Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: Tentatively Out December 10th, 2020/January 7th, 2021

2 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

As soon as the release week is over, I leave this site until she announces the next record because this happens every single time without fail :icant2::xgiggle:

Huh, i must've left NFR post early cus I dont recall that, but yes that sounds un fun to read. Somehow I think all the visual serves will make people feel differently, and that Title track, iconic title. Not here for slander!! Only thing i hope from this is that it means the song maybe was sent to radio or something, and the legit release hasn't been compromised.

3 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

As soon as the release week is over, I leave this site until she announces the next record because this happens every single time without fail :icant2::xgiggle:

I can already see it 

“COCC is so lifeless/dull/any negative adjective...at least with NFR jack was able to do xyz....!!!” After they spent the entire pre release thread dragging NFR

It’s like clockwork

8 minutes ago, HighbytheSea said:

Huh, i must've left NFR post early cus I dont recall that, but yes that sounds un fun to read. Somehow I think all the visual serves will make people feel differently, and that Title track, iconic title. Not here for slander!! Only thing i hope from this is that it means the song maybe was sent to radio or something, and the legit release hasn't been compromised.

Yes, I find that people like it for a little while after it comes out but a few months later, they don’t - and that’s completely fine honestly, everybody is entitled to their own opinions of course, and that’s the great thing about music! It’s subjective! But sometimes people will just “trash” a record and completely invalidate the hard work Lana and her producers put into it and so I try to stay away from that kind of energy! 

It really is so unfortunate that a snippet leaked. I haven’t listened to it, nor do I plan to, so I genuinely appreciate everyone using spoilers when talking about it! <3 I do hope that they were planning on releasing it this week to begin with, as it would really suck for this to be the same situation as Love’s single release :( 

6 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

I can already see it 

“COCC is so lifeless/dull/any negative adjective...at least with NFR jack was able to do xyz....!!!” After they spent the entire pre release thread dragging NFR

It’s like clockwork

Same :um3: I get that people can change their opinions, but it’s just not fun to read people bastardize someone else’s art like the way it’s done online a lot :( 

43 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

Lana said Chemtrails was Norman’s sister, so it’s not really surprising if some of the songs are in the same vein. She never said HM was UV’s sister, or that NFR was LFL’s sister, but this time she clearly said that Chemtrails and Norman were related in some way.

I totally forgot about that! I’m even more excited now because NFR has become my favourite album so quickly and I just love the production of it. The fact that Jack has produced Chemtrails, too :flutter:

i know a lot of you would appreciate a different sound for Chemtrails but I hope you will enjoy it nonetheless :kiss:

SPOILER(im on mobile) WAIT THERE WAS A SNIPPET AND NO ONE TOLD ME... AND IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL?!!!! its very short so difficult to say what it will sound like... but it reminds me of venice bitch melody wise and reminds me slightly of that Midwestern influence she described, but with an NFR touch. the guitars feel Springsteen-y. initially based on the title i thought this song would be the closing track, but after hearing the snippet, i have a strong feeling this track will be the intro or second track. it sounds sort of like it's bridging the gap between norm and Chemtrails if that makes sense. it sounds like it will be a sonic transition between the records: something to settle us into the sound of the album. i'm very excited.

Edited by fucksforever
didn't know we were supposed to use spoilers

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Yes, I find that people like it for a little while after it comes out but a few months later, they don’t - and that’s completely fine honestly, everybody is entitled to their own opinions of course, and that’s the great thing about music! It’s subjective! But sometimes people will just “trash” a record and completely invalidate the hard work Lana and her producers put into it and so I try to stay away from that kind of energy! 

It really is so unfortunate that a snippet leaked. I haven’t listened to it, nor do I plan to, so I genuinely appreciate everyone using spoilers when talking about it! <3 I do hope that they were planning on releasing it this week to begin with, as it would really suck for this to be the same situation as Love’s single release :( 

I know it sucks to say but I’m glad something is happening... she really let us down by not acknowledging the release date she herself mentioned and not even apologising for it. I know she doesn’t owe us anything and I’m not here to be mad at her – I love her – but it did hurt to be lied to! 

Spoiler

Now that a snippet has leaked, something has got to happen. SOON! Lol

really really hope it's released soon, but not as a result of a leak. while it is a beautiful snippet i think it sucks when shit like this leaks so early because Lana deserves to release stuff when she plans on it :/

giphy.gif

I just woke up and well not expecting to wake up to this. Hope that the full song or the whole won't leak before their release date...

Spoiler

Trying not to listen to the snippet but I couldn't resist and read the spoilers on here and based on what some of you said it sounds pretty much how I expected it to sound  based on the  title but I still have to listen to it when it will be released....and remember the insider said this song sounds like Fine China with a STRONG NFR! touch ....so I'm not shocked if it really sounds like a NFR! song

Some of you said that it could be a bridge between Norman and Chemtrails and yeah hopefully it is 

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, fucksforever said:

really really hope it's released soon, but not as a result of a leak. while it is a beautiful snippet i think it sucks when shit like this leaks so early because Lana deserves to release stuff when she plans on it :/

"Early" as in "17 days after the announced release date"? :hooker:

Just joking. Snippet sounds nice but unless the track builds up into something more dynamic and less-Love Song-ish, I doubt that it will satisy the news-hungryness for very long (assuming it will ever be released anyway :giggle:)

Only one is a wanderer. Two together are always going somewhere./Vertigo

3 hours ago, spencertmartin said:

BUTCH I NEED IT CHUN LINK CHUN LINK

mod queue: user was warned for this post

this, gays and girls, is exactly what y'all shouldn't do.

i will love you until the end of time.

Spoiler

It sounds like it could be one of the more low-key songs on the album but it's hard to tell. I'm reminded of why snippets are so troublesome. I hope it isn't so similar to NFR in terms of sound... Want something new. The snippet does sound great though.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.