Jump to content
Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: Tentatively Out Spring/Summer 2021

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, DeluluKing said:

Your nickname btw... The LFL demo... it's so sad that LFL had a potentiial to be her best album... But instead it's the worst :/ Imagine a polished oryginal LFL >>> NFR. LFL demo is one of her best tracks. IT WOULD BE THE BEST if she'd finish it.

 

I wish she would have released both concepts in the vein of Born to Die/Paradise. Imagine a Lust for Life: The Yosemite Edition

 

On topic: Here are some links to check every 5 minutes

http://lana.lnk.to/chemtrails

http://lana.lnk.to/cotcc

http://lana.lnk.to/cocc

http://lana.lnk.to/cumtrails

http://lana.lnk.to/coccdestroyers

http://lana.lnk.to/uncutcocc

http://lana.lnk.to/juicycocc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wild caged animal said:

 

I wish she would have released both concepts in the vein of Born to Die/Paradise. Imagine a Lust for Life: The Yosemite Edition

 

On topic: Here are some links to check every 5 minutes

http://lana.lnk.to/chemtrails

http://lana.lnk.to/cotcc

http://lana.lnk.to/cocc

http://lana.lnk.to/cumtrails

http://lana.lnk.to/coccdestroyers

http://lana.lnk.to/uncutcocc

http://lana.lnk.to/juicycocc

XDDD UNCUTCOCC. Uncut cocc's are the best ; d I hate cut cocc's.

 

She could release an EP called "Yosemite" With Roses bloom for you etc.


WE WON!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok I have this theory, since I watched One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest today. Notice the similarity between this title and "Chemtrails Over the Country Club"? Yes I noticed that too. Also, Duke Nicolson is on the NFR cover and he is the son of Jack Nicholson who stars in this film. There's a boat scene in the film too. Is it a coincident? Probably not. And it turns out I'm not the only one who noticed it (https://imgur.com/a/8Ea9usZ link by @urgirl)

 

Plus, this film is about a mental institution and Lana's next poetry book is about being in a (metaphorical?) mental instituition, judging by the title.

 

I don't really know where I'm going with this theory but expect Lana to wear a nurse costume soon

 

One-Flew-Over-the-Cuckoo-s-Nest-jack-nicholson-31068173-1786-1340.jpg

Spoiler

 

I did some further research and I wanna give some credit to those who talked about it before...

 

On 9/25/2020 at 2:37 AM, IanadeIrey said:

YES, this! The NFR cover is widely believed to be a reference to this sailing scene in the film "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" with Jack Nicholson, so I wonder if, while it's unlikely since she probably already shot it, she's referencing Hitchcock's "The Birds" with this shoot for the cover. @violets mentioned how her hair and makeup looks similar to Tippi Hedren's in the film, and knowing what we know about Bird World, it could make sense. Lana even said to Jack in that 09/04/2019 IG Live that they should do something with the verses from that song! Maybe she reworked it for this record!

 

On 9/29/2020 at 10:13 PM, sweetcinnamoncherry said:

Also, Ryan Murphy directed that Netflix show Ratched which is based on "One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest" (which Lana may have referenced with the NFR cover) 

Cuckoo Nest= birds = The Birds (Bodega Bae):brows:

 

Also @urgirl @JehovahThikness and @ivy talked about the cover connection but Idk how to quote them since it's in the NFR thread

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wild caged animal said:

Ok I have this theory, since I watched One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest today. Notice the similarity between this title and "Chemtrails Over the Country Club"? Yes I noticed that too. Also, Duke Nicolson is on the NFR cover and he is the son of Jack Nicholson who stars in this film. There's a boat scene in the film too. Is it a coincident? Probably not. And it turns out I'm not the only one who noticed it (https://imgur.com/a/8Ea9usZ link by @urgirl)

 

Plus, this film is about a mental institution and Lana's next poetry book is about being in a (metaphorical?) mental instituition, judging by the title.

 

I don't really know where I'm going with this theory but expect Lana to wear a nurse costume soon

 

One-Flew-Over-the-Cuckoo-s-Nest-jack-nicholson-31068173-1786-1340.jpg

  Reveal hidden contents

 

I did some further research and I wanna give some credit to those who talked about it before...

 

 

 

Also @urgirl @JehovahThikness and @ivy talked about the cover connection but Idk how to quote them since it's in the NFR thread

 

 

Your mind! If she ends up referencing The Birds and One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest (again for this record) that would be amazing! Some people have said that it’s possible for the more high-budget visuals for this album she’ll be referencing Hitchcock films or just classic movies in general, so I think you’ve definitely got a premonition for COTCC! Amazing job connecting the dots! <3 :kiss:


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Your mind! If she ends up referencing The Birds and One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest (again for this record) that would be amazing! Some people have said that it’s possible for the more high-budget visuals for this album she’ll be referencing Hitchcock films or just classic movies in general, so I think you’ve definitely got a premonition for COTCC! Amazing job connecting the dots! <3 :kiss:

 

Thanks, I'm so happy that I can contribute something productive for once. Also, I really got a kick out of finding the other posts about the NFR cover:trisha:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

have we talked about how pearls seem to be thematic to the album? in the video from the chemtrails music vid set lana appears to be wearing jewelry that incorporates pearls, and then the images/video from the Violet release with the pearl gloves and shoes...idk, i don't have any real thoughts about this, just something i noticed. fits with the country club thing imo (ladies who lunch and their pearls).


That's my why no matter what world i'm in
I'm accessible by only one satellite 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

have we talked about how pearls seem to be thematic to the album? in the video from the chemtrails music vid set lana appears to be wearing jewelry that incorporates pearls, and then the images/video from the Violet release with the pearl gloves and shoes...idk, i don't have any real thoughts about this, just something i noticed. fits with the country club thing imo (ladies who lunch and their pearls).

The way pearls are this era's flowers :smile4:


                                      74478fcf3b4e5042e2977d652bbe0025.gif

                         k2GwJXs.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Building off of @rightofjupiter’s post, a quick Google search tells us this:
 

“ The pearl is a symbol of perfection and incorruptibility; it is a symbol of long life and fertility, and because of its luster it is often considered a MOON symbol. Buried within the OYSTER shell, the pearl represents hidden knowledge, and it is highly feminine.”

 

Hidden knowledge:

- conspiracy theorists at the country club

- Lana’s caption “Things aren’t always the way they appear to be down at the country club” - what goes on behind closed doors; 

- could also be a reference to WTWWAWWKD “Girls don’t forget your pearls” “told by the fake news”

-“incorruptibility” could be ironic in the sense that the country club and its rich demographic ARE corrupt

 

Highly feminine:

- Question for the Culture, her saying she will be chronicling her feminine fragility in BTIG and COTCC

- Let Me Love You Like a Woman

 

 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, wild caged animal said:

Ok I have this theory, since I watched One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest today. Notice the similarity between this title and "Chemtrails Over the Country Club"? Yes I noticed that too. Also, Duke Nicolson is on the NFR cover and he is the son of Jack Nicholson who stars in this film. There's a boat scene in the film too. Is it a coincident? Probably not. And it turns out I'm not the only one who noticed it (https://imgur.com/a/8Ea9usZ link by @urgirl)

 

Plus, this film is about a mental institution and Lana's next poetry book is about being in a (metaphorical?) mental instituition, judging by the title.

 

I don't really know where I'm going with this theory but expect Lana to wear a nurse costume soon

 

One-Flew-Over-the-Cuckoo-s-Nest-jack-nicholson-31068173-1786-1340.jpg

  Reveal hidden contents

 

I did some further research and I wanna give some credit to those who talked about it before...

 

 

 

Also @urgirl @JehovahThikness and @ivy talked about the cover connection but Idk how to quote them since it's in the NFR thread

 

 

That's nice, I'd really love if she references these old movies on COCC (being w/ videos or lyrics) but Duke isn't Jack's son, he is his grandson 


                                      74478fcf3b4e5042e2977d652bbe0025.gif

                         k2GwJXs.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...