Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: Tentatively Out December 10th, 2020/January 7th, 2021

3 minutes ago, wild caged animal said:

Hoes can be mad that they can't shake their asses to it... I'm excited

Tiffany pollard tiffany pollard GIF

Joke's on them because you can dance to every Lana song in one way or another. Close your eyes, feel the music, and sway away.

:illumilana2:

8 minutes ago, wild caged animal said:

Hoes can be mad that they can't shake their asses to it... I'm excited

Tiffany pollard tiffany pollard GIF

if you a tru hoe you can shake your ass to anything even to slow ass jack antonoff piano ballads :oprah3:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg

i just got done reading through all of those pages! first of all... nfr slander... freak slander... HONEYMOON SLANDER? get your ears checked. :oprah3:

honestly, the snippet does remind me of nfr, but it also reminds me of some of her 2013/2014 unreleased work. if it's similar to nfr i wouldn't mind that, because i do like that album and i do like slow, mellow songs, although i have a feeling this one is going to build up and feature some electric guitars and drums! i don't think piano ballads are automatically boring or uninteresting, old money, cherry blossom, and living legend are beautiful songs and they are piano driven.

also:

Spoiler

does anyone else think the snippet sounds like a pre-chorus? i think it would be really interesting if lana had the song title in the pre-chorus as opposed to the chorus. 

~ * i'm his favorite hymn but he sang them all * ~

Who want me to love them like a woman and hold them like a baby?

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."   —A k i f    K i c h l oo

3 minutes ago, Anita Malfatti said:

Honestly I didn't like the snippet. I hope the song has a more interesting melody besides those 9 seconds.  

I hope it's a "California" situation. It was such a surprise when I heard the full song! 

So we know Lana finished writing the songs for NFR in June of last year, and that she never really stopped writing after that, so I think it's safe to say the earliest-written songs could've been done as early as last summer, which I think was White Hot Forever and some other songs.

However, I think LMLYLAW wasn't finished being written until after early October, as the way she talked about it to Q Magazine made it seem like it was still in its early stages.

She also said that White Dress/Waitress would be a defining moment for the record and that they did that one early on, so I'm thinking that could be anytime from June 2019 to January 2020. I think in February she knew what exactly the direction of the record was sonically, and after she broke up with Sean in March, she started to lyrically channel the songs in another direction, hence, that's why the album breaks down in different directions like Jack said.

So basically, in my opinion;

June 2019 - January 2020: early sonic stages where the sound was still being developed; lyrical themes of being in love, etc.

February 2020: overall 'Midwestern' sound established

March 2020-August 2020: different lyrical direction following break-up and potential feelings towards double standards in the music industry, channeling her feelings into songs like 'Dealer' where she is yelling.

Yay 1500!!! (Surveys the land).....something wicked happened here. JK but this is really quite the pre release! To fill everyone in, I work at a movie theatre and Black Widow and West Side Story just got delayed to next year, so im sort of SOL. I need this beautiful enigma of a woman to drop this song and lift my spirits cus its 1:50pm and im cracking a pity beer! Please Lana, itd make my heart sing.

2 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

So we know Lana finished writing the songs for NFR in June of last year, and that she never really stopped writing after that, so I think it's safe to say the earliest-written songs could've been done as early as last summer, which I think was White Hot Forever and some other songs.

However, I think LMLYLAW wasn't finished being written until after early October, as the way she talked about it to Q Magazine made it seem like it was still in its early stages.

She also said that White Dress/Waitress would be a defining moment for the record and that they did that one early on, so I'm thinking that could be anytime from June 2019 to January 2020. I think in February she knew what exactly the direction of the record was sonically, and after she broke up with Sean in March, she started to lyrically channel the songs in another direction, hence, that's why the album breaks down in different directions like Jack said.

So basically, in my opinion;

June 2019 - January 2020: early sonic stages where the sound was still being developed; lyrical themes of being in love, etc.

February 2020: overall 'Midwestern' sound established

March 2020-August 2020: different lyrical direction following break-up and potential feelings towards double standards in the music industry, channeling her feelings into songs like 'Dealer' where she is yelling.

hell yes!!! i have a feeling i'll like the more angrier and hard direction after the break-up, because after ultraviolence we haven't really seen that angry production the album is so well known for. i wonder where tulsa jesus freak lands, judging by the snippet i'm guessing the middle ground between that. awesome observation and timeline as always :kiss:

5 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

that means she already started working on next album which means there will be agressive and controversial tracks which means after cocc we r getting the best album in her discography:pray2:

Just now, drugsdesire said:

hell yes!!! i have a feeling i'll like the more angrier and hard direction after the break-up, because after ultraviolence we haven't really seen that angry production the album is so well known for. i wonder where tulsa jesus freak lands, judging by the snippet i'm guessing the middle ground between that. awesome observation and timeline as always :kiss:

Yes, same! <3 @DCooper made a really amazing point a while ago about how Bare Feet on Linoleum could serve as the gateway to a more unfiltered and raw narrative on Chemtrails and I really hope that is the case; it would make so much sense and I think will open us up to another side of Lana and her life! And I agree about TJF! and thank you so much, so sweet as always :wub:

7 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Yes, same! <3 @DCooper made a really amazing point a while ago about how Bare Feet on Linoleum could serve as the gateway to a more unfiltered and raw narrative on Chemtrails and I really hope that is the case; it would make so much sense and I think will open us up to another side of Lana and her life! And I agree about TJF! and thank you so much, so sweet as always :wub:

:kiss:

I agree with all your timelines! I could see the album starting off lighter and then get increasingly dark as we go on, as Lana starts to notice the chemtrails over the country club. Then we head down a stranger more unhinged narrative as her whole reality crumbles. This would also lead really well into Behind the Iron Gates.