Elle

In Bed (and in the Tub) with Lana Del Rey - Interview Magazine [VIDEO]

Just now, veinsineon said:

She wrote Boarding School about it, she referenced getting sent away in This Is What Makes Us Girls, I can’t recall if there’s a specific citation where she confirms it. But it happened.

@urgirl she got sent to boarding school when she was 14 to deal with her drinking, but it only seemed to get worse there and she was drinking and doing drugs until she got clean somewhere in her early twenties. she went to rehab at some point in her pre-BTD days to get sober of alcohol..not other drugs tho :hoe:

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

i love this so much, something about it made me feel a little somber, but she's just so real and open, yet so disjointed in the perfect way. she looked absolutely gorgeous, when she put the soapy loofah over her cat's face it made me a little anxious. lol. 

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

2 minutes ago, themoonstop said:

we already sort of knew this but lana is in FULL lana drag for this era. highlighted here is the more theatrical archetype of lana as full poet-diva: criticizing discussions of her mental health and performing "crazy" at the same time. lol/i love.

her kanye era yasss

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

1 minute ago, veinsineon said:

She wrote Boarding School about it, she referenced getting sent away in This Is What Makes Us Girls, I can’t recall if there’s a specific citation where she confirms it. But it happened.

but Boarding school + TIWMUG is about her getting sent to boarding school right lol..? not a mental health facility

16 minutes ago, urgirl said:

I remember her missdaytona tweet that was like "nothing, absolutely nothing happened in God's world by mistake". im so happy she still believes it

this kind of rhetoric really bums me out and is so corny. i know what's she means but also this is not such a rosy idea for people who experience extreme traumas (some things do just happen by shitty, shitty chance and also state/institutional violence).

aOaIzH2.gif

15 minutes ago, Mer Boy said:

I’m so confused bc in “Never to Heaven” she seemed to denounce religion and the idea of God...actually a lot of her work seems chaotically agnostic, but her interviews are opposite? 

Lana is a christian... at least from us seeing her attend mass... & saying on instagram in 2018 that she wanted to have a relationship with god.

Ok I didn't see it until now, I thought it was going to be just a boring bts but WOW I really like this. She's stunning (as always) and she is so funny. I don't know if she's being ironic or not in some parts but I love her either way :smile2:

This feels like a really good mix between old and glamorous Lana and casual Lana (when she is writing) I hope the album has this feel to it too

giphy.gif

Describe yourself in three words.

2008: Confused, floral, and.. ah.. odd?

2020: Normal, playful, and.. ah.. curious!

:xcry:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I was literally in the middle of writing poetry when I saw this video and it made me so happy because the way this is visually presented reminded me of the kind of life i've always wanted to live and the person i wanna be. i know its supposed to be sort of absurd and be a display of insanity but i really feel like it perfectly conveyed the sort of isolation that is a result of just being so dedicated to your work :crying5:

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

32 minutes ago, urgirl said:

I remember her missdaytona tweet that was like "nothing, absolutely nothing happened in God's world by mistake". im so happy she still believes it

My favourite LDR quote still to this day is something similar she said - “I believe nothing happens by mistake. You know, the universe has a divine plan.” It actually used to be my original LanaBoards signature for many years. (and it’s still in my neopets bio.)

When she said the similar quote in the video, it struck me immediately. I live by that quote and always keep it in mind, especially when things don’t happen the way I hoped they would. I try to remember that even if things don’t make sense at the moment, they will one day. There’s no such thing as a mistake, just unexpected turns on a path that may lead you to something even greater x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS