Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: Tentatively Out Spring/Summer 2021

26 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

not at all. Someone commented "is the video coming on halloween" under Bens post and then other person tagged Ben and wrote "Ben answer this" and Ben tagged the second person and wrote "no" but everyone assumed he was responding to the first comment. then Ben deleted it which makes me think it actually will come at halloween

Ahhh ok I see. So mysterious, that Ben is.

so the whole vampire thing definitely continues to lend itself to the idea that the album (title) is about impending doom and everything not being as it appears. 

Now I didn’t realize she’d go the whole “cannibalism” route, but I def thought this album was supposed to be about something sinister going in a place where you’re supposed to feel safe and carefree. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

you aint fuck me, you fucked the old body

I really think Ben was saying ‘no’ to answer the question...I really don’t see us getting the single this month, definitely November tho! 

17 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

Page 1984...

Praying COCC MV has a similar style :pray2:

1366_2000.jpg

KRHHSHSH WHAT A SERVE THIS WOULD BE. im sorry but lana missed out on a golden opportunity and that’s tea

48 minutes ago, DeluluKing said:

TNBAR is amazing in NFR -.-

Sonically I love it...the demo version lyrics are superior but I get used to the album lyrics and I really enjoy it

Hopefully we get something like a breaking glass sound, the chirping birds in SOC outro,  screaming people in OTTR, the motor cycle vroom in LFL & Get Free or the laughing man in Salvatore

I love when Lana adds noises like that 

Idk why but I imagine the title track to have thunderstorm noises in it

giphy.gif

I love Halloween theme concepts but on the other hand, they are kinda limiting. How am I suppose to enjoy them during the spring or summer. That's why I hope it's gonna be more neutral with the whole vampire thing.

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

1 minute ago, WildMustang said:

I love Halloween theme concepts but on the other hand, they are kinda limiting. How am I suppose to enjoy them during the spring or summer. That's why I hope it's gonna be more neutral with the whole vampire thing.

i have a feeling the album will have a slight ~ * witchy * ~ vibe, but i don't think it's going to be the entire vibe of the album, and honestly the cotcc music video is probably more campy than anything, lmlylaw is not witchy. :smokes: 

~ * i'm his favorite hymn but he sang them all * ~

Just now, LemonadeHeavens said:

i have a feeling the album will have a slight ~ * witchy * ~ vibe, but i don't think it's going to be the entire vibe of the album, and honestly the cotcc music video is probably more campy than anything, lmlylaw is not witchy. :smokes: 

Not a LFL 2.0 mess please.

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, WildMustang said:

We're Lana stans, we live in a constant state of nightmares, so all year counts as spooky season for us nails@2x.gif

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

55 minutes ago, Lentilus said:

Please, let's not manifest any "released" or leaked songs on a new album :crying2: Serene Queen is fucking fire! but I'd be so pressed seeing it on chemtrails. Out with the old pls.

Glad someone said it. It bafles me how some of y'all would want an old unreleased track we already have to take the spot of a possible brand new track on the record :brows3:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

1 hour ago, Lentilus said:

Please, let's not manifest any "released" or leaked songs on a new album :crying2: Serene Queen is fucking fire! but I'd be so pressed seeing it on chemtrails. Out with the old pls.

:wipe: only said it cuz the girls were talking about outtakes, at this point I'm not asking anything to release...I just want it to release :scream:

I personally am fine with the video being halloween themed as long as the song isn't too halloweeny. Sometimes it's nice to have something like a video be themed cause every year you can watch it to get in spooky vibes

how long does it normally take to get a video out? isn't it done months in advance sometimes?

idk if anyone remembers the ads that were put out for the FILLY/Greatest video when they were looking for actors, or when they were posted versus when we actually got the video?

Edited by electra
i meant doin time!

3 minutes ago, electra said:

how long does it normally take to get a video out? isn't it done months in advance sometimes?

idk if anyone remembers the ads that were put out for the FILLY/Greatest video when they were looking for actors, or when they were posted versus when we actually got the video?

I remember casting for Doin time, they were recording on august 9th and vid came out august 29 so that was super fast

https://i.imgur.com/Fxu6fqL.jpg

Just now, electra said:

depends, iirc lana once said she likes to shoot all the videos before even releasing the lead

i dont remember when they were castin ppl for FIILY/TG, but she filmed her fake surf scene a couple days before her show in Lisbon last year. That was mid-july and the MV came out in August.

The Love MV tho had casting calls back in Summer 2016 iirc cuz we all thought it was supposed to be for Art Deco

Lana once called me sweetheart so that's that

Just now, Lustformoney said:

I remember casting for Doin time, the were recording on august 9th and vid came out august 29 so that was super fast

ohhh that was it! sorry i just had a brainfart there, cause that was the one win edwards was in.

and that's actually a really great turn around with all the special effects they used and stuff.

5 minutes ago, electra said:

does anyone else remember the casting call for a "grease" inspired video from the nfr era? was that even real? lol

~ * i'm his favorite hymn but he sang them all * ~

Just now, LemonadeHeavens said:

does anyone else remember the casting call for a "grease" inspired video from the nfr era? was that even real? lol

maybe they thought those scenes from doin time were grease inspired? like the ones where lana's in the wig!