Elle

Lana interviewed by Jack Antonoff for Interview Magazine - September 2020

17 minutes ago, gatadelrey said:

What dogs does Lana have...? I know of Spooky but I thought that was Chuck’s dog? She talks about raising her animals alone and I’m just wondering if I’m the only one that doesn’t know she has dogs?! 

Same I always assumed the dogggies in the pics-even the ones she was petting-were her siblings/friends' dogs. :whatever2:

5fe355eac0b664d0bc39e10665a55b42.gif

She's a gorgeous narcissist and she knows it.

12 minutes ago, Hallo Heaven said:

Same I always assumed the dogggies in the pics-even the ones she was petting-were her siblings/friends' dogs. :whatever2:

Yeah.... she never shows them? She mentioned a German Shepherd on Paradise is Very Fragile but I never got the impression that it was actually her dog. 

1 hour ago, BoardingSchool said:

I'm trying to think of any unreleased songs where she "screams"... on True Love on the Side she sounds "rough"/upset, but not actually screamy. Usually she whispers when she's angry ("Get Drunk"). Very curious to hear her loud and proud! 

she screams in noir too

It was an ok interview until she got a bit too self absorbed, focussing on how great she is and how she always knows everything (LOL). Jack encouraging her by being a brown-noser did not help. 

The pictures are great though amd it's nice to have some context on the album. I hope that it's ACTUALLY coming this  month and that Dealer will only be added as a digital track.

Not sure if I like that she memtions her cringy instagram-girlfriends in her music and that country seems to be a part of CoCCs soundscape.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

6 hours ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

What’s so weird though is the same people who are now saying, “Ugh, she’s egotistical!” are the same ones who will tell other people that they’re misogynistic in other situations. When she’s allowed to feel these things. She’s allowed to build up her ego— we’ve been exhaustive fans who’ve stayed by her side this long. what did you think would happen? And why is that wrong for her to do so? Men do it all the time. And yet— she’s not allowed?! Okay so... why? Especially when she doesn’t share her personal thoughts every day or her political affiliations, thank god. She’s not the type to publicly support any candidate which i’m so glad about, but she’s sitting around her house or with friends, you think she never thinks about things? She literally has a degree in philosophy. 

It’s wild the times we’re in. There’s a difference between someone building up their ego to insult or deny feelings of people who are “below” them, which would make me feel more close to the way how some people here are feeling, and the way she’s building her ego. We’ve all said she’s a great artist and realistically doesn’t have a bad record! So why... is she not allowed to be a little cocky? Honestly, some men really love women who are cocky and have the history to back it up— to prove they have a reason to be cocky and it threatens a man’s own ego. 

You are assuming that people who are saying she's egotistical would accept it in a man, and I can only speak for myself but no, I would not. 

I don't think it's okay for anyone, and I don't think it's inevitable, either. Furthermore, I think it's worrisome when an artist gets to this point, because their art tends to suffer, with few exceptions. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

2 hours ago, electra said:

lanaboards: she's so beautiful! so talented! this album will be her best! nfr album of the year! born to die album of the century! shes ahead of her time, a lyrical genius and a great american poet! she deserved to win album of the year at the grammys! one of the most talented woman in the industry!

lana: haha i think my work is good

lanaboards: :scoff:

you guys remind me of those memes of girls being told they're beautiful and sexy in their dm's and they're like thanks haha i know and the men are like i take that back you ugly whore how dare you

No, this goes way beyond "I think my work is good"; she's literally saying she's right about everything ... how to make music (fair), human existence and behaviour, relationships ... 

She makes the point several times that she has her finger on the pulse and implies that other minions do not, which is simply bullshit because any time she speaks on social issues, for example, it's a fucking disaster. 

24 minutes ago, Electric Body said:

It was an ok interview until she got a bit too self absorbed, focussing on how great she is and how she always knows everything (LOL). Jack encouraging her by being a brown-noser did not help. 

The pictures are great though amd it's nice to have some context on the album. I hope that it's ACTUALLY coming this  month and that Dealer will only be added as a digital track.

Not sure if I like that she memtions her cringy instagram-girlfriends in her music and that country seems to be a part of CoCCs soundscape.

this Kanye-reminiscent manic energy can foreshadow either an artist-defining masterpiece or an utter mess (albeit an iconic and interesting one!) 

Jack Antonoff to Lana Del Rey: “Do you feel like the people in your life know every inch of you?”

LDR: “They do. Every ex I have, every girlfriend I have, every family member I have, even the ones I don’t speak to – they know the ins and outs of why I sometimes catch sheer panic out of nowhere. I can even say to some of them, “It’s related to you. You fucked me over".

Who could this be related to? :creep:

giphy.gif

Also to whoever said Rick is a yes man: no he isn't, according to Lana herself. In a radio interview last year she said that she enjoyed working with Jack because it was nice to work with a producer who didn't tell her that things "suck".  She picked Jack because he IS  a yes man. 

3 minutes ago, naturalbornloser said:

Jack Antonoff to Lana Del Rey: “Do you feel like the people in your life know every inch of you?”

LDR: “They do. Every ex I have, every girlfriend I have, every family member I have, even the ones I don’t speak to – they know the ins and outs of why I sometimes catch sheer panic out of nowhere. I can even say to some of them, “It’s related to you. You fucked me over".

Who could this be related to? :creep:

Patty

20 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Has Interview Magazine put this issue up for sale/pre-order? Asking because I’ve seen people say they’ve purchased it online but it could be from that EBay retailer. 

I haven’t been able to find it anywhere online besides ebay. I think it’s coming out next week because the interview magazine Instagram page said the cover and issue was supposed to be unveiled next week. 

Just now, gatadelrey said:

I haven’t been able to find it anywhere online besides ebay. I think it’s coming out next week because the interview magazine Instagram page said the cover and issue was supposed to be unveiled next week. 

Ah, I see. That’s what I figured. Thank you so much! :) I guess we’ll have to wait until Tuesday then! 

11 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

Also to whoever said Rick is a yes man: no he isn't, according to Lana herself. In a radio interview last year she said that she enjoyed working with Jack because it was nice to work with a producer who didn't tell her that things "suck".  She picked Jack because he IS  a yes man. 

I'm worried that beacuse of the pandemic she went full Jack (like how HM was full Rick [& his assistants lol])

I don't mind him but new musicians fuel her creativity 

8 minutes ago, iwannadie said:

I'm worried that beacuse of the pandemic she went full Jack (like how HM was full Rick [& his assistants lol])

I don't mind him but new musicians fuel her creativity 

Yes, I think this will be all Jack ... I think the only reason NFR wasn't was because she had some songs in the pipeline before she met him (Bartender, TNBAR, California) and because DT was a cover it was an exception, too.

38 minutes ago, iwannadie said:

this Kanye-reminiscent manic energy can foreshadow either an artist-defining masterpiece or an utter mess (albeit an iconic and interesting one!) 

She was kind of like this during the Ultraviolence era. (The Barrie and I are the only real artists left vibe). So I hope it's a good sign.

I oddly liked the interview and I like its frankness. I don't find her so haughty, so many others do much worse and are musical crap. Lana has been modest for quite a long time, so yes I love it when she's simple and down to earth but let's be honest: she's really, really superior to all those artists we hear too much and I love the fact that she shows this that she is, even if that irritates a little. She is aware of her music and does it with an incredible quality-passion that we rarely find. She can take that ego and I don't blame her. After all, she owes us nothing. Let's appreciate the artist and what he has to offer while he's still alive and cut out the rest that isn't music.

As for Jack, I hate this guy. Lana's friends are all boring and him too. Another rich boring farting in the silk at every opportunity. It's those clichés of the rich man who finds poor people's activities weird and too cool when one of these friends sets foot there. It is overpriced. Starbucks man hanging out with his disconnected Burgundy girlfriend, talking about spending a day in a popular suburb, and rushing to fill his Instagram with photos he thinks too risky to show his pals he's been through the real life. A cardboard adventurer. Lana is the same I know, but I don't feel that way, at least before. If it rubs off on this guy, it's disappointing. I'm really disappointed that Lana decides to sit with him, her productions are really bland, weak, pretentious and don't bring out anything interesting about her unlike her former producers who were cut out for her. NFR is the album that I like the least, and it didn't deserve the praise because everything is boring in my opinion.

Like someone said, either CCOTC is a good record (it won't be great with Jack going to put down his two-chord acoustic piano shit anyway) or it's a real shit. And given the place and who she's heading musically, I feel like it's going to sound like something pompous and overpriced. I hope I am wrong. Obviously as it is less pop and less dark, the critical magazines - which are pure trash cans full - will throw themselves on it to rate this shit 9/10 while they have not stopped pushing BTD (Paradise) deeply and UV which are very very good. No, I still haven't forgiven.

I go to bed.

10 minutes ago, Enchanted Mansion said:

As for Jack, I hate this guy. Lana's friends are all boring and him too. Another rich boring farting in the silk at every opportunity. It's those clichés of the rich man who finds poor people's activities weird and too cool when one of these friends sets foot there. It is overpriced. Starbucks man hanging out with his disconnected Burgundy girlfriend, talking about spending a day in a popular suburb, and rushing to fill his Instagram with photos he thinks too risky to show his pals he's been through the real life. A cardboard adventurer. Lana is the same I know, but I don't feel that way, at least before. If it rubs off on this guy, it's disappointing. I'm really disappointed that Lana decides to sit with him, her productions are really bland, weak, pretentious and don't bring out anything interesting about her unlike her former producers who were cut out for her. NFR is the album that I like the least, and it didn't deserve the praise because everything is boring in my opinion.

Like someone said, either CCOTC is a good record (it won't be great with Jack going to put down his two-chord acoustic piano shit anyway) or it's a real shit. And given the place and who she's heading musically, I feel like it's going to sound like something pompous and overpriced. I hope I am wrong. Obviously as it is less pop and less dark, the critical magazines - which are pure trash cans full - will throw themselves on it to rate this shit 9/10 while they have not stopped pushing BTD (Paradise) deeply and UV which are very very good. No, I still haven't forgiven.

I go to bed.

Are you going to cry? 

1 minute ago, Jared said:

Are you going to cry? 

It really sounds like it. 2030 arrives and these twinks will still be saying "HOPE IT SERVES ULTRAVIOLENCE VIBES!" 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.