Sign in to follow this  
Mer

Trump announces Supreme Court nominee

TW: abortion, evangelicals, politics 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/25/us/politics/amy-coney-barrett-supreme-court.html

Amy Coney Barrett is a 7th Circuit Judge. She has publicly said all forms of abortion are “immoral”, has said she would vote to end the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare), and would undo gay marriage rights at a federal level. 

Further reading for anyone interested 

Trump’s selection and the runner-up: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-navigating-competing-demands-evangelicals-over-supreme-court-pick-n1240997

Her impact in the SC:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-amy-coney-barrett-could-change-the-supreme-court/

Her judicial record on abortion:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/amy-coney-barrett-abortion-record-trump-supreme-court/

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

12 minutes ago, Mer Boy said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/25/us/politics/amy-coney-barrett-supreme-court.html

Amy Coney Barrett is a 7th Circuit Judge. She has publicly said all forms of abortion are “immoral”, has said she would vote to end the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare), and would undo gay marriage rights at a federal level. 

she's catholic, whats with the tw evangelicals ?????

not that anyone should be jokingly putting tw in front of any form of religious belief, but she's not even evangelical. 

7 minutes ago, urgirl said:

she's catholic, whats with the tw evangelicals ?????

not that anyone should be jokingly putting tw in front of any form of religious belief, but she's not even evangelical. 

She was the favorite among Evangelicals, and her nomination is an appeal to them by Trump. 

I put the trigger warning bc the evangelical group has caused harm to many, including religious minorities and LGBT+ communities. 

1 minute ago, Mer Boy said:

She was the favorite among Evangelicals, and her nomination is an appeal to them by Trump. 

I put the trigger warning bc the evangelical group has caused harm to many, including religious minorities and LGBT+ communities. 

its your prerogative what u post and i'm not trying to argue but i'm a little skeptical that you'd put tw in front of any other religious group that has caused harm to LGBT communities especially any non christian religious group. for instance you didn't put tw catholic even though catholicism is mentioned specifically and evangelicalism is not mentioned at all in the article you linked. 

6 minutes ago, urgirl said:

its your prerogative what u post and i'm not trying to argue but i'm a little skeptical that you'd put tw in front of any other religious group that has caused harm to LGBT communities especially any non christian religious group. for instance you didn't put tw catholic even though catholicism is mentioned specifically and evangelicalism is not mentioned at all in the article you linked. 

why would they mention non christian religious groups when she's a christian lol 

sgopYhV.gif

1 minute ago, urgirl said:

I will put a trigger warning in front of any group (religious or not) that is an extremist group, and lacks moderate members. Catholics aren’t an extremist group, but evangelicals are. I was raised catholic by my mother and there is a clear divide between what her church believes and what evangelicals believe—and it’s an ugly divide that Trump has managed to harbour to his side. By picking an anti-abortion, anti-gay rights candidate, Trump is working mainly to win their votes and their extreme views (only 3/10 Americans think Roe v. Wade should be overturned, while 100% of evangelicals do). No other group mentioned in relation to Barret or Trump is as extreme or as harmful as evangelicals. 

anyways, I wasn’t trying to goad anyone or make a joke. I understand this election cycle as been brutal, and many are likely tired of hearing how half the country wants to strip away their rights, bc their extreme beliefs say so. That was my intention behind the TW. 

49 minutes ago, Mer Boy said:

thanks for putting the trigger warning mer boy, as i'm someone who has trauma growing up in a strict/very religious/lgbtphobic home :)

that being said,

Spoiler

fuck

1 hour ago, Mer Boy said:

?manifesting her and trump die?

The only thing that she said that’s good is ending Obamacare which was fucked. I’m sure it helped some, but for people like me, it made healthcare unaffordable when I made $10/hour & because I didn’t get it, I was then charged at tax time. Once I did get the exemption but then as soon as I made a little more it was still unaffordable bc i’d be paying 1 entire paycheck per month for it.... which is ridiculous. That’s already over with so idk why it’s relevant 

Do away with the insurance system as a whole. Fuck that. Just lower healthcare prices out of pocket as a whole and be reasonable. For those of you outside of the US, my local hospital pays less than $0.10 per IV fluid bags, but they charge $100 a pop. Fucking needs to stop. This is how “cApItAlIsM” only works to fuck the people, low to mid income. 

Sorry rant about that over with. 

Abortion... i really don’t have a whole lot to say about it, because i’m not a woman. Let people live, if they want an abortion let them get one. Don’t gatekeep, we’ve already seen what happens when you ban something, look at the war on drugs. The person still gets what they want, except illegally, more dangerous, and can be life threatening. It’s far more dangerous to ban abortions. Either way, I’d vote for letting abortions be done legally bc i think it’s the right thing to do. I’ll never understand republicans’ want to control someone else’s body. It’s absolutely beyond me...

As for gay marriage.... she sounds like a dumbass Karen there. Fuck her. 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

In a 2006 speech to Notre Dame graduates, she spoke of the law as a higher calling. “If you can keep in mind that your fundamental purpose in life is not to be a lawyer, but to know, love and serve God, you truly will be a different kind of lawyer,” she said.

This worries me big time, might seem like the harmless quote in the article but faith and what one does for a living should always go separate and encouraging the opposite really harms and clouds the way law and justice must work.

Capture.jpg

1 minute ago, past the bushes said:

In a 2006 speech to Notre Dame graduates, she spoke of the law as a higher calling. “If you can keep in mind that your fundamental purpose in life is not to be a lawyer, but to know, love and serve God, you truly will be a different kind of lawyer,” she said.

This worries me big time, might seem like the harmless quote in the article but faith and what one does for a living should always go separate and encouraging the opposite really harms and clouds the way law and justice must work.

Additionally, I worry because with the nomination of these judges—and the fact that this generation (and the future) is moving further away from religion—we’re gonna end-up with a Supreme Court that does not represent the beliefs and needs of the people; and that sounds like the beginning of a fall into anarchy. 

this is so very scary as a woman. 

i never ever want kids so i rely on planned parenthood to take care of that if a mistake arises. 

this makes me sick and so afraid of our future. why are we stepping back instead of stepping forward? :( 

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

Important to vote Trump out so Biden and the dems can expand the court and fill it with liberals! 

16 minutes ago, Mer Boy said:

Additionally, I worry because with the nomination of these judges—and the fact that this generation (and the future) is moving further away from religion—we’re gonna end-up with a Supreme Court that does not represent the beliefs and needs of the people; and that sounds like the beginning of a fall into anarchy. 

A fall into civil war 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance