Elle

In Bed (and in the Tub) with Lana Del Rey - Interview Magazine [VIDEO]

25 minutes ago, bel air rose said:

rrDr8Gj.jpganyone else notice she said this in the interview magazine video as well? :wub:

i like this. it touches on intent, and the degree of the naturalness of things. like, more on design and culminations of them. I'd wanna get high and talk all philo existential w her how amazing would that be.

UV/Honeymoon

4 minutes ago, Malibu princess said:

Alright so I need answers: 

In this interview WHY DOES LANA SAY “it’s not like I’ve been in a facility for 90 days already” sarcastically to the question of is she crazy???? Has she ever been to a mental health facility? 

i love you, but you don't understand me.

7 minutes ago, Malibu princess said:

Alright so I need answers: 

In this interview WHY DOES LANA SAY “it’s not like I’ve been in a facility for 90 days already” sarcastically to the question of is she crazy???? Has she ever been to a mental health facility? 

I thought she was playing a character??? is she not? i didn't think she was talking seriously but at the same time, she also wrote patten leather do over she says "that's why i'm here at this facility by the ocean" and she says "fallen asleep by Gabapentin" which is used to help seizures and overactive brains (people who are bipolar or schizophrenic)

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

23 minutes ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

I thought she was playing a character??? is she not? i didn't think she was talking seriously but at the same time, she also wrote patten leather do over she says "that's why i'm here at this facility by the ocean" and she says "fallen asleep by Gabapentin" which is used to help seizures and overactive brains (people who are bipolar or schizophrenic)

I hate when people say this shit. I don’t know how many times she has to tell us her songs and self are authentic and about herself and her life. I mean I don’t think she named her entire second poetry book “insights from the institution” to “play a character” 

30 minutes ago, new gods said:

I’m fuckingdead 

53 minutes ago, Malibu princess said:

I hate when people say this shit. I don’t know how many times she has to tell us her songs and self are authentic and about herself and her life. I mean I don’t think she named her entire second poetry book “insights from the institution” to “play a character” 

Do you really think she fucked her teachers, was a gogo dancer who cooked cocaine in the kitchen while her daddy ran around with guns in Miami while he tells her that her pussy tastes like Pepsi??? And she's ended up in Rikers Island once already? 

If you're gonna use the "i believe every word she says in every piece of work she does" card, maybe you should listen to when she says "I like to make up stories about my very cherry bomb"

Point is-- she's a story teller. Not everything she ever writes is going to be true 100%. There may be some truth in it, but being an artist means you get to have fun with what you write and do. She's said this actually a few times. Things like this could've been another meaning to them, considering we don't know much about her mom, this could've been her playing as her mom. Who knows. We know they have a shitty past. 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 hour ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

Do you really think she fucked her teachers, was a gogo dancer who cooked cocaine in the kitchen while her daddy ran around with guns in Miami while he tells her that her pussy tastes like Pepsi??? And she's ended up in Rikers Island once already? 

If you're gonna use the "i believe every word she says in every piece of work she does" card, maybe you should listen to when she says "I like to make up stories about my very cherry bomb"

Yes, you act like it’s not likely these things happened. She said Barrie james actually did tell her American girls act like their pussies  taste like cola and that’s where the lyric came from. And it’s hard to believe she dated drug dealers with guns?? LOL guessing you have/had a boring middle class life experience if that’s shocking to you. And she likely was a stripper, considering how many times she mentions it in earlier songs and even was a stripper in her music video for Gods and Monsters. “motel singer or the silver pole, I did what I had to do”  she really was a motel/bar singer at one point so why not a stripper? And she could have fucked a teacher, or at least flirted/wanted to. I wanted to w a professor. You can’t just reject things as elaborate story telling bc they seem crazy to you personally. To some of us, it’s really not 

2 hours ago, Malibu princess said:

I hate when people say this shit. She draws from personal feelings and experiences but ... she's an artist. Obviously there is a lot of metaphors, imagery and symbolism. Apart form that, she loves archetypes and will constantly use them. And it's not like she has not borrowed from historic people like Marilyn or played role-fantasies like the trailer-park-girl, the GoGo Dancer and the rich golddgger-wife.If you really take that literally, you have a very flat understanding of art and writing

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

25 minutes ago, Electric Body said:

I hate when people say this shit. She draws from personal feelings and experiences but ... she's an artist. Obviously there is a lot of metaphors, imagery and symbolism. Apart form that, she loves archetypes and will constantly use them. And it's not like she has not borrowed from historic people like Marilyn or played role-fantasies like the trailer-park-girl, the GoGo Dancer and the rich golddgger-wife.If you really take that literally, you have a very flat understanding of art and writing

Played role fantasies?? You mean when she actually WAS a beautiful unhappy hollywood starlet with mental issues, DID live in a trailer park, was likely a stripper, and dated ultra rich men like record executives and francesco corrizini? Peoole who can’t take her life as it is and make up metaphors she hasn’t explained herself are trying to explain away their own boring lives/selves bc they find hers too fanatical and adventurous. 

1 minute ago, Malibu princess said:

Played role fantasies?? You mean when she actually WAS a beautiful unhappy hollywood starlet with mental issues, DID live in a trailer park, was likely a stripper, and dated ultra rich men like record executives and francesco corrizini? Peoole who can’t take her life as it is and make up metaphors she hasn’t explained herself are trying to explain away their own boring lives/selves bc they find hers too fanatical and adventurous. 

Let me guess - you are part of the over-delusional Twitter/Instagram-stan brigade :toofunny:

Instead of putting her on a pedestal you could just acknowledge her artistic capabiities as a writer and creator.

3 minutes ago, Electric Body said:

Let me guess - you are part of the over-delusional Twitter/Instagram-stan brigade :toofunny:

Instead of putting her on a pedestal you could just acknowledge her artistic capabiities as a writer and creator.

How is any of that a pedestal? It’s her actual life ??????I don’t use social media and hate that word Stan, for anybody. Go ahead and name one thing I stated that was incorrect. You can’t so stop saying her music is metaphors. 

14 minutes ago, Malibu princess said:

How is any of that a pedestal? It’s her actual life ??????

You acutally believing anythign she writes/sings is a direct representation of her life - which is accidently a represantation of multiple archetypes, ideas and role fantasies is a pedestal. Apart form that you completely deny her any form of actual agency in her artistry.

She literally roleplayed Jacky Kennedy, Marilyn Monroe, a bike-riding prostitue, Mary, Eve and Malena.
She obviously got inspired by Priscilly Presley and the Lolita-movie-adaptations.The West Coast mv is a reference to an old Chet Baker documentary.
She's in love with romanticised concepts like Old Hollywood and the American Dream. All of her home-made movies are full of that kind of inspirations and fantasies.
And all of her poetry-work is extremely focussed on vintage-typewriter visuals and Sylvia Plath.

She's an artist, so obviously she DECIDED to do all of this, because she likes the respective visuals/sounds/vibes and thinks they reflect her own feelings or serve as a good metaphor for her own experiences.

1 minute ago, Electric Body said:

You acutally believing anythign she writes/sings is a direct representation of her life - which is accidently a represantation of multiple archetypes, ideas and role fantasies is a pedestal. Apart form that you completely deny her any form of actual agency in her artistry.

She literally roleplayed Jacky Kennedy, Marilyn Monroe, a bike-riding prostitue, Mary, Eve and Malena.
She obviously got inspired by Priscilly Presley and the Lolita-movie-adaptations.The West Coast mv is a reference to an old Chet Baker documentary.
She's in love with romanticised concepts like Old Hollywood and the American Dream. All of her home-made movies are full with that kind of inspirations and fantasies.
And all of her poetry-work is extremely focussed on vintage-typewriter visuals and Sylvia Plath.

She's an artist, so obviously she DECIDED to do all of this, because she likes the respective visuals/sounds/vibes and thinks they reflect her own feelings or serve as a good metaphor for her own experiences.

Using history/visuals/cinema/art/poetry she is inspired by does not contradict that she is writing the autobiography of her life in her songs. If she herself states this repeatedly, who are you to argue otherwise? You can’t make up her life for her to fit your boring standards. 
She cites a sparse, Cat Power-ish tune called “Disco” and “Trash Magic”. “I felt I was really capturing my life in song form, and it was such a pleasure.”’
Disco is about being a stripper. 

8 minutes ago, Malibu princess said:

Using history/visuals/cinema/art/poetry she is inspired by does not contradict that she is writing the autobiography of her life in her songs. If she herself states this repeatedly, who are you to argue otherwise? You can’t make up her life for her to fit your boring standards.

No, it does not. But that also means not everything she says/does is to be taken literally. It's obvious she's using metaphors and imagery and is not the personification of multiple archetypes, narratives, ideals and the glamour of multiple historical eras. Plus it's not as if it a fictional narrative would be worth less than an autobiographic one.

The only boring thing here is your personal attacks btw. Maybe it's you who is projecting and not me :hooker:

48 minutes ago, Malibu princess said:

omg someone needs to call the cops if Lana really did kill her sugar daddy from kinda outta luck 

Just coming here to say this really is one of my favorites! Wish we could have gotten some more from this.  The ending just yes, “they say that madness swings to genius. Mel? Doesn’t it… oh yeah, without the highs can’t have the lows.”