Elle

Lana interviewed by Jack Antonoff for Interview Magazine - September 2020

6 hours ago, Elle said:

Del Rey: Oh my god, I know. I loved that. What I like about that song is that for all of its weirdness, when you get to the end of it, you understand exactly what it’s about. I hate when I hear a song that has a great melody, but I have no idea what they’re talking about. In the grunge movement, a lot of the lyrics were super abstract, but the melodies and the tonality were such a vibe that you felt like you knew exactly what the singer was thinking. Nowadays, you get a beautiful melody but you don’t really know what the person is talking about, or if it’s even important to them.

How I feel about this interview. 

Maybe it's because English is not my first language but it felt like they were talking about nothing actually.

1 minute ago, thelastgirlonearth said:

going from this interview, as i think someone already said, cocc is either going to be a masterpiece or a trainwreck... also i hope jack isn't the only producer on the album- it would get a bit dead if they didn't switch it up at all

You’d have to drag her kicking and screaming away from Jack, I feel she will have him as producer for at least the next record or two after this.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

This was unbearable to read. I couldn't make it all the way through since my eyes couldn't stop rolling at her ego. Exactly why people should be interviewed by journalists and not by their friends. 

@Elle I dunno how you wrote it out I would've had to log off and scream at a wall. 

3lfQEhw.png

Antonoff: Do you feel like there was a looseness to making ‘Chemtrails Over the Country Club’?

Del Rey:  Not really. I’ve been really stressed about this album. From the top, we knew what ‘Norman’ was. But with ‘Chemtrails’, it was like, “Is this new folk? Oh, god, are we going country?” Now that it’s done, I feel really good about it, and I think a defining moment for this album will be “White Dress/Waitress.”

Del Rey: It’s funny, the record was Midwestern-sounding before I even went to the Midwest.

If she's going Americana with COCC, then I'm totally here for it ? I'd love to see a Lana song pop up in Orville Peck's Indigo Spotify playlist

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

Skkkkk the caption 

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

7 hours ago, Elle said:

Antonoff: With ‘Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass’, I feel like you’re mourning a piece of L.A., sometimes literally, sometimes in feeling and tone. Then, couples with ‘Chemtrails’, it’s like you’re starting to talk about all these new places and slowly planting little flags and creating little emotional homes in other parts of America. Obviously I’m here for it, but it does make me wonder if we’re going to be making records is Tucson or Tulsa next year.

sounds like its pretty much decided between them that jack is gonna produce the next record. otherwise that would be a very awkward comment

2 hours ago, hornymoon said:

with this interview we can now see the kinda dynamic she has with Jack and why she's continued to collab with him lmao...a true yes man till the end! imo jack is REALLY not good for her artistry, yes man never are he's just there to stroke her ego and tell her she's the bestest.

Never forget that Rick was even worse imo. They both have the same integrity when it comes to working together and I feel like Rick does a similar thing every time so I'm glad AT LEAST she switched one yesman to another that's not that repetitive lol

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

51 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

You’d have to drag her kicking and screaming away from Jack, I feel she will have him as producer for at least the next record or two after this.  

I have a feeling you might be correct and I don't like it at all. She should be workin' w/ Kendrick Lamar. That'd take her out of her comfort zone, which is exactly what she needs at this point in her career or it's gonna be downhill from here.

Jim-1.jpgJim-2.jpgJim-3.jpg

12 minutes ago, kitschesque said:

Never forget that Rick was even worse imo. They both have the same integrity when it comes to working together and I feel like Rick does a similar thing every time so I'm glad AT LEAST she switched one yesman to another that's not that repetitive lol

Comparing Rick Nowels to Jack AntoNOff and saying that Rick is ''worse'' than Jack? Rick, I'm so sorry.. :creep:

5 hours ago, wthebluemascara said:

I laughed a lot reading these parts:lmao:

Right, I didn't expect her to say these kind of things but now that I think about it, lately she often uses this tone like she's way ahead of everyone and I wonder where that comes from. It's a good thing to talk about her talent, but I don't think it's really healthy when it comes to the point that she puts herself on a pedestal, and this also with the sentence that really feels like "I tell the other person when she fucks me up because it's their fault that I'm fucked up". I mean, unless she's talking about abuse, I think it's not the healthiest way to approach relationships.

It's a really interesting interview by the way! I really hope more will come out and that she can get through what she's going trough in the best way possible

What’s so weird though is the same people who are now saying, “Ugh, she’s egotistical!” are the same ones who will tell other people that they’re misogynistic in other situations. When she’s allowed to feel these things. She’s allowed to build up her ego— we’ve been exhaustive fans who’ve stayed by her side this long. what did you think would happen? And why is that wrong for her to do so? Men do it all the time. And yet— she’s not allowed?! Okay so... why? Especially when she doesn’t share her personal thoughts every day or her political affiliations, thank god. She’s not the type to publicly support any candidate which i’m so glad about, but she’s sitting around her house or with friends, you think she never thinks about things? She literally has a degree in philosophy. 

It’s wild the times we’re in. There’s a difference between someone building up their ego to insult or deny feelings of people who are “below” them, which would make me feel more close to the way how some people here are feeling, and the way she’s building her ego. We’ve all said she’s a great artist and realistically doesn’t have a bad record! So why... is she not allowed to be a little cocky? Honestly, some men really love women who are cocky and have the history to back it up— to prove they have a reason to be cocky and it threatens a man’s own ego. 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 minute ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

What’s so weird though is the same people who are now saying, “Ugh, she’s egotistical!” are the same ones who will tell other people that they’re misogynistic in other situations. When she’s allowed to feel these things. She’s allowed to build up her ego— we’ve been exhaustive fans who’ve stayed by her side this long. what did you think would happen? And why is that wrong for her to do so? Men do it all the time. And yet— she’s not allowed?! Okay so... why? Especially when she doesn’t share her personal thoughts every day or her political affiliations, thank god. She’s not the type to publicly support any candidate which i’m so glad about, but she’s sitting around her house or with friends, you think she never thinks about things? She literally has a degree in philosophy. 

It’s wild the times we’re in. There’s a difference between someone building up their ego to insult or deny feelings of people who are “below” them, which would make me feel more close to the way how some people here are feeling, and the way she’s building her ego. We’ve all said she’s a great artist and realistically doesn’t have a bad record! So why... is she not allowed to be a little cocky? Honestly, some men really love women who are cocky and have the history to back it up— to prove they have a reason to be cocky and it threatens a man’s own ego. 

Egotism and misogyny are very different though so I don't know why it's being compared in this way. No one is saying Lana can't be proud of her work, but she's not doing herself a favour in this interview. I would have the exact same amount of disappointment regarding egotism with men and women, and I'm sure the same can be said for lots of people here too. Having a big ego is an unattractive quality no matter what's in between your legs 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

jack annoys me to absolutely no end. like he reminds me of those people who sit in starbucks for 10 hours on their mac writing flavorless poetry and pretending they're the main character of an indie art haus film 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

really interested in her talking about working hard to her future, a future she's nervous about– she's vague about it (she does this a lot– drops some bit of info that is both somewhat precise and vague as hell) but does mention, for example, writing classes. i wonder if she wants to get an MFA, really lean into becoming an author? she does seem to imply that poetry has really been at the center of her life for the past few years.

aOaIzH2.gif