Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: Tentatively Out Spring/Summer 2021

So I'm watching iTunes Festival performance AGAIN because this is my personal clonazepam when I'm having a terrible time and I just miss the way she used to sing so much. I'd die if she sings like in Million Dollar Man in just one COCC song. It was magical. Truly. Blessings.

I'll just say it. I miss the period when we got the magazine and she was all valiant w it, and the interview video. the video's been amazing. like it was long ago or something hahahahahaha but still.. 

* glittering and psychedelic * ~ 171BXW3.gif

3 hours ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

not really, i still don't care for it all that much, but i also have to consider the possibility that it may be very different compared to the live version, and it might be solo :smokes:

if it does feature nikki lane i'll probably be even less interested because i'm really not a big fan of lana collabs in general

this. i don’t dislike nikki lane, but i’m not a fan. and idc if Lana does collabs, but please let this be the only one if she’s gonna do it. if there’ll be collabs, please be more than 12 or 13 songs. i really wouldn’t care for another messy over crowded album with 3-5 collabs like LFL had. i think it had what, 5 or 6?! That’s crazy! considering she’s an album type of artist, that’s crazy to me. 

but yeah once we know what’s on the record and if there’ll be collabs or if it’ll sound different then... that’s when i’ll make my opinions. until then it doesn’t even exist to me 

giphy.gif

so i went back and listened to Hey Blue Baby and actually in the context of the midwest topics of the album, the song would make sense to be on the album. it’s anti LA, “and the only stars we need were in the sky not the boulevard” is such a meaningful lyric. they were out in a field and could see the stars, not in LA seeing the Hollywood walk of fame, which is even more meaningful, they didn’t need the fame. if some of y’all haven’t lived in a large city like NYC, LA, ATL, Chicago, etc, you might not realize but some of the bigger cities at night you don’t even see stars because the lights are so bright and NYC being the city that never sleeps.

also if the album has something to do with her friends, it would make sense to add on I Must Be Stupid For Being So Happy 

i know they’re not absolutely new songs but it’d be good to have those studio versions. i’ve wanted them since she sang them almost 2 years ago

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - single cover concept 

Processed-with-VSCO-with-nc-preset.jpg

if the single cover or even the album cover fails me, now i know with which artwork i will replace it. and that’s on periodt 

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]

2 hours ago, DinahLee said:

What's the song playing on her video from October 26th? It just rolled over my FB.

Sounds good.

I'm pretty sure the one you heard was the video she posted with Hallucinogenics by Matt Maeson (and featuring Lana!) 

The song was released back in September though 

19 hours ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

West Coast was such a serve honestly I need a West Coast mixed with Venice Bitch and Flipside kind of a track please please Lana.... P L E A S E

@Elle pls make this user an admin, the TASTE. I hope COCC is filled with songs like those three :trisha:

Spoiler

and to think i didn't like west coast very much when it was released... the shame i've been living with since

when-youre-listening-to-lana-del-rey-and

close your eyes and feel where you hold your attention; if it's in the back of eyes, walk it down to your heart center and make that the new place from which your thoughts enter