Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: Tentatively Out Spring/Summer 2021

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Interscope invested in the audiobook and therefore doesn’t want to have COCC released too close to it, I get it. And yeah, last week was all about Violet... but what promo are they doing for Violet right now? Because I sure can’t see any. No interviews, and are there adds somewhere?!? I was expecting a couple of posts where she reads some poems, but it’s dead silent this week form her side. And would a single release for Chemtrails really get in the way of Violet? 
someone mentioned it earlier but her interview for Interview magazine is wasted promo if the damn album isn’t coming in a couple of months. Even in the NFR limbo, we had no written interview about it that I can remember before release...

I think from an intuitive standpoint, I know what they're doing. whenever you've got a newer product, usually, u'd want to be able to let that specific thing breathe on it's own. now as fans, knowing that music's her main thing, we'd expect that chemtrails would be the thing that got us into reading her poetry. it's just like, when ur happier, u think less to make decisions, and w the poetry being in that release vicinity, boom, it's there, boosted sales. 

what I think they're doing is really getting both opportunities, the first, what we're doing now (reading to wait), have the album released, and then the book gets another surge that I previously mentioned. the books cost a certain amount of dollars, and at some point she mentioned something about donating that to her chosen cause. that's not gonna cover production costs. the vinyls, cd's may not be included, knowing how business just doesn't work like that. long story short, they're aiming for a certain number of sales, and this is just the perfect opportunity for them to test out their marketing feasibilities w/o interruption. so I can't really see them budging bc it just works so well for them right now, and then eventually some. 

It also just works bc holiday season's gonna be coming up, and instead of up-selling their main course, something they KNOW is more of a guaranteed thing, they're gonna serve us appetizers til they know the hunger for the album's there as a guarantee. then ride that, and then second high the books. money activates the same parts of the brain that drugs do. and w everyone needing to get paid and have a profit, I can understand, 'tis a fact. Lana gets more time w her work, which is great. it just sucks to think about being held in this situation as a fan this way. 

* glittering and psychedelic * ~ 171BXW3.gif

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Interscope invested in the audiobook and therefore doesn’t want to have COCC released too close to it, I get it. And yeah, last week was all about Violet... but what promo are they doing for Violet right now? Because I sure can’t see any. No interviews, and are there adds somewhere?!? I was expecting a couple of posts where she reads some poems, but it’s dead silent this week form her side. And would a single release for Chemtrails really get in the way of Violet? 
someone mentioned it earlier but her interview for Interview magazine is wasted promo if the damn album isn’t coming in a couple of months. Even in the NFR limbo, we had no written interview about it that I can remember before release...

I mean people went pretty hard with the mesh mask drags ... so much so that she (imo, purposely) put up a video of herself reading an old poem wearing a mask

She probably had planned to do several book signings, and will now do nothing 'til March or something

Thanks for buying me my meal at Denny's and my shit at Home Depot. Thanks for that, kids. Luv ya

3 minutes ago, vodkaa said:

I think from an intuitive standpoint, I know what they're doing. whenever you've got a newer product, usually, u'd want to be able to let that specific thing breathe on it's own. now as fans, knowing that music's her main thing, we'd expect that chemtrails would be the thing that got us into reading her poetry. it's just like, when ur happier, u think less to make decisions, and w the poetry being in that release vicinity, boom, it's there, boosted sales. 

what I think they're doing is really getting both opportunities, the first, what we're doing now (reading to wait), have the album released, and then the book gets another surge that I previously mentioned. the books cost a certain amount of dollars, and at some point she mentioned something about donating that to her chosen cause. that's not gonna cover production costs. the vinyls, cd's may not be included, knowing how business just doesn't work like that. long story short, they're aiming for a certain number of sales, and this is just the perfect opportunity for them to test out their marketing feasibilities w/o interruption. so I can't really see them budging bc it just works so well for them right now, and then eventually some. 

It also just works bc holiday season's gonna be coming up, and instead of up-selling their main course, something they KNOW is more of a guaranteed thing, they're gonna serve us appetizers til they know the hunger for the album's there as a guarantee. then ride that, and then second high the books. money activates the same parts of the brain that drugs do. and w everyone needing to get paid and have a profit, I can understand, 'tis a fact. Lana gets more time w her work, which is great. it just sucks to think about being held in this situation as a fan this way. 

It actually makes a lot of sense! and I guess this is what we should expect in the following weeks/months.

I know we aren’t part of her casual fans here and that she could release something every month and we would be behind her every time, which might not be true of the rest of the fan base (both retail stores and casual fans mixed up Chemtrails and Violet so many times). 

35 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

It actually makes a lot of sense! and I guess this is what we should expect in the following weeks/months.

I know we aren’t part of her casual fans here and that she could release something every month and we would be behind her every time, which might not be true of the rest of the fan base (both retail stores and casual fans mixed up Chemtrails and Violet so many times). 

mm yeah! Thinking about it from this persp. it makes u think that LMLYLAW's a kind of kindness on her part, but it can always just get misconstrued and assumed to be a Sept 5th present, bc let's face it, that reality came and went. 

and that's an extremely valid point, you're right. I'm not really sure how many users are on the site, but seeing how her managers actually frequent it just always gets me wondering. I still do very much think that even if most of the users on here are in deeper than the casual fans, at how they could always just pull some ideas or examples and go with them as some kind of guinea run thru. honestly, idk how much they pay attention on here, but the plethora of info and ideas would probably make their jobs easier for them. 

and yeah exactly! other people more in the know already knew that it wasn't but how it was probably connected bc of the signing, asking questions about the record.  like imagine the surveys that could be conducted more or less and how that could build better album rollouts, win wins. and I know I'm like kinda nerding out on this typa stuff, but it's just great to think about how it all works and lowkey good to study

* glittering and psychedelic * ~ 171BXW3.gif

4 hours ago, Electric Body said:

The way you are discussing whether or not you want singles when we will not get ANYTHING anytime soon :teehee:

we can both be aware we aren’t getting  anything soon and still want/talk about getting single :icant:

2 hours ago, RormanNockwell said:

I mean people went pretty hard with the mesh mask drags ... so much so that she (imo, purposely) put up a video of herself reading an old poem wearing a mask

She probably had planned to do several book signings, and will now do nothing 'til March or something

Will now do nothing about everything.

giphy.gif

Guys so COCC came out leaked in my dream last night and GUYS it was a,  mix somehow between grunge and 80's synthwave and somehow it worked. There were multiple interludes with basic sounding titles that were actually good (Jessica, Christina) and I did not get to listen to all the tracks on this dream album but a track called Century went OFF.Her best song ever by far.

I'd like to thank my spirit guide and guardian angel, for downloading the album directly into my dream as well as myself for manifesting the album delay so Team Cocctober will never win.

There was also in my dream a secret thread on LanaBoards to talk about it called Favorite Computer Parts and the password was Ed Mullet and Sean Cody

Did not hear Dealer, but praying it exists.

4 hours ago, Bunny Mozart said:

Lana should scrap COCC and make an album called Graceland and write from the perspective of Priscilla Presley and all the lovey-dovey American adventures she had with her husband. Lana will sport a big bouffant and go full 60’s swing attire. The music will be soft rock with some heavenly harps and strings. The album will end with Lana writing about the starlet who died in her pool, where she manifests her spirit into her body for the next album, The Revenge of Lana Del Rey!

Get @Jared clutching his pearls in angst! :hawt:

i absolutely ADORE this concept.

~ * i'm his favorite hymn but he sang them all * ~

48 minutes ago, reaperofthepack said:

Guys so COCC came out leaked in my dream last night and GUYS it was a,  mix somehow between grunge and 80's synthwave and somehow it worked. There were multiple interludes with basic sounding titles that were actually good (Jessica, Christina) and I did not get to listen to all the tracks on this dream album but a track called Century went OFF.Her best song ever by far.

I'd like to thank my spirit guide and guardian angel, for downloading the album directly into my dream as well as myself for manifesting the album delay so Team Cocctober will never win.

There was also in my dream a secret thread on LanaBoards to talk about it called Favorite Computer Parts and the password was Ed Mullet and Sean Cody

Did not hear Dealer, but praying it exists.

might be my favorite COCC dream in this thread :coffee:

I'm trying hard to word this in the best way, so bear with me. I promise I don't intend to sound shady, so I apologize if I sound disrespectful. 

Does anyone, beside fans, care about Violets? I'm not into poetry at all, so I don't really understand how it all works, but is this project really relevant? As @GeminiLanaFan stated, it is true that Interscope might want it to have its own moment, but this whole rollout is messy...

Fans would buy ANYTHING, so why not wait and release the audiobook/book along with COCC as a bundle? It would have still sold a lot. 

Yes, COCC was postponed but they already had an estimated release date for the album + Violets was never expected to be a huge project (and was also supposed to have been released in January!) 

Also, where is the promo? Yeah, Lana is not known for promoting her work a lot, or at all. But why is Violets supposed to get this kind of big release treatment, when it's not even promoted? An interview or two won't do it + the whole Interview Magazine thing for COCC. The whole rollout is messy, and the worst thing is that they can't blame the situation the world is currently going through, cause other artists have released their projects and done it really good. So what is the problem here? Why isn't COCC finished and why isn't there an official release date yet?

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Last night I had one too many 🍻 and was listening to the TJF snippet in addition to watching all of the shit show politics, environmental issues, etc that make up 2020 so I got inspired by the Midwest apocalypse theme in making this one:

C6-B1-E3-A9-672-D-4-CBB-8-FCA-ECAA4-EEB4

1 minute ago, conceptart47 said:

Last night I had one too many 🍻 and was listening to the TJF snippet in addition to watching all of the shit show politics, environmental issues, etc that make up 2020 so I got inspired by the Midwest apocalypse theme in making this one:

:wowcry: you are so talented, this is so cool! 

~ * i'm his favorite hymn but he sang them all * ~

A snippet from her is what I want. I think that will confirm that she is interested in the album whatsoever 

26 minutes ago, conceptart47 said:

OMG, why can’t I do this? This is amazing. I loved the concept 

nxjk3E.gif

29 minutes ago, conceptart47 said:

I love this omg! Amazing work :wub: you are so talented <3

33 minutes ago, conceptart47 said:

this isn’t an insult but at first glance i fully thought this was a walking dead promo poster :lolliney:

RVhKIwP.gif

33 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

:wowcry: you are so talented, this is so cool! 

8 minutes ago, gsnlp said:

A snippet from her is what I want. I think that will confirm that she is interested in the album whatsoever 

OMG, why can’t I do this? This is amazing. I loved the concept 

4 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I love this omg! Amazing work :wub: you are so talented <3

Thanks all!! Truthfully we have no album news as of lately so let’s keep the hype going with some concept album covers... :kiss3:

2 minutes ago, May said:

this isn’t an insult but at first glance i fully thought this was a walking dead promo poster :lolliney:

Ha! I’ve never seen the show but just the name gives me zombie vibes :rock:

8 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

lana may as well be a zombie nowadays with the lack of direction she is serving :oprah:

She's a feral ghoul 

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: