Elle

Lana interviewed by Jack Antonoff for Interview Magazine - September 2020

4 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

What I like about Lana is she never tried to be perfect, she’s got plenty of flaws and irritations. Although it’s fucking irritating for fans what would be worse is a fake pop singer Ava Max who never wants to put a foot wrong or shares their true self

This random namedropping is serving Lana Instagram rant. 

What does Ava Max have to do with this interview?

54 minutes ago, Icecream Icequeen said:

Such a great interview. Really gives an insight to more of her thoughts and who she is.

And I can't at those who are complaining about the interview. :oopna2:

This was an excellent interview. Very insightful. I think some folks on here just want to pick apart everything she says to suit their own purposes. 

An interview is supposed to be insightful. Sadly, it’s hard to get insightful interviews these days. This is why I keep saying that Lana should go on The Howard Stern Show because that would be her best interview of all time. And Howard would have her on in a heartbeat! 

7 minutes ago, AlexParliament said:

Your not the only one who enjoyed it. People who did enjoy it probably don’t have anything to say. This is true when one is content. 

Same omg. Most of the times I like or enjoy something, I don't have much to say. I just enjoy it. It was a simple, nice interview. (Not the same for albums I love though - I could talk for hours).

1 hour ago, sexyslutboy said:

i wish she did more radio interview that are longer than like 6 minutes. Or went on podcasts or something. Not that i'm particularly a Joe Rogan fan but i saw his miley cyrus interview and i like how he really goes in depth in her feelings and experience 

She should go on the Howard Stern Show. He would probably do about an hour long interview with her, plus he would have her perform too. When talking with Howard, it will be casual but insightful. Joe Rogan would be fine too. Maybe she could do both. 

2 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Same omg. Most of the times I like or enjoy something, I don't have much to say. I just enjoy it. It was a simple, nice interview. (Not the same for albums I love though - I could talk for hours).

Exactly! But mark my words; an interview on The Howard Stern Show would be perfect! 

2 hours ago, Tulips said:

Comparing Rick Nowels to Jack AntoNOff and saying that Rick is ''worse'' than Jack? Rick, I'm so sorry.. :creep:

I never said he's worse per se. I said his case of "repetitiveness" is worse! I respect both of them immensely.

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Just now, World At War said:

im here with *explosion sounds* LANA *gunshots sound* DEL *other random sound effect* REY 

"so lana, tell me about this album called...."

"chemtrails over the country club"

"that."

"so anyways lana who you been fuckin?"

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

I loved this interview and it didn’t come across as arrogant to me. I’ve been thinking this for years: Lana has been ahead of her time. I mean she really dropped the BTD album when the world was still obsessed with hyper-aggressive EDM pop, while she was sounding manic in her vocals, was mixing classical with hip hop, and singing about unhealthy relationships and dying. And she got so much flack for it and has over the years for things she’s said in songs and interviews.

She inspired and opened the doors for a whole new generation of artists, yet they’re the ones out there getting Grammys, dominating charts, and being household names, while Lana still seems underground somehow. 

She was right all along. She has been under-appreciated and under-recognized. So no, I don’t find this interview arrogant because it’s true. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

Anyways, this got me really excited for the album. NFR was delayed because she added more songs to it too, and look how well it turned out. I’m happy to wait if that means the album is better. 

I’m excited to see where this folk, country (I’ve been getting more into country lately), and “Midwestern” sound is going to. I’m a little concerned when she mentioned folk after Taylor’s folklore reminded me a lot of NFR due to Jack’s work, but I’m also excited since I’ve been listening to Sirens a lot lately which is obviously folk. I’m interested to see how she talks about her family and friends in the album too, because it doesn’t seem like she does that often. 

I find it so interesting that to hear Lana being stressed about where she wants to go, about her even taking writing classes, and her being in different, weird places all the time. I just find her so fascinating. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore