks for a new project. 

she said country/midwestern but then TJF sounds like pop-y r&b. i can't with her. 

anyways i'm excited for the chemtrails video, she looks pretty and hopefully there's multiple scenes/looks. the way she described it as being about her friends and her siblings almost makes me think of "hollywood" which is all about flying in fast cars and getting high with all her friends. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

you aint fuck me, you fucked the old body

22 minutes ago, Red Dress said:

No, I don't think it's going to be all acoustic - that snippet of TJF has enough of a similarity to 'Cinnamon Girl' that I can imagine a lot of dreamy production throughout it all the way. My interpretation of the title 'Chemtrails Over The Country Club' is her having a bit of a go at the elites in the music industry, in the media, the money makers, the Richy-Riches. Whilst they are all inside sipping Cristal from expensive crystal glasses and being completely insulated from what's really going on in the world outside. Meanwhile, Lana is able to straddle the two worlds: she's become mega-famous and gets asked to all of these glamorous elite functions, which she enjoys and appreciates, but it's at odds with the othe side of her personality that is actually quite a down-home, chilled, funny, genuinely sweet homebody. The midwestern vibes will help accentuate that part of her personality and include her alongside other acts, who have managed to retain a kind of working-class image (Bruce Springsteen et) even though, she still has to dress up to the nines and be seen at the Country Club, she doesn't truly feel as though she belongs. Probably doesn't feel as though she belongs anywhere, but longs to have some of that small-town simplicity where she can just bake cakes, relax, read, write, go to potluck diners and just be a regular person. The chemtrails are representative of the problems America is suffering. These blatantly obvious tracks in the sky, that all the elites just choose to ignore. But Lana's too switched on and she sees exactly what's going on in the sky above the country club. She knows that some bad shit is going down, but she also knows that she'll get called out for being too kooky or conspiracy theory-esque if she mentions anything. 

For her next album, I would absolutely LOVE it if she would work with Nick Cave. He did an album called Murder Ballads about 20 years ago which featured duets with Kylie Minogue and PJ Harvey. It's a helluva ride of an album and I think Lana would be the perfect pairing for Nick. She can do darkness AND light. I'd want the whole album to be set in Louisiana. Lana can play a lone spinster who inhabits a beautiful antebellum mansion which she walks the halls of at night, seeing the ghost of her dead lover outside near the family burial plot. Throughout the album she tries to integrate with the folk down in New Orleans, but they're very suspicious of her for her wealth and the way her husband dies. So she tries to visit a voodoo priestess to tell her how to get her man to move on so she can move on with her own life. A part with Nick could see her being taken for a trip down a very dark, spooky bayou to meet with someone who he thinks can help lift her curse. Some parts could see her go incognito down into the latin quarter for some partying. Getting to dress up for a masque ball where her identity is kept secret, but ultimately she remains unaccepted, no matter what she does. She is bitterly misunderstood by all the people in town, so retreats back to her lonely mansion where she ultimately dies in a huge fire that engulfs and destroys her huge mansion. Last video shot could be her having her coffin laid down side by side next to her dead husbands, whilst their ghosts reunite in the distance and run off into the dark, laughing. THAT would be the ultimate, dark, mysterious, slightly Elvira-ish, take on societal rejection, not being understood and having to lock herself away in the place that eventually consumes her. Nick Cave would help make this the most deliciously dark, yet occasionally funny but always cemented in true love, piece of art she's ever created. She'd have to dye her hair back dark again for it, because Nick is always singing about women with long dark hair, but we know she's always down to change her locks 'n looks for a new project. 

His ass is not reading! : technicallythetruth

tenor.gif?itemid=9848335

42 minutes ago, Red Dress said:

Isn’t it amazing how much we can speculate just based on the album title? :toofunny: This is great though, I wouldn’t mind an album like you described. :flutter:

48K6p1K.gifAPn8GL8.jpg48K6p1K.gif

Anyone else feels that Tulsa Jesus Freak might be a last minute addition, and therefore, isn’t representative of the first songs written for the record? 
I mean, she always seems to post snippets of the last songs of an album (LFL: White Mustang, Cherry, Change, Summer Bummer

NFR: How to Disappear, Cinnamon Girl, even the Hope snippet is her voice-only it seems and isn’t finished)

33 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Anyone else feels that Tulsa Jesus Freak might be a last minute addition, and therefore, isn’t representative of the first songs written for the record? 
I mean, she always seems to post snippets of the last songs of an album (LFL: White Mustang, Cherry, Change, Summer Bummer

NFR: How to Disappear, Cinnamon Girl, even the Hope snippet is her voice-only it seems and isn’t finished)

And this could be a possible reason why the album got delayed... she made TJF last minute ( and hopefully she added Dealer as well)

In the TJF snippet you can see something like a ??soundboard?? 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Barry said:

Loved Spongebob on Beautiful People Beautiful Problems :smile2:

I believe you meant Squidward lmfao. 

Where is that person that made the “Squidward ass voice” comment several days ago? Show yourself henny. I legitimately had to hustle into my room to find my inhaler after that comment. Truly my favorite response I’ve seen on LB. 

It reminds me of this hilarious meme about a girl in science class. 

936-C819-F-3-F67-42-D8-84-CC-542-BB0-CED

That’s gonna be me 9 years from now thinking about the Squidward voice comment. Anyway...

*struggles to find a way to tie this back to COCC so the post isn’t moved*

NEW SINGLE THIS FRIDAY 

giphy.gif