Elle

In Bed (and in the Tub) with Lana Del Rey - Interview Magazine [VIDEO]

Gorgeous video, love the aesthetic, love the hair. Oh, to have her life and be her

Also, the diary part 'I have so many diaries, if they were ever found, all of my boyfriends would absolutely be in prison.'  hmmm

2 minutes ago, Roll With me said:

To me it felt more like a joke than actually a fact. Also that made me think of Sylvia Plath, since that's what happens to Esther (the main character of The Bell Jar)

Especially with her references to Sylvia in NFR and Patent Leather Do-Over, I think the facility may be autobiographical to her, but is definitely a motif based on The Bell Jar! 

4 minutes ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

this is exactly what i was thinking, she’s really playing a part this cycle holy shit. i wonder if the record will have any of this as a caricature 

I swear this was WILD - Even the choice of the poem and what she says and how: "You thought I was rich and I AM." .......... "but not how you think....FUCK, THINK! I live in a Tudor House in Mar Vista by the sea!" LOL I'M howling 

There are so many parts where you can tell she bursts out laughing at the questions, Jesus we are witnessing genius I'm telling y'all, all these critics WILL TAKE THE BAIT LOL THE HAVOC THIS IS GOING TO BRING ABOUT I CAN'T EVEN 

6 minutes ago, Mer Boy said:

I’m so confused bc in “Never to Heaven” she seemed to denounce religion and the idea of God...actually a lot of her work seems chaotically agnostic, but her interviews are opposite? 

hmmm I disagree, imo she's always believed in the Christian God although she's had "heretical" lyrics. I don't see never to heaven as denouncing God, I see it as a realization that she will never know what God knows, she will never have all the answers to the major questions of life, at least not while she's on this Earth, so she's not going to try to answer them

1 minute ago, ArtDecoDelRey said:

the video gives off the strangest energy...

It’s like the alternate dimension Del Rey who has been open and exuberantly outgoing her whole career... and confident... and intellectually pulling the strings :hdu:

6 minutes ago, TheSwaggerAndTheLips said:

when she was like 19 i believe, but more recently she seems to have checked herself into a mental health facility. prob in the last year or two. 

when she was 19? Ive never heard about that do u know the source?

Just now, urgirl said:

when she was 19? Ive never heard about that do u know the source?

She wrote Boarding School about it, she referenced getting sent away in This Is What Makes Us Girls, I can’t recall if there’s a specific citation where she confirms it. But it happened.

we already sort of knew this but lana is in FULL lana drag for this era. highlighted here is the more theatrical archetype of lana as full poet-diva: criticizing discussions of her mental health and performing "crazy" at the same time. lol/i love.

aOaIzH2.gif