Elle

Lana interviewed by Jack Antonoff for Interview Magazine - September 2020

2 minutes ago, Negative Nancy said:

im so lazy id rather watch a video of them talking back and forth

but thanks for the post and pictures! xo

Same energy

0B4t5Nb.jpg

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Del Rey:  The one thing that makes me upset is that f I hadn’t been so distracted with my personal life and my poetry, I could’ve broken it down in a more delicate, precise way. I guess the way I could’ve done that is just by adding one more defining song to it. Right now it’s really, really good, but I don’t know if it’s perfect, and that really bothers me. I think I need to add that song, ‘Dealer’, where I’m just screaming my head off. People don’t know what it sounds like when I yell. And I do yell.

omg i need screaming Lana :defeated:

if this gives me Marilyn Manson vibes im GONNA cream :defeated:

9 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

You would have been attacked because you constantly make passive aggressive jabs at everyone on here.

It's perfectly normal to have criticism and stan the person at the same time, it's not a hard concept to pick up on :monicker:

So many people these days will yell “passive aggressive” while not even knowing what that term means. It’s actually a clinical diagnosis too and I go to a therapist and was never diagnosed with that. I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder which is not the same. This is not a discussion of psychology on this thread, nor do I think we have any licensed social workers on here. 

I think we should keep this thread on topic and not use it as a means of provoking reactions. I have fully committed to staying on topic and not engaging in arguments. 

I really love Norman, and it was a definite step up from Lust For Life and a much needed change, but honestly, I can't decide how I feel about her discography's production.

Born To Die's production is flawless, but we know Lana had very little say and it was Emile who had the control. Ultraviolence is equally as impressive and again, it was mainly down to Dan but it was Lana that reached out to him and despite their differences it sounds like they worked together and put the music first. Honeymoon was peak Rick and Lana and is such a vanity project but she pulls it off... I honestly think Lana is the type of artist that needs to work with somebody new on each record, just so she doesn't get bored or comfortable. Or she needs to find somebody who challenges her, like Dan did. 

Great interview from start to finish :gclap: She's definitely in a very important stage of her life. Also her Leo Moon grows with each year :creep: 

5 hours ago, lamms said:

I don’t understand how she still believes, that she’s an underdog? I‘d say that with LFL that has changed dramatically. She’s been acknowledged as inspiration by a lot of other big artists. So this is something what makes her seem to blow up her ego as others have rightfully said. Nonetheless I can’t wait for the album and loved the parts about the music.

I think she probably used to be naive and thought everyone wrote their own lyrics and worked on their own music a lot. I may be wrong but I do remember her saying something years ago about Rihanna like how Rihanna was so amazing and she doesn't know how she manages to keep making music like that. Like at the time she didn't seem to know Rihanna doesn't really make her own music.

The more she finds out over time how Rihanna, Beyonce, Kanye West, Drake and whoever actually have a lot of help writing their music and huge teams and they buy songs from people and they have dozens of $millions in marketing and you need to pay to be on radio and whatever she probably was just late into finding out that it was kind of all bought and paid for at the top. She sees herself as more of a "real" artist who makes the music she wants to and puts all her effort into it all the time and is more authentic yet it doesn't matter to people really and the most popular who really have paid to be the most popular will get the awards and praise.

"You were probably surprised that I actually write. I guess that’s how I would describe it: I really write. Poems and music. Sometimes I miss the mark, but I know what I’m going for. That’s why I really like hip-hop."

It seems she is now quite bitter that people get praise and awards for music thats very little to do with them. Like over time once she started to work with more producers and collab more, people must have been saying to her like "oh you write your own lyrics" and then she's probably thinking like most of these people are just performers and basically actors.

The interview was definitely...enlighting :derpna:

I like to think the only reason why she comes off as having a little ego trip is BC she's talking to Jack (Who's also seemingly a close friend after all). We all have those kind of mates that bring out the over-confidennce in us and enable it further. 

Idk I don't really connect with her anymore not as a person like I use to and I think its partly BC I've changed and so has she (imo for the worst sadly). But that's okay, we all see her differently and that's a good thing, it keeps things spicy on LB. Honestly as long as the music is brilliant, thats all that fundamentally matters.

I've got some really mixed feelings for COCC. Its either gonna be the best thing since slice bread or its gonna be a shitshow. The new folk ( whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean) /country is not my vibe but then Lana has a history of poorly explaining how her albums sound sooooo....

Edited by Macintosh Manhattan

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

1 minute ago, reaperofthepack said:

The thing about written interviews is they can easily portray your words in a different way from which you said them. It lacks the context of your tone , delivery etc.

i wish she did more radio interview that are longer than like 6 minutes. Or went on podcasts or something. Not that i'm particularly a Joe Rogan fan but i saw his miley cyrus interview and i like how he really goes in depth in her feelings and experience 

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

9 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Great interview from start to finish :gclap: She's definitely in a very important stage of her life. Also her Leo Moon grows with each year :creep: 

These next five years when you think about it will musically be her defining years. And with Jack by her side, she has just the right partner. 

10 minutes ago, reaperofthepack said:

The thing about written interviews is they can easily portray your words in a different way from which you said them. It lacks the context of your tone , delivery etc.

It's pretty obvious to me that certain people would rather give intentions to Lana instead of giving context to her wording. Not saying she's immune to criticism, far from that. However, I don't think what she says is that incriminating.

7 minutes ago, reaperofthepack said:

True. My grandfather was a foreign languages professor and he always talked about the importance of understanding and interpreting tone. 

But it’s good Jack interviewed her because he really gets her musically. Like I said the two of them are like Billy Joel and Phil Ramone. 

2 hours ago, lamms said:

How about we don't normalize God complexes? It's one thing to be proud of your own work, yourself and even a little bit arrogance is okay, but please she's not omniscient as she has painted herself here. :scoff: that's what people have taken issue with. In the end all I can say about all this:

Do I contradict myself? Very well then, I contradict myself; I am large - I contain multitudes. :shh2:

My point is, it is something every successful artists share bc it's deeply human. We all would feel the same. 

20 minutes ago, sexyslutboy said:

i wish she did more radio interview that are longer than like 6 minutes. Or went on podcasts or something. Not that i'm particularly a Joe Rogan fan but i saw his miley cyrus interview and i like how he really goes in depth in her feelings and experience 

i would loooove her to do a longer podcast interview, or even fresh air on npr or something (i sort of hate terry gross but still, just any longer audio interview would be cool, loved all the radio interviews for NFR)

aOaIzH2.gif

maybe im also a crazy egomaniac also because im not getting those kind of vibes from this interview at all. she's fucking crazy but she's free y'all......

With her saying that she knew we weren't ready for a crisis, is not like a crazy take im pretty sure most people who are even half way enlightened about politics right or left knew this. Americans have been in a complete state of ambient doom since 2016. 

1 hour ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

What’s so weird though is the same people who are now saying, “Ugh, she’s egotistical!” are the same ones who will tell other people that they’re misogynistic in other situations. When she’s allowed to feel these things. She’s allowed to build up her ego— we’ve been exhaustive fans who’ve stayed by her side this long. what did you think would happen? And why is that wrong for her to do so? Men do it all the time. And yet— she’s not allowed?! Okay so... why? Especially when she doesn’t share her personal thoughts every day or her political affiliations, thank god. She’s not the type to publicly support any candidate which i’m so glad about, but she’s sitting around her house or with friends, you think she never thinks about things? She literally has a degree in philosophy. 

It’s wild the times we’re in. There’s a difference between someone building up their ego to insult or deny feelings of people who are “below” them, which would make me feel more close to the way how some people here are feeling, and the way she’s building her ego. We’ve all said she’s a great artist and realistically doesn’t have a bad record! So why... is she not allowed to be a little cocky? Honestly, some men really love women who are cocky and have the history to back it up— to prove they have a reason to be cocky and it threatens a man’s own ego. 

I'm sorry you probably felt attacked and thought about all of this also regarding my post, but my idea behind what I wrote is just that I consider every individual as equal, therefore I don't believe in one person being superior/inferior to another one and I don't believe it's healthy either, for herself and for other people, to have this mindset (which she probably doesn't even have, it's just what it seems to me from the interview and other statements) and that I hope she has the best possible mindset for her well-being and for others, that's it.

✧・゚:* ヽ(*・ω・)ノ*:・゚✧