Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: Tentatively Out Spring/Summer 2021

Just now, crazyforme said:

I literally just woke up to this. I'm so glad the era is finally starting but idk why, I'm not hyped anymore :crai:

She killed it, honestly

Like ... a "surprise" release so she announces a date, misses it, and then drops a single without any warning.

Both actions have resulted in collective apathy, imo

I like the song well enough but I'm not excited

Spoiler

I feel like it's going to be really polarising, like Hope

Thanks for buying me my meal at Denny's and my shit at Home Depot. Thanks for that, kids. Luv ya

3 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

I’ll def appreciate this song more in the context of the album. This isn’t a single type song.

Seconded, but

Spoiler

I feel like she was going for the opposite of Hope, even with the cover, and that's why it's out first ... like the colours are reversed, and this is about her wanting to do shit she wants to do ... like the result of that hope. Maybe I'm just being a crackhead

Thanks for buying me my meal at Denny's and my shit at Home Depot. Thanks for that, kids. Luv ya

4 minutes ago, Tulips said:

This song sounds literally straight out of NFR wtf, I blame Jack. She needs to work with other people

yeah jack thank you for everything but we are done i mean can u guys imagine jeff bhasker and NO I.D. 😫😫😫

I really loved it and it's a grower and I'm sure in the context of the album it will sound even better 

Spoiler

The lyrics really were what I thought they were going to be, touching a bit the subject of the question of the culture. I just wished she would go harder but I guess we'll see in the album if she talks about it more.

giphy.gif

As a new fan and this being my first release era I think this is definitely one of those songs that’ll grow on me the more I listen, but it’s definitely giving me NFR vibes and I’m not sure if I like that :eek2:

1 minute ago, RormanNockwell said:

She killed it, honestly

Like ... a "surprise" release so she announces a date, misses it, and then drops a single without any warning.

Both actions have resulted in collective apathy, imo

I like the song well enough but I'm not excited

Reveal hidden contents

I feel like it's going to be really polarising, like Hope

She probably thinks this marketing technique is so clever and that it'll get us excited but it resulted in the complete opposite. Oh Lala:defeated:

tumblr_m8euyeT3r41rqzt90o1_500.gif

i wanna go to bed but no other mods are up and going to bed right now would be like leaving the children in the kitchen with the stove on :deadbanana:

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg