Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: Tentatively Out Spring/Summer 2021

2 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

Honestly yeah, I agree the lyrics are mediocre. Lana has has an adventurous and fruitful life so it's strange how she ends up always singing about the same thing - relationships and break-ups

I love Lana for her artistry. I know she can write some of the most amazing lyrics that doesn't strictly pertain to relationships, so it's kind of underwhelming when she waters her talents down to just singing about the subject

There's so much more she can write about. Nature, psychology, mental health, heaven, flowers, wayfaring strangers, road trips etc

At this point she's sounding like a broken record, singing about the men who don't love her

I'm not surprised she is writing about break ups. How many men did she change for the past year or so? 

She has been exploring more mental  health and psychological themes in her poetry and it would be amazing if she could translate the content and themes of let's say patent leather do-over or SportCruiser in to a song. 

-Homeland of the Gods-

I’m still not sure about the whole country vibes we might be getting on Chemtrails after that live performance, and if it’s a duet or not. All I can say is that I already prefer Breaking Up Slowly to Stupid for Feeling so Happy (it whatever title that song has). 

22 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

Honestly yeah, I agree the lyrics are mediocre. Lana has has an adventurous and fruitful life so it's strange how she ends up always singing about the same thing - relationships and break-ups

I love Lana for her artistry. I know she can write some of the most amazing lyrics that doesn't strictly pertain to relationships, so it's kind of underwhelming when she waters her talents down to just singing about the subject

There's so much more she can write about. Nature, psychology, mental health, heaven, flowers, wayfaring strangers, road trips etc

At this point she's sounding like a broken record, singing about the men who don't love her

this might sound like shade, but mm nope, but people usually focus on things that they need to work on most. maybe that might be a case w her too.. 

I used to think that her method of doing such was still very much reflective of society, and how the men she sees are too, reflections of how/where society is, which is just classic life. which then in turn seeps into other life aspects. aside from the facts and figures that are necessary to sustain and flourish life, expansion etc. love is one of those things at the core, help remind us of being human and how we can really operate at higher frequencies because of it easier. so I totally get that but. that and just how beautiful and meaningful it is. and, of course to an extent, I still think it's amazing how she does. bc. a lot of truth comes from it so. but I'm sidelining. 

I guess it just might be more possibly telling of who she is, which to an extent may just be obvious, but it does get you thinking. 

* glittering and psychedelic * ~ 171BXW3.gif

I’m from Texas so feeling very happy to see Lana down here lol!

As far as BUS, very intrigued and excited. I feel like country is a natural sound or outlet for Lana. She’s been playing with it for years.  I personally love country so I’m here for it. Not too mention it already kind of confirms a varied soundscape.  I don’t think we are getting nothing but piano ballad guys, let’s be happy about that!

One critique though, while I like country I don’t think I like Nikki singing the song with Lana. Idk I’ve never really listened to her stuff but it just kind of takes away from it for me so hoping it is solo. That said though I have a feeling it might not be considering the LMLYLAW vid. I’m actually anticipating a track with Weyes and Zella as well!

I actually think several of her poems would make fantastic songs!  Sports cruiser for example. About self discovery,  mental health etc proof not everything has to be about a man and a relationship. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

30 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

she said she focused on Violet and not on music and now it shows. The way that dumb poetry ruined literally everything:toofunny:

Well. We have a new album just one and half year after her best one. :crossed: Isn't it a good thing?

WE WON!

3 minutes ago, DeluluKing said:

Well. We have a new album just one and half year after her best one. :crossed: Isn't it a good thing?

did i say its bad? the songs and snippets we heard so far are mediocre and the same old "i wanna break up but dont leave me, lets escape, youre making me blue". She should've focused on music and finally make something diffrent

https://i.imgur.com/Fxu6fqL.jpg

AKA is, to me, the  album in her discography that is closest to NFR in terms of lyrics-feeling. Never thought that Sirens would be the closest to Chemtrails though. 

it’s going to be an “interesting” album, one that we might not like right away. I don’t know if it’s the result of the recent weeks,

or the new snippet hinting at country (which I don’t hate but ain’t a fan of either), but my hype has kinda cooled down since Friday for this album. :crossed:

5 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

did i say its bad? the songs and snippets we heard so far are mediocre and the same old "i wanna break up but dont leave me, lets escape, youre making me blue". She should've focused on music and finally make something diffrent

We've been blue for 3 albums now and it will be the 4th one now and whatever :crossed: Try other artists if you want something different. I want her to do her thing forever.

WE WON!

i think after learning about the nikki collab there’s a really strong chance weyes and zella are gonna be on the record too. maybe as some type of girl power that helps her get through the breakups on the album. i also feel like they’re gonna be on the cover a la NFR’s UO cover 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

3 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

AKA is, to me, the  album in her discography that is closest to NFR in terms of lyrics-feeling. Never thought that Sirens would be the closest to Chemtrails though. 

it’s going to be an “interesting” album, one that we might not like right away. I don’t know if it’s the result of the recent weeks,

or the new snippet hinting at country (which I don’t hate but ain’t a fan of either), but my hype has kinda cooled down since Friday for this album. :crossed:

still mellowly hyped. the secrets LMLYLAW holds, and the gravity it culls. hyped. just. it's such a departure from what we first heard. and the tone of that interview was so flavored, which starkly contrasted the snippet. reluctant w country too but. she's usually good w these things so hey, here's to another, newer perspective 

Just now, HighbytheSea said:

AAAAHHHHHHHHHGHHHHFGHFHFHDHDHHDHDHH OH NO THE SNIPPETS HAVE BEGUN

It's okay. We should have this album one and half month ago and it is fked up already anyway. I'd just download the album if it would leak and wouldn't care~

WE WON!

3 minutes ago, DeluluKing said:

We've been blue for 3 albums now and it will be the 4th one now and whatever :crossed: Try other artists if you want something different. I want her to do her thing forever.

why r u so pressed over my opinion? are the only options either kissing her butt or unstanning ?

https://i.imgur.com/Fxu6fqL.jpg

1 hour ago, gasstationkween said:

I legit dont know what yall were expecting lmao. The only other type of song she would give us at this point is a political one and id pass thank you very much.

there’s so much more in the world to write about than break ups and politics :toofunny: she just wrote all this poetry and talked about like 10 different topics, she has potential to write something great this just feels lazy 

6 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

why r u so pressed over my opinion? are the only options either kissing her butt or unstanning ?

It's okay. All I write is just my oponion too. You don't need to care.

Well im kissing her now because the Sirens/YesToHeaven/Country vibe is my thing. This album is for me and im just happy. I almost dislike BTD and I never listen to this :P The Sirens is the album that made me her fan.

DeluluKing's taste is extreme~ :fabcat:

WE WON!

7 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

it's a matter of opinions ya both. the poetry, admittedly might not translate as well as her music, still does mean something to people, so calling it dumb might make others uncomfortable. now. 
can u guys just pls settle this or something. none sassafrass agree to disagree. 

6 minutes ago, Pin Up Galore said:

i think after learning about the nikki collab there’s a really strong chance weyes and zella are gonna be on the record too. maybe as some type of girl power that helps her get through the breakups on the album. i also feel like they’re gonna be on the cover a la NFR’s UO cover 

Same. I don’t mind either. I liked Zella’s earlier stuff but haven’t really listened to her new stuff. On the other hand though Natalie is pure perfection and I would be fucking living, music wise. I do hope the cover is Lana alone though, although I have a feeling you’re right.