Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: Tentatively Out Spring/Summer 2021

manifesting a 90s cover à la Doin Time n Heart Shaped Box

I don't get that vibe from the tracklist so far but a girl can hope

8 minutes ago, new gods said:

where is anyone getting the idea that the album is going to be trap or political :um2:

just the low expectations from the lfl era. :icant:

i don't think it's going to be trap or political, i think it'd be strange if it was, it's clear that she's going to take a naturistic / acoustic route for this album, with some soft rock / surf influence, all i'm hoping for is decent mixing, good lyricism, and overall just a cohesive, strong album. 

~ * i'm his favorite hymn but he sang them all * ~

1 minute ago, Quiet Waiter Blue Forever said:

by the title and tulsa jesus freak

she said the title track is about her friends and TJF isn't trap it's like downtempo

21 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Me logging onto LanaBoards just to see that people are dragging the album before it’s even out 

1480180682-nelly-gif.gif?crop=1xw:0.6666

yo did she try to text with excel? yooooooooooo

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, baddisease said:

yo did she try to text with excel? yooooooooooo

She really did. :rip:

Mais les vrais voyageurs sont ceux-là seuls qui partent. Pour partir, coeurs légers, semblables aux ballons. De leur fatalité jamais ils ne s'écartent. Et, sans savoir pourquoi, disent toujours : Allons !

43 minutes ago, new gods said:

where is anyone getting the idea that the album is going to be trap or political :um2:

there’s a subsect of team Delulus whose sole purpose is to assume the worst at all times and bring the mood down for everybody, that’s where these baseless fan fictions come from, though we still love them. 

4 minutes ago, Nobody said:

why is trump on my screen

B5TqfZl.gif

this is sending me somewhere. idk where but it's somewhere

lust for life is proof she shouldn't do political songs bc they don't sound genuine. especially given her stunts these last few months. just give us the midwestern bangers!!

i am that bitch

59 minutes ago, new gods said:

let's not manifest a LFL 2.0 pleathe

Mais les vrais voyageurs sont ceux-là seuls qui partent. Pour partir, coeurs légers, semblables aux ballons. De leur fatalité jamais ils ne s'écartent. Et, sans savoir pourquoi, disent toujours : Allons !

1 hour ago, past the bushes said:

W*n Edwards checking Ben's phone for COCC, finding nothing but dick pics and Dua's unreleased material

479333a7dd3974865ec42b516c996cd3.gif

The one good thing about this damn pandemic (and the lack of concerts) is that we don't have to hear about stories of W*n Edwards pushing/shoving his way to be dead center at the barricade, thereby securing his millionth selfie with Lana. :oic2:

The delusion in myself is manifesting Let Me Love You as track one, because it really is a short sweet invitation to follow her on a journey. The abrupt ending will be totally justified if there’s something great following it. Also, if it’s track one I’m manifesting that the album is long because it needs to be a JOURNEY. 

The realist in me is mentally preparing myself for it to be track 6 or something random. 

The pessimist in me is praying that it’s not the closing track because the abrupt ending doesn’t work for me so much if it’s at the end. 

This is all relative to the rest of the album, which we haven’t heard yet, so I suppose anything can happen and anything can work. 

I have a feeling we will get the title track when they are ready to tell us the release date, which hopefully the amazon thing means it’s sooner rather than later. 

Late to the debate, but: while I think COCC will have country elements, I very much doubt Lala is going to go Dolly Parton or anything. Like, Madonna's "Music" album is country-infused pop (most evident on "Don't Tell Me") and a lot of Jewel's stuff is country/folk. I'm on a bit of a 90s/00s binge rn, so

Thanks for buying me my meal at Denny's and my shit at Home Depot. Thanks for that, kids. Luv ya