Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: Tentatively Out Spring/Summer 2021

Anyways i wont complain anymore, im just gonna sit and wait for the meltdowns when album finally comes out in august 2021 and its an incohesive country-trap-piano ballad political mess with 5 collabs and then i will remind you how much yall dragged me back then:brows:

https://i.imgur.com/Fxu6fqL.jpg

I’m very open to the idea of country elements on Chemtrails though it is far from my favourite genre. I’m more iffy on collabs on it though. I love her collabs, but LFL was the only album I thought they worked on (that album is so emblematic of how messy and all-over-the-place someone can be before changing or wanting to change that collabs feel right, plus it’s her most summery album to date,

so it works). But a Nikki collab, plus maybe a Zella and Weyes... How crowded that album is gonna be :hdu:

i understood too that Breaking Up Slowly was written with Nikki and didn’t mean she was featured on it... (fingers crossed)

6 hours ago, Icecream Icequeen said:

Can the gays who stole Ben’s phone leak Ben’s dick pic cause we for sure know there’s nothing Lana related on his phone :cumming2:

Probably all pictures of Dua Lipas dick 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

6 hours ago, past the bushes said:

:gurl: I'll say I need that 'cause Lana and Natalie's vocals weren't really clear on the live performances and I think that with the right mixing it has the potential to be a great cover.

YES!!! I think natalie has the greatest potential on a recorded version. Titanic Rising was like fav album of 2019 after NFR

21 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

Anyways i wont complain anymore, im just gonna sit and wait for the meltdowns when album finally comes out in august 2021 and its an incohesive country-trap-piano ballad political mess with 5 collabs and then i will remind you how much yall draged me back then:brows:

this one hit way too damn hard:rollin:

This whole rollout is way too similar to 2018 NFR era and honestly im worried we may just get another top of the year situation

♥ 𝕴𝖒𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖆𝖓𝖓𝖎𝖍𝖎𝖑𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖘𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖘 𝖘𝖔 𝖉𝖔𝖕𝖊 ♥

I’ve been trying to think of examples of what sound I kind of feel Chemtrails will use. I don’t think it’ll be country, but I do think there will be some heavy country inflections. Two non-country albums from the past few years with country inflections that I can imagine Chemtrails having a similar sound to are Kesha’s Rainbow and Jenny Lewis’ On the Line. Some older albums with a similar slightly country-tinged sound would be Nancy & Lee or Janis Joplin’s Pearl or Bobbie Gentry’s Fancy. I don’t think we’re going full country, but more americana in general. I don’t think it’ll be something too jarring for those who don’t generally listen to country.

I'll probably re-read the interview from int. mag, since it'll just be nice to read what that was like in Sept about the record. 

LMLYLAW. I'm not really sure what to describe it as, genre-wise but maybe we just need to slow things down a bit before getting to carried away, bc we've literally got only one song. 
some teasing on "Slowly" (hate typing bus) 
a snippet of TJF

some references to other tracks. 

Personally as a fan, I'm gonna have to ease myself into liking "Slowly" atm, it's just. it's there. I get what it's probably about, but I'm just ok w it atm.

We don't really know much except her having more of a Midwestern influence. 

I really doubt that she's gonna go full blown country. there's just something intuitively inconsistent when it comes to that. I'm thinking more of that world that she's trying to flesh out, and all I get atm are wild skies, early morning mist, morning dew. a slower pace of living, toil. an emphasis on the family, and or needing to escape? a coming back to simpler things. 
I'm probably not the best person to reference these things, but rite now but. in contrast to that, I think more of rodeos, town festivals and rides. more closer merriment among neighbors. late nights under the moon, bonfires. honestly, that w beer. and wanting to be free from that small town, so shenanigans to keep things less mundane. 

I'm not gonna avoid saying this, but as excited as I am, I'm still a bit confused on why the record's titled this way. and I'll probably figure out why, if even just rationalizing some practical sense but. atm. it's just easier to have some more listens to LMLYLAW. but the hype's quiet rite now. so much went wrong. 

atm. I'm thinking, a more refined, cohesive LFL. Bartender to Hope vibes. and as much as I do love NFR. a part of me's still hoping that the record's as exuberant as all the fuss she was making earlier this year.

* glittering and psychedelic * ~ 171BXW3.gif

3 hours ago, Tulips said:

We need more songs like Maha Maha and Brite Lites on Chemtrails :dance:

the truth that not everyone is ready for.. i love her weird and experimental songs. i like both versions of brite lites, i would also enjoy some music that sounds like the steven mertens rock demo of it.

Always aiming paper airplanes

1 hour ago, TheHardestWhite said:

I want a song like Weyes Blood's song Movies on COCC

LITERALLY a classic and complete eargasm... But Lanz would never :toofunny:

we need mirror forever ft lana :crai:

JitteryGloriousAmericanredsquirrel-size_

7 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

You are all too negative. You were saying we weren't going to have anything from the album until 2021 and look, LMLYLAW already came out. The album is coming for sure before spring 2021 :pussypower:

I also think this.

A release between late-Jan and mid-Feb would be my guess. By mid March, at the most

74478fcf3b4e5042e2977d652bbe0025.gif

k2GwJXs.png

7 minutes ago, sweetlikecinnam0n said:

I also think this.

A release between late-Jan and mid-Feb would be my guess. By mid March, at the most

Agreed. I think, well pretty sure we All Think-that this can be solved by a date. Id love a track list but that still seems far fetched currently. Just one concrete date and the mess will end. A date AND a tracklist? Send me to heaven. Im still team January (Dear God September was a different life) cus flannels and pumpkin patches and whatnot....the lead video has no business in March.

3 minutes ago, HighbytheSea said:

Agreed. I think, well pretty sure we All Think-that this can be solved by a date. Id love a track list but that still seems far fetched currently. Just one concrete date and the mess will end. A date AND a tracklist? Send me to heaven. Im still team January (Dear God September was a different life) cus flannels and pumpkin patches and whatnot....the lead video has no business in March.

COCC video might drop either late November or early Dec (even though I don't feel sure about that lmao)

74478fcf3b4e5042e2977d652bbe0025.gif

k2GwJXs.png

1 hour ago, sweetlikecinnam0n said:

COCC video might drop either late November or early Dec (even though I don't feel sure about that lmao)

Gladly take November. October just became month of the WOMAN which is so badass but it got crowded as hell. However sidenote, I dont think miss Adele gracing the stage is gonna change plans for the album. At some point, management needs something tangible for the Big Guys, and I think Lana would have found it pretty damn insulting if her bosses had told her "Ariana is releasing here so you can't, Adele here so you can't, Lorde there so you cant" like damn no wonder she questions herself, her own team devalues her. Or she's just vibing and doesn't give AF when, who am I to say :)