Elle

In Bed (and in the Tub) with Lana Del Rey - Interview Magazine [VIDEO]

18 minutes ago, themoonstop said:

this kind of rhetoric really bums me out and is so corny. i know what's she means but also this is not such a rosy idea for people who experience extreme traumas (some things do just happen by shitty, shitty chance and also state/institutional violence).

When I discovered Lana some years ago I used to cringe a lot about the lack of analytical perspective she always displayed, yet I couldnt help to deeply love and relate to the way she communicated, no matter the point from where she was doing it. Now, some years after listening to her chronically and getting to know her a bit broader, I've come to the conclusion that she has the intelectual/analytical tools that she has and chooses -not the ones me or many of us find the most accurate, for sure- and does what she can with them to face the conflicts and wonders her life brings to her, just as we do too. I've learnt not to expect from her to be an informed social commentator, but a weird, mostly uninformed yet brilliant and intuitive artist who always has the  way to talk beautifully about the things she perceives, and sometimes gets some things right on a more objective way too. The lesson for me is not to expect her to be precise, but to be heartfelt in the most touching ways, and that's more than enough. There's always other people to look after for a more foot-on-earth approach to reality.

46 minutes ago, urgirl said:

I understand that you'd feel like that, but for me personally "nothing happens for mistake" actually is a rosy idea for me who has experienced extreme traumas, because I believe God has a plan for me and my pain is not for nothing 

Exactly. I hate that people are trying to turn this into a negative thing.

“In some ways suffering ceases to be suffering at the moment it finds a meaning." --Victor Frankl, Auschwitz survivor and author of Man's Search for Meaning. I encourage everyone to give it a read.

let me be who i'm meant to be

17 minutes ago, urgirl said:

I understand that you'd feel like that, but for me personally "nothing happens for mistake" actually is a rosy idea for me who has experienced extreme traumas, because I believe God has a plan for me and my pain is not for nothing 

Same. I mean, I like the idea, and I do find sense in many negative events in my life, I do connect the dots, but other things... unfair and won't take me to great stuff. 

Anyway, like Rorman said, many things to unpack. This is so interesting! Love the kinda 90s? VHS type filming. It adds darkness.

46 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

i love this so much, something about it made me feel a little somber, but she's just so real and open, yet so disjointed in the perfect way. she looked absolutely gorgeous, when she put the soapy loofah over her cat's face it made me a little anxious. lol. 

It made me feel anxious for the cats. I hope they got nothing in their eyes. 

"you thought i was rich and i am" what a great intro tbh! spitting on the face of everyone who tried to downplay her at the beggining... that would be a great intro for the album tbh :hair:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

23 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

I ... have no words

There is so much to unpack there

After watching a couple more times I feel like it was all put together deliberately to give off the vibe it gives off. I didn't get it at first as I expected a normal behind the scenes of the interview type video, which it kind of is but I think it's a separate thing done on purpose. The video seems like a planned acting of  like a kind of weird aloof rich person/celebrity and probably has something to do with the new album.

I never thought much about it before but "Chemtrails Over the Country Club" does give the same feeling as this video, when I read that I imagine some rich conspiracy theorist who has went a little crazy.

*In bath wearing clothes with cats*

"Im never nervous" said in stuttering and repeated way depicting that she is

"Crazy? Me... I would definitely describe myself as normal" Standing in front of screen playing obvious mental patient and doctor

"It's not like I haven't been in a facility for 90 days already, not my story.... can you still see the Diamonds?"

"They say madness swings to genius"

Makes sense to me that her and her brother and sister planned to do it like this as some forshadowing of the style of the album.

1 hour ago, Tomboboy2#0 said:

I swear this was WILD - Even the choice of the poem and what she says and how: "You thought I was rich and I AM." .......... "but not how you think....FUCK, THINK! I live in a Tudor House in Mar Vista by the sea!" LOL I'M howling 

There are so many parts where you can tell she bursts out laughing at the questions, Jesus we are witnessing genius I'm telling y'all, all these critics WILL TAKE THE BAIT LOL THE HAVOC THIS IS GOING TO BRING ABOUT I CAN'T EVEN 

I SWEAR THE CRITICS WILL TAKE THE BAIT AND SHE’LL BE IN HER BATHTUB AT HOME ON HER BROKEN SHITTY IPHONE 6 CACKLING HAHAHAHA

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

9 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

Did she just say neeko as in neko? Japanese for cat? 

Omg this is the strangest thing ever. She should actually make a youtube channel for videos like this. It would bring back a lot of her creativity. 

I thought she said Nikki, but I hope she said Neko omg