Elle

In Bed (and in the Tub) with Lana Del Rey - Interview Magazine [VIDEO]

12 minutes ago, themoonstop said:

this kind of rhetoric really bums me out and is so corny. i know what's she means but also this is not such a rosy idea for people who experience extreme traumas (some things do just happen by shitty, shitty chance and also state/institutional violence).

I understand that you'd feel like that, but for me personally "nothing happens for mistake" actually is a rosy idea for me who has experienced extreme traumas, because I believe God has a plan for me and my pain is not for nothing 

5 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Ok I didn't see it until now, I thought it was going to be just a boring bts but WOW I really like this. She's stunning (as always) and she is so funny. I don't know if she's being ironic or not in some parts but I love her either way :smile2:

This feels like a really good mix between old and glamorous Lana and casual Lana (when she is writing) I hope the album has this feel to it too

yeah i'm so curious about how all this will tie into the sound of the album– being that all the aesthetic/interview stuff is the only indicator we have so far for the sound apart from a like, 10 second snippet.

aOaIzH2.gif

20 minutes ago, ArtDecoDelRey said:

the video gives off the strangest energy...

Had the vibe of like an old interview from the 60s or 70s, made me think of a Janis Joplin interview but also felt like one of those weird reality TV celebrity shows like Anna Nicole Smith and then on top you couldn't tell if it was normal behaviour in the moment and really part of the interview or if it was like performance art and acted out to deliberatley come across a certain way just for this video as a preview to the album.

I genuinely think Lana has made it her mission to fuck with the critics and haters at this point. If there are actual mental health issues involved here then I apologise but even if there were, she has still been able to work through them and come up with this brilliant mockery I mean the critics will have no  ground to stand on, whatever they say now will literally turn against them because Lana herself made fun of it, this is a work of genius people are NOT ready for this conversation

3 minutes ago, urgirl said:

I understand that you'd feel like that, but for me personally "nothing happens for mistake" actually is a rosy idea for me who has experienced extreme traumas, because I believe God has a plan for me and my pain is not for nothing 

i'm sorry if that felt personal! it was not meant to. i feel differently but both (and other) views are obviously valid and no one's pain is for nothing. my comment re: lana and this quote is contextualized by the performance of lana del rey as a pop star.

aOaIzH2.gif

26 minutes ago, themoonstop said:

this kind of rhetoric really bums me out and is so corny. i know what's she means but also this is not such a rosy idea for people who experience extreme traumas (some things do just happen by shitty, shitty chance and also state/institutional violence).

same, i absolutely hate this statement (just like "every human gets what they deserve"), like try saying that to some starving people in a war ridden country like syria

its pretty naive and ignorant imo :toofunny:

image.png

i really enjoyed that video, it made me feel strange and it put an ache in my heart for some reason, but it also deeply inspired me. it made me want to explore my creativity and my eccentricity, to embrace it, to express it, but i'm not quite there yet in terms of confidence... but i really liked this. 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

1 minute ago, past the bushes said:

Holy shit I left my phone and this happensss, that video is so chaotic (as this whole pre-release) and I'm living for it :icant:

Also I missed her voice, seeing her was strange, holy shit can she please release :wowcry:

i feel like full elizabeth taylor-style glamorous chaos is the flavor of the era

aOaIzH2.gif

So fucking fabulous. What a supreme goddess she is! I love what she said about not being scared anymore. I'm so pumped to see how that manifests on this album.

What did she mean about the 90 days in a facility thing? It made me think of "Behind the Iron Gates." Hmmm....

let me be who i'm meant to be

1 minute ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

i am SWOONING over lana and her kittens. i'm a cat girlie  myself. i chose the right woman to stan.:flutter:

same I will never get over the scene with her kittens :defeated:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

In one of her poems she mentions that she falls asleep to Gabapentin right? Which is now a popular medication used for opioid/heroin withdrawals. Among other things like anxiety and depression.

its not supposed to be used for opioid and heroin withdrawals, but it does work.