picturecards

I made my own Ultraviolence cassette with a reversible cover, cardboard sleeve and bonus tracks. Really happy with how it turned out.

3 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

DAMN. This is so amazing! You have a real gift - don’t stop creating masterpieces like this! 

Thank you! I plan on making albums of unreleased tracks. That'll be a bit more work deciding the tracks and sequencing.

2 minutes ago, picturecards said:

Thank you! I plan on making albums of unreleased tracks. That'll be a bit more work deciding the tracks and sequencing.

Love to hear that! Well, please feel free to share that on here because I know for a fact that I would love to see that and I’m sure everyone else would as well! <3

3 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

DAMN. This is so amazing! You have a real gift - don’t stop creating masterpieces like this! 

Thanks for the kind words.

The Neil Krug shoots on the wiki gave me so much inspiration

4 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Love to hear that! Well, please feel free to share that on here because I know for a fact that I would love to see that and I’m sure everyone else would as well! <3

I know what my weekend looks like now!

Nice score on your username, too.

2 minutes ago, picturecards said:

Thanks for the kind words.

The Neil Krug shoots on the wiki gave me so much inspiration

Of course! And I love Neil’s work for Ultraviolence - truly a classic! 

Just now, picturecards said:

I know what my weekend looks like now!

Nice score on your username, too.

Amazing! And thank you ;) 

6 hours ago, veinsineon said:

This is gorgeous :party: I also want one now lol

I'm sure selling them would be legally dubious, but I think if you think of it like friends sharing a very elaborate and specific mix tape... lol

4 hours ago, electra said:

genuinely, really nicely done. i love the fact you split the booklet into contrasting themes!

There was a lot of material to work with, I was worried I'd be paralyzed by choice, but when I found the pool shoot, it came together like a puzzle

3 minutes ago, xeon said:

this is so cute and beautiful! I just love tiny cassette albums they make my heart tingle :flutter:

Appreciate it! They're the best, I've always loved albums with pamphlets in them. Vinyl for the same reason, but when it's little like this and plays music just as well, it's something special.

4 hours ago, The Ocean said:

how do you print the paper and it doesn't look crappy like what printer do you use (and what paper)

also it looks amazing wow

So, I went to Officeworks (Australian Staples) and had them print them. The cardboard sleeve is 300gsm matte card stock and the album cover is 140gsm glossy pamphlet paper. Their printers took care of the rest. 

3 minutes ago, Miss Doing Nothing said:

Really nicely done! Did you have choices for the color of the cassette :creepna3: ?

This was literally just a blank tape I had that was long enough for the album. I'm going to remove the original labelling. But I also might order a custom tape from a service here that makes up blank tapes. So yeah, I can make it whatever really. I was thinking a. Deep translucent red or blue would look great.

1 hour ago, DeluluKing said:

I dont understand why Your girl wasnt at least UVs bonus track :crossed:

When I realised I had time at the end of the tape I immediately put it on there.

Just now, picturecards said:

This was literally just a blank tape I had that was long enough for the album. I'm going to remove the original labelling. But I also might order a custom tape from a service here that makes up blank tapes. So yeah, I can make it whatever really. I was thinking a. Deep translucent red or blue would look great.

That’s cool! blue would fit most I’d say, but red also given the original cover for uv had red letters. 

Love how clean it looks already!!!

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

2 minutes ago, Miss Doing Nothing said:

That’s cool! blue would fit most I’d say, but red also given the original cover for uv had red letters. 

Love how clean it looks already!!!

Exciting development. They have tapes that are reactive to UV light.

So it could be this:

c0-tonr-flo-orange_800.jpg

Or the red or blue below

c0-tonrredtint_2018_400.jpg

c0-tonrbluetintsonic_800.jpg

4 minutes ago, picturecards said:

Exciting development. They have tapes that are reactive to UV light.

So it could be this:

c0-tonr-flo-orange_800.jpg

Or the red or blue below

c0-tonrredtint_2018_400.jpg

c0-tonrbluetintsonic_800.jpg

wtf that first one just because wow! If I could also order this all myself where I live. I’d like to make my own copy with your cover, if that’s ok... This is just beautiful :flutter:

23 minutes ago, Miss Doing Nothing said:

wtf that first one just because wow! If I could also order this all myself where I live. I’d like to make my own copy with your cover, if that’s ok... This is just beautiful :flutter:

Absolutely. Please do. I can send you the pdfs. They will print at the right size and everything. If you wanted to add your own bonus songs or remove songs I can take or add whatever you want.

1 hour ago, picturecards said:

Absolutely. Please do. I can send you the pdfs. They will print at the right size and everything. If you wanted to add your own bonus songs or remove songs I can take or add whatever you want.

I’d love that! I like that you added Your Girl to the tracklist, but did it leak in HQ? Otherwise I’d replace it with Riverside 

5 hours ago, picturecards said:

So, I went to Officeworks (Australian Staples) and had them print them. The cardboard sleeve is 300gsm matte card stock and the album cover is 140gsm glossy pamphlet paper. Their printers took care of the rest. 

I just can't believe people are talking about OFFICEWORKS on here. I love it. The  influx of Australian fans rn. :legend:

I don't really do cassettes but this is so bloody beautiful - if I did dig them I would be making one of my own. Great job!!

3lfQEhw.png