Elle

Lana interviewed by Jack Antonoff for Interview Magazine - September 2020

4 hours ago, Slumdog said:

How I feel about this interview. 

Maybe it's because English is not my first language but it felt like they were talking about nothing actually.

I feel this way about almost all her interviews and long posts nowadays

Not y’all being surprised with her personality here... I have always thought that she has a huge ego, she always thinks she is right too (that’s why she never apologized about anything bad she could have said/done in the past). It’s funny to see her being like I always thought she was 

This interview is so amazing. One thing I’ve always admired about Lana is how she’s firm in her beliefs and confident in her own abilities - I think she really speaks to the saying that if you don’t believe in what you’re doing, then nobody will. And for that reason, she’s a huge inspiration! The way she puts things and the way she’s so self-actualized and aware of her own mechanisms really just reminds me why she will forever be my favourite artist! 

22 minutes ago, wild caged animal said:

Am I the only one turned on by her arrogance? :gasp:

only one slight moment in the interview about other music not telling a specific story and when I thought about it, I could only agree. 

some music just has a bland moment of words that rhyme

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

8 hours ago, WilshireBoulevard said:

I'm not trying to tell her how to feel, which is why I'm writing this all on lanaboards instead of in an angry email or something. How "valid" her feelings are is of literally no interest to me. I think it's a joke that she calls herself an underdog and then plays with her fans about the release date of her album because she knows they'll buy it anyway. Refusing to listen to any type of criticism is never a good sign in an artist. Her calling out Kanye in that comment and in her song is starting to look much more like projection than any valid concerns. She can feel however she wants and she doesn't need my permission to feel it. But equally I don't need her permission to think that she sounds like a self-absorbed yuppie with both a god and a victim complex. 

her most negative "fan".....back at it again

lanaboards: she's so beautiful! so talented! this album will be her best! nfr album of the year! born to die album of the century! shes ahead of her time, a lyrical genius and a great american poet! she deserved to win album of the year at the grammys! one of the most talented woman in the industry!

lana: haha i think my work is good

lanaboards: :scoff:

you guys remind me of those memes of girls being told they're beautiful and sexy in their dm's and they're like thanks haha i know and the men are like i take that back you ugly whore how dare you

I'm just gonna speak up on one more thing regarding this arrogance shambles, and this post isn't directed at any specific person. I also want to mention that I don't think Lana was that arrogant with what she said, and I don't have a huge problem with how this interview went, but anyway...

The thing with a person having confidence is good, but it's so easy for that person to cross that line into arrogance and egotism, and unfortunately I know many people who don't realise they're being big headed. It's one thing to feel confident and speak with confidence, but it's another to portray that confidence in a cocky way. Lots of times people act like a self conceited dick under the guise of self confidence - (and I want to strongly clarify that this isn't what I think Lana herself is doing). :stop:

I know some of you don't care about your faves having cockiness, and that were living in a "YASS KWEEN!" era where it's pretty much celebrated, but at the end of the day, it really does depend if you're the type of person who values egotism over humility and vice versa. So really, were going around and around with this discussion. 

Personally I don't mind arrogance in music, because music is often an exaggeration of many things (sounds, lyricism etc), so I don't care. But obviously in a personal and intimate setting, the arrogance (based on what you value more in a person's personality), can be pretty affected and how you then view this person as a whole.

I don't think it's misogynistic or even hypocritical that some here are somewhat turned off by arrogance, because arrogance is a reflection of what some people don't want to be associated with, friendship/relationship wise.

There's a reason why lots of people don't like certain artists (ya'll know exactly who), and that's because sometimes it is off putting, based on what you value in people. That's literally it.

Lots of things are already being blown out of proportion and people are putting words in each other's mouths on here. I don't think this interview means people should tear Lana down to shreds, because it is unfair and most of what she said what pretty tame in comparison to what other artists talk about. But don't get mad if people find her words off putting, because like I said, it's all about what we value in people. If you like Lana's arrogance, then that's fine. If you don't, then that's also fine! 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I'm trying to think of any unreleased songs where she "screams"... on True Love on the Side she sounds "rough"/upset, but not actually screamy. Usually she whispers when she's angry ("Get Drunk"). Very curious to hear her loud and proud! 

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

2 minutes ago, BoardingSchool said:

I'm trying to think of any unreleased songs where she "screams"... on True Love on the Side she sounds "rough"/upset, but not actually screamy. Usually she whispers when she's angry ("Get Drunk"). Very curious to hear her loud and proud! 

Tired of Singing the Blues :mj:

Lanarat.png

We have no date for when the actual conversation took place between Jack and Lana right? When was the last picture she took in Oklahoma? Bc if we knew they date when they actually talked it’d put everything else into perspective. Like they say “we’re so close” to finishing the album but if it were coming out this month I’d assume the album would have to be done. And also it’s help us wonder if dealer is on there, which I pray it is 

All I wanna do is get high by the beach

What dogs does Lana have...? I know of Spooky but I thought that was Chuck’s dog? She talks about raising her animals alone and I’m just wondering if I’m the only one that doesn’t know she has dogs?! 

1 hour ago, iwannadie said:

I imagine her so pissed about not being universally considered as the best musician in the world and feeling like she's treated as a fresh-out-of-SoundCloud alt artist and it's cracking me up :lmao:

its extra cause she's easily the most renowned women in alt music of this generation

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me