Elle

In Bed (and in the Tub) with Lana Del Rey - Interview Magazine [VIDEO]

1 hour ago, Clampigirl said:

I think we should be careful of calling her a crazy cat lady or deranged, what if this is who she is? :um3:

I’ll still love her if that’s who she is bc I don’t think it’s a bad thing and she’s changed my life regardless. :) 

7 hours ago, #glimmeringdarling said:

You completely missed the point of the whole video ... lmao it’s satirical old Hollywood glamour ... Elizabeth has revived Lana Del Reys world known aesthetic in the form of an old documentary .. while portraying the woman blatantly that critics have deemed her to be her whole career. It’s genius really... haven’t been this excited for an era in a while. But y’know don’t let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya ... lol

no i got the point of the video i  don’t find it interesting or pulled off in a good way lmao so...

but it’s v interesting how 95% of the forum jumped on a certain other user constantly for over a month exclaiming that they were unable to take criticism about lana and felt she was a god who could do no wrong and yet when i say i don’t like a video and the lack of info about an upcoming release i have 20+ ppl against me :lolliney:

RVhKIwP.gif

39 minutes ago, gatadelrey said:

I’ll still love her if that’s who she is bc I don’t think it’s a bad thing and she’s changed my life regardless. :) 

Oh I know. :heart: I was just thinking if Lana truly does lurk here sometimes, it might sound different I her ears. I know I wouldn’t like to be called negative things by strangers online.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

7 hours ago, pawn shop blues said:

This has such a strong Lizzy Grant vibe to it. But like a Lizzy Grant who is now Lana who is now rich and who is now going insane, or maybe just joking, or just in love with life, or possibly a little bit of everything, and who cares since life is a dream? That's the vibe I'm getting. 

"Alright, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up."

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

Been an LB lerker from Reddit but after the video was posted yesterday I had so many thoughts I needed to share!

I think the Grey Gardens vibes is an aesthetic preview! I think the video was intended to be a kitschy/satirical play on that documentary (as opposed to some people saying it seemed weird/sad). Grey Gardens is about two lost cousins of Jackie Kennedy living in poverty (literally hidden in a decaying house surrounded by rich folk of the Hamptons)! She even calls Jack “Little Edie,” a person from the documentary, in one of her captions. I think it could possibly be a hint of the COTCC aesthetic, like focusing on the run-down area or decay around a nice country club (i.e. those who are only able to see the chemtrails over it and will never be invited inside). Which is maybe why she’s referencing Midwestern states like Arkansas in her sound and vibe and saying the record feels very Midwestern. It would be a throwback to her trailer park and “Queen of the Gas Station” kitschy glamor vibes !!!!! WE ARE  *L I V I N G* ~

Also, singing about the people who will never be in the country club but can see the chemtrails over it kind of parallels what she‘s been saying about dying an underdog (cough cough fruitless Grammy noms), or acting the same way as other artists but not being accepted in the same way, etc (her question for the culture ideas)

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, yourolllikethunder said:

Been an LB lerker from Reddit but after the video was posted yesterday I had so many thoughts I needed to share!

I think the Grey Gardens vibes is an aesthetic preview! I think the video was intended to be a kitschy/satirical play on that documentary (as opposed to some people saying it seemed weird/sad). Grey Gardens is about two lost cousins of Jackie Kennedy living in poverty (literally hidden in a decaying house surrounded by rich folk of the Hamptons)! She even calls Jack “Little Edie,” a person from the documentary, in one of her captions. I think it could possibly be a hint of the COTCC aesthetic, like focusing on the run-down area or decay around a nice country club (i.e. those who are only able to see the chemtrails over it and will never be invited inside). Which is maybe why she’s referencing Midwestern states like Arkansas in her sound and vibe and saying the record feels very Midwestern. It would be a throwback to her trailer park and “Queen of the Gas Station” kitschy glamor vibes !!!!! WE ARE  *L I V I N G* ~

Also, singing about the people who will never be in the country club but can see the chemtrails over it kind of parallels what she‘s been saying about dying an underdog (cough cough fruitless Grammy noms), or acting the same way as other artists but not being accepted in the same way, etc (her question for the culture ideas)

:hooker:hmmmmm interesting i'll watch that:hooker:

11 minutes ago, yourolllikethunder said:

Well spotted! On a topical note, Little Edie's outfit here with the deep cleavage bodysuit is sending me. :thumb3:

Edith+Beale.jpg

5fe355eac0b664d0bc39e10665a55b42.gif

She's a gorgeous narcissist and she knows it.

1 hour ago, Clampigirl said:

Oh I know. :heart: I was just thinking if Lana truly does lurk here sometimes, it might sound different I her ears. I know I wouldn’t like to be called negative things by strangers online.

Yes you’re right. We saw how she reacted when fans were talking about her mental health in the group chat. She sees everything and I’m sure it’s hurtful when it’s negative stuff. 

I absolutely loved this. It's something we haven't seen the likes of from her in years, I am so looking forward to Charlie being involved with this album cycle. 3:40 onwards has to be possibly my favourite clip of her ever. It feels like it is legitimately from 1989-92. The decor, her styling, her mannerisms  - it is magic.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

3 minutes ago, UltraviolenceBaby said:

charlie can understand lana way better than chuck, im here for him.

Exactly, I couldn't agree more. Final garden >>>> your girl Chunk

5fe355eac0b664d0bc39e10665a55b42.gif

She's a gorgeous narcissist and she knows it.