Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: Tentatively Out Spring/Summer 2021

Drake is now “allegedly” dropping his album 10/3/2020. So probably we can kiss a #1 goodbye regardless of when she releases for the rest of 2020 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

2 minutes ago, Distantly said:

Drake is now “allegedly” dropping his album 10/3/2020. So probably we can kiss a #1 goodbye regardless of when she releases for the rest of 2020 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

i thought by now that we've come to the consensus that it doesn't matter whether or not she has the most sales, or reaches #1, it doesn't matter, she's incredibly talented and nothing gets in the way of that. 

~ * i'm his favorite hymn but he sang them all * ~

1 minute ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

i thought by now that we've come to the consensus that it doesn't matter whether or not she has the most sales, or reaches #1, it doesn't matter, she's incredibly talented and nothing gets in the way of that. 

right 

also we don’t even know when she is releasing, drake will obviously getting a number 1 spot but I don’t see it occupying the entire month.

I also don’t really study this stuff so I could be wrong:smokes3:

1 minute ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

Lots of fans say they don't care about sales, yet they want her to have a number one record. I mean I'm all for Lana being successful, don't get me wrong, but I agree with you. Same thing goes for the Grammys, it's been proven several times that award shows are just a circlejerky thing where the industry pats itself on the back and reward artists that play their game. Yet a lot of fans desperately want Lana to have that AOTY title. I don't care much.

I don't know how COCC will place itself into that, it could either receive rave reviews like NFR, or be panned because Lana has proven herself to not be super PC in the past couple months. Just look at the few 'Violet' reviews... they're laughing at her again.

Mais les vrais voyageurs sont ceux-là seuls qui partent. Pour partir, coeurs légers, semblables aux ballons. De leur fatalité jamais ils ne s'écartent. Et, sans savoir pourquoi, disent toujours : Allons !

10 minutes ago, MAX DEL REY said:

Lots of fans say they don't care about sales, yet they want her to have a number one record. I mean I'm all for Lana being successful, don't get me wrong, but I agree with you. Same thing goes for the Grammys, it's been proven several times that award shows are just a circlejerky thing where the industry pats itself on the back and reward artists that play their game. Yet a lot of fans desperately want Lana to have that AOTY title. I don't care much.

I don't know how COCC will place itself into that, it could either receive rave reviews like NFR, or be panned because Lana has proven herself to not be super PC in the past couple months. Just look at the few 'Violet' reviews... they're laughing at her again.

i don't really care about lana receiving a grammy anymore either, obviously if she is nominated, i'd want her to win, but it doesn't prove anything. the way that billie won basically every major award last year goes to show that it's a popularity contest, lana deserved to have some sort of recognition or redemption, she's been through so much with this industry that's put her down so viciously, and when she finally has her time to shine, they don't follow through.

and also, the reviewers who are giving her more negative reviews simply because of the controversy are really not that professional, she made a mistake, but she isn't evil. i feel like this time around she's just going to do what she wants to do, and if people think it's wrong, then that's their issue. 

Honeymoon only debuted at #2 because Drake and Future released their mixtape, but I agree with everyone that Lana’s artistry transcends charts and sales because she’s always been commercially successful, even if she hasn’t always been a critic’s darling, necessarily, or palatable to the general public. But I think that’s what makes her Lana - the fact that she doesn’t necessarily have to be in the “pop box” but has the ability to step into that world if she chooses to. I think COTCC will just be a reinforcer of that quality of Lana, which is a really beautiful thing.

lana is very lucky to have a large, devoted fan base, she doesn't need to have the gp's approval, her art speaks for itself. those who love the stories she has to tell, the ones who aren't afraid of what could seem unconvential or even controversial, and those who aren't judgemental, and don't let the media influence their opinions, will understand and appreciate her.

11 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Honeymoon only debuted at #2 because Drake and Future released their mixtape, but I agree with everyone that Lana’s artistry transcends charts and sales because she’s always been commercially successful, even if she hasn’t always been a critic’s darling, necessarily, or palatable to the general public. But I think that’s what makes her Lana - the fact that she doesn’t necessarily have to be in the “pop box” but has the ability to step into that world if she chooses to. I think COTCC will just be a reinforcer of that quality of Lana, which is a really beautiful thing.

omg i love how she's going back to the honeymoon theme by releasing on the same day as drake!!

36 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

lana is very lucky to have a large, devoted fan base, she doesn't need to have the gp's approval, her art speaks for itself. those who love the stories she has to tell, the ones who aren't afraid of what could seem unconvential or even controversial, and those who aren't judgemental, and don't let the media influence their opinions, will understand and appreciate her.

Absolutely! I see this being brought up many times but I'd like to mention it too: Lana had the biggest debut with BTD (that also might be one of the few influential debuts of the decade), and after that, she could've continued to put albums with a similar sound and pop aim out there but she really didn't, she chose to dedicate to her art and to deliver her most honest work on each time!

She really was a pop girl on the rise who became alternative's biggest songwriter in the last years, and I love that of her :wub:

1 hour ago, Distantly said:

At first, I thought Sam Smith might block her from getting a #1 on 10/30, but actually, I don’t think they’re a big deal anymore. They’ve always been super successful in the past but realistically, they haven’t been doing very well since they announced they were non-binary. It’s like people lost interest in them all of a sudden... It would probably still be a tight competition, but there’s so much more hype for Lana’s album than Sam’s now.

I’m pretty sure that Lana cares about being #1 and not #2 or 3, and I’d be glad if she could get another #1 with this new album she seems so proud of.

21 minutes ago, lanabanana11 said:

i see a lot of people, even for chemtrails, hoping her next album is an ultraviolence 2.0, and honestly, i feel like honeymoon was the continuation of ultraviolence, and no one really realized it

I feel like BTD and Paradise are a chapter in Lana's narrative and UV/HM another one, LFL was something on its own and I feel like Chemtrails will go further and differentiate itself from NFR. (I'm not talking about lyrical content nor themes but rather the general energy the records gave to me)

2 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

I agree with everyone that Lana’s artistry transcends charts and sales because she’s always been commercially successful, even if she hasn’t always been a critic’s darling, necessarily, or palatable to the general public. But I think that’s what makes her Lana - the fact that she doesn’t necessarily have to be in the “pop box” but has the ability to step into that world if she chooses to. 

I agree. She never needed ten #1 hits or ten Grammys to be one of the most interesting persons of the music business. When she's on the cover of a magazine those issues usually sell out incredibly fast and when she's on a radio show the radio station usually has a huge amount of listeners and so on... Every new project she's working on is widely talked about. That's what shows us she IS really important, Grammy or no Grammy.

21 minutes ago, HeartbreakHotel said:

She should quit her fucking label and leak her own music online cause her thoughts are priceless.

I kinda said that before in another way and I got dragged :icant:. Not leaking them, but releasing them independently

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]