Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: Tentatively Out Spring/Summer 2021

I think the comparisons to Hope are not really accurate aside from them both being piano based ballads. Hope has a faster tempo and a very distinct melody. It feels very powerful and emotive because of the vocals being right at the front and very clean, also very strong imagery in the lyrics. LMLYLAW feels more dreamy and doesn’t really have that same impact. Idk it doesn’t have lead single energy, neither does Hope tbh but it also wasn’t a lead single.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

2 minutes ago, lamms said:

Genius users already going at it

iiHM8KB.png

same vibes as the meaning behind summertime sadness being her friend killed herself :toofunny:

you would think that even the casual fans would know she's from lake placid. :toofunny: :um2:

~ * i'm his favorite hymn but he sang them all * ~

11 minutes ago, lamms said:

Genius users already going at it

iiHM8KB.png

same vibes as the meaning behind summertime sadness being her friend killed herself :toofunny:

someone fix this shit :awk:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg

I think it’s funny sad how with WC, it was premiered on radio in April, and released in June. 

Imagine getting COTCC today instead of LMLYLAW, and the album in December 

a dream 

2 hours ago, House of Balloons said:

I know the bootlickers on this website will come for me for saying this but god I hate where this album's going. LMLYLAW just couldn't do it for me, it's so lackluster and forgettable that it easily got overshadowed by the TBD demo. I can't even remember what it sounds like despite me replaying it all day long hoping it would get better.. the vocals are boring, the lyrics fell flat and the music sounds like something I've already heard. Hope is an auditory masterpiece in comparison to this.

I was kinda hoping that the reason why Lana's acting like a conceited man-child on the internet (and Interview) was because she's got a magnum opus under her belt... turns out she's just really fucking annoying.

I'm with you on that.  Honestly, the leaked demo versions of TBD & LFL that went up on YouTube today far outshined LMLYLAW for me!  Also, the version of Angels Forever on dbree brought me to tears.  LMLYLAW reminds me of Mariners Apartment Complex, which took a long time to grow on me. The only track I like off NFR is Cinnamon Girl.  I wish she would work with Rick Nowels again.  I don't know much about her relationship with Jack Antonoff and how it came to be, I'm just hoping that her record label didn't get him involved just because he's worked with the likes of Taylor Swift, Lorde, etc.   The LFL demos have such a dark atmospheric witchy vibe, which I adore!  I hope we at least get a few tracks like that on Chemtrails! 

I love LMLYLAW. I love the opening verse, catches your attention immediately. In typical Lana fashion, there are a few lyrics that don't land right for me, "talk to me in poems and songs" is just a cringey line all around. "We could get high on pink champagne" also sounds dumb, I know alcohol is technically a drug but it would just sound better if she said "drunk" or "buzzed" instead of "high". Also, I really don't like the abrupt ending, it would sound nicer if she completed the line with "let us be who we were meant to be". Overall I give this song 8.5/10, and it would be 9/10 if she changed these lyrics.

edit: I just foundout "pink champagne" is referring to pink MDMA! My mistake, this line is OK then.

5 minutes ago, lifeisavelvetcrowbar said:

I love LMLYLAW. I love the opening verse, catches your attention immediately. In typical Lana fashion, there are a few lyrics that don't land right for me, "talk to me in poems and songs" is just a cringey line all around. "We could get high on pink champagne" also sounds dumb, I know alcohol is technically a drug but it would just sound better if she said "drunk" or "buzzed" instead of "high". Also, I really don't like the abrupt ending, it would sound nicer if she completed the line with "let us be who we were meant to be". Overall I give this song 8.5/10, and it would be 9/10 if she changed these lyrics.

edit: I just foundout "pink champagne" is referring to pink MDMA! My mistake, this line is OK then.

I thought it was a reference to Hotel California, I didn't really like the song and the only interesting parts where that, Purple Rain and even the infinity part made me think of a Young Thug song called Tomorrow Till Inifinity 😳

This was the first song she wrote for it, apparently, so it makes sense that she put it out first because her albums tend to be sequenced chronologically to tell a story. To this day, I still don't know what crackheaded story she was telling with LFL, however.

:oic2:

It will probably make sense in the context of the album.

I cannot decide if she purposely chose that cover to be like the reverse of Hope - in that, she was very dark and the background very light, and in this it's the opposite - or if it's a coincidence and I'm giving her too much credit.

Thanks for buying me my meal at Denny's and my shit at Home Depot. Thanks for that, kids. Luv ya

So I assume the "pink champagne" she's talkng about the straight of weed which originated in California, esp saying "we can get high" instead of drunk, kinda adds that "sick of LA" vibe

Actually it goes deeper than this. It originates from San Fran, didn't she mention San Fran being where her quiet waiter blue forever boyfriend worked in the poem? Okay no it was LA Who Am I To Love You

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

So I assume the "pink champagne" she's talkng about the straight of weed which originated in California, esp saying "we can get high" instead of drunk

B-b-but... can cops even smoke weed

2 minutes ago, veinsineon said:

B-b-but... can cops even smoke weed

I don't think it's about him. Remember the poetry she talked about a guy from San Fran I believe. Someone tell me if I'm crazy and remembering that wrong

WAIT LOOKING FOR AMERICA. "TOOK A TRIP TO SAN FRANCISCO, ALL OUR FRIENDS SAID WE WOULD JIVE"

giphy.gif