Jump to content
Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: Tentatively Out Spring/Summer 2021

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, daphnedinkley said:

as much as i dont mind the song and really like some aspects of it, yeaaaaaaa i do kinda feel this.... is she not bored of singing songs with like, the same tempo and instrumentation so often? if she'd have leant into the slide guitars and maybe beefed up the song a little it could've been so good but this does feels like she heard the first demo and went "yea cool". it's kinda making me nervous for COCC too

 

Thank goodness you feel the same. Like to me LMLYLAW feels like an NFR continuation, and it could have been an NFR bonus track and it would have made so much sense instead of putting it on COCC. It feels like a filler to me. I hate to be a negative Nancy but yeah...not feeling this right now


 

“I will always be the virgin-prostitute, the perverse angel, the two-faced sinister and saintly woman.”


 Anais Nin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always the same thing with her lead singles. People trashed West Coast, Honeymoon, Love, Mariners. "Boring, repetitive, the decline, can she come up with sumn new, we want BTD hip-hop drums and strings back, she's doing the same thing over n over again"

Then the album ends up critically acclaimed, the leads rank high/mid quality in the tracklist, she serves variety and different vibes for the gays then everyone picks their faves from the album and the lead grows on them within the context and soundscape of the record.

IK3WkAH.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Crys10 said:

Y’all hating on this song like you don’t already know you’re gonna be having sex while listening to this song in the car in 2 days. Give it time to grow. Maybe it’s a grower. 

all the best CoCCs are (sorry I had to!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Eclipse said:

Always the same thing with her lead singles. People trashed West Coast, Honeymoon, Love, Mariners. "Boring, repetitive, the decline, can she come up with sumn new, we want BTD hip-hop drums and strings back, she's doing the same thing over n over again"

Then the album ends up critically acclaimed, the leads rank high/mid quality in the tracklist, she serves variety and different vibes for the gays then everyone picks their faves from the album and the lead grows on them within the context and soundscape of the record.

IK3WkAH.gif

 

Well, you can't compare West Coast to this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The song is a grower & it IS honestly different than NFR. It’s extremely stripped back & reminds me of Lizzy laptop demos & sirens with how bare bones it is! It’s literally reverb, guitar, vocals, background vocals, a few synths?, & a piano. Although the vibe is completely different, it’s much lighter & it feels like what lust for life was trying to be. This to me is a HAPPY Lana song. It shows incredible growth within its own lyrics as well. She realizes she doesn’t need anybody but herself. The only reason she wants them is because of desire & while she can do it on her own she prefers it with whoever it is. It’s definitely a transition song that she did but it’s so beautiful. 


tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lustformoney said:

sooo where are the controversy and dark topics she wanted to sing about?

This is clearly one of the oldest songs on the record. She made that post about wanting to explore the fallout of her culture post in the summer, so of course they woudn't appear on this song.


giphy.gif

moonlight, you're my starlight 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Eclipse said:

Always the same thing with her lead singles. People trashed West Coast, Honeymoon, Love, Mariners. "Boring, repetitive, the decline, can she come up with sumn new, we want BTD hip-hop drums and strings back, she's doing the same thing over n over again"

Then the album ends up critically acclaimed, the leads rank high/mid quality in the tracklist, she serves variety and different vibes for the gays then everyone picks their faves from the album and the lead grows on them within the context and soundscape of the record.

IK3WkAH.gif

not really true. The only one that people trashed out of these was Honeymoon


8lvz7w8.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, past the bushes said:

Thai BrujaDeMusica knew shit :whatever: can't believe we dragged her

:thumb3: It's what she deserved. for being all cryptic and shit.:diva:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Be Free said:

 

Well, you can't compare West Coast to this

Am I comparing? Am I saying it is better than West Coast? I gave a simple example. If you were around for the release of West Coast, most hated it and dropped her off. I'm saying it happens with every lead single, that's why she is not a singles artist, her songs always work better in the context of an album and sometimes she doesn't make the best decisions when picking stuff to release as buzz tracks.

This song is very cute, the melodies and harmonies are gorgeous, it will work great and make sense in the COCC world, haters will warm up to it. It happens every single time.

IK3WkAH.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

Always the same thing with her lead singles. People trashed West Coast, Honeymoon, Love, Mariners. "Boring, repetitive, the decline, can she come up with sumn new, we want BTD hip-hop drums and strings back, she's doing the same thing over n over again"

Then the album ends up critically acclaimed, the leads rank high/mid quality in the tracklist, she serves variety and different vibes for the gays then everyone picks their faves from the album and the lead grows on them within the context and soundscape of the record.

IK3WkAH.gif

The way you spilled...

Now leak Lemonade Motorcycle Heaven :whatever:


                                      74478fcf3b4e5042e2977d652bbe0025.gif

                         k2GwJXs.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

Am I comparing? Am I saying it is better than West Coast? I gave a simple example. If you were around for the release of West Coast, most hated it and dropped her off. I'm saying it happens with every lead single, that's why she is not a singles artist, her songs always work better in the context of an album and sometimes she doesn't make the best decisions when picking stuff to release as buzz tracks.

This song is very cute, the melodies and harmonies are gorgeous, it will work great and make sense in the COCC world, haters will warm up to it. It happens every single time.

IK3WkAH.gif

 

Meh I won't. Never liked HBTB when it came out and and to this day I still don't. LMLYLAW includes all the things I don't like in song - dreary vocals, piano and lackluster production. People just know what they like and don't like I guess.

 

I  still have high hopes for TJF though :sluttybunny:


 

“I will always be the virgin-prostitute, the perverse angel, the two-faced sinister and saintly woman.”


 Anais Nin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, California said:

not really true. The only one that people trashed out of these was Honeymoon

Yall trashed hope... which is a masterpiece btw 


i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...