Elle

In Bed (and in the Tub) with Lana Del Rey - Interview Magazine [VIDEO]

what is that music? I love it so much! Went back to Violet and checked, but it's not on there. Shazam doesn't return anything as well :creep:

We might either get is as an interlude or it will be on the next poetry book for Television Devision?... ahhhh so cute! Can't wait. Great way to set the tone of the album. If we don't get an album trailer and this fits with the album theme, I would say this is the album trailer then. :mj2:

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

I was expecting some snippets or some generic behind the scenes footage, but I was not disappointed at all. :)

I was also pleasantly surprised by Charlie's film; I think he did a great job here. This just makes me even more curious and excited for COCC. 

14 minutes ago, Foxglove said:

i am very disappointed how she is treating her cats...

It sucks how i can't have this conversation without fear of being called a straight-up hater but I definitely have a problem with it too.

If someone in my life was putting bubbles on their cats in the bath I would call them out and ask them not to do that again. I know you can get cat-safe soap but this probably isn't and cats just really don't like or need baths. 

im usually hyped about everything she does, im hyped about cocc, and sorry to rain on y’all’s parade but this bts video did absolutely nothing for me :awkney: it could’ve been a great album trailer w some song snippets but nope

RVhKIwP.gif

of course this gets released the one hour i’m busy at work. this is top tier crazy but very interesting. i do believe she’s 100% being satirical

the look on her eyes when she says “crazy!? me!? no” is absolutely bonkers LMAO 

she’s definitely playing up a character! right after she says “it’s not like i’ve been in a facility for 90 days already. not MY story” Did nobody catch that? 

1 hour ago, sjatib said:

When I discovered Lana some years ago I used to cringe a lot about the lack of analytical perspective she always displayed, yet I couldnt help to deeply love and relate to the way she communicated, no matter the point from where she was doing it. Now, some years after listening to her chronically and getting to know her a bit broader, I've come to the conclusion that she has the intelectual/analytical tools that she has and chooses -not the ones me or many of us find the most accurate, for sure- and does what she can with them to face the conflicts and wonders her life brings to her, just as we do too. I've learnt not to expect from her to be an informed social commentator, but a weird, mostly uninformed yet brilliant and intuitive artist who always has the  way to talk beautifully about the things she perceives, and sometimes gets some things right on a more objective way too. The lesson for me is not to expect her to be precise, but to be heartfelt in the most touching ways, and that's more than enough. There's always other people to look after for a more foot-on-earth approach to reality.

Wow you summed up my feelings about Lana really well tbh.

When she said she decided to release Violet because she was proud of how honest it was, I kind of took it as like 'eh another hippy dippy thing Lana would say' but after reading it and really sitting with it for a while, it makes perfect sense and has helped color the way I see her. 

More OT: This is actually just like perfectly comedic. Her reading off 'Happy' at the super loud typewriter with her nails, checking her phone, her makeup being so done but being in a bathrobe, the LDR monographed on it like she knows she's rich, the questionaire formatted like a question for an influential thinker or maybe a beauty pageant contestant, the camera angles in the bathtub... It's literally so camp. I love it.