fishtails

BBC Radio 1 to re-air Lana Del Rey's Live Lounge Performances on Monday - September 28th, 2020

Lana really should have kept Violet away from her music because not only does it diminish her credibility as a 'real' poet from being another singer spewing out a poetry book like everyone else (Florence Welch, Halsey etc), there's also lots of confusion between Violet and COCC in the professional world which is messy af

Violet should have been released under her birth name Elizabeth Grant and sold starting at the bottom of the barrel like every other poet without a music fanbase

Not sure why this whole Violet situation is bugging me, perhaps because it has gotten in the way of COCC but it's tiring wondering if sources are talking about one album or the other

ANYways

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

11 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

If she had only released Violet back in January... we would still have nothing, but there wouldn't be much confussion :toofloppy:

I feel like if she had released Violet back in January, we probably would have gotten COCC over the summer (or September 5th) because Lana and her team wouldn't be trying to deal with two projects at once like they are now

29 minutes ago, UltraviolenceBaby said:

sis you’re the only one who doesn’t care/ doesn’t wanna know about the book 

it’s one of the best selling on amazon when it’s first dropped so speak for yourself pls thank you X

i hate to break it to you hun but you're wrong X

4 minutes ago, sweetcinnamoncherry said:

I feel like if she had released Violet back in January, we probably would have gotten COCC over the summer (or September 5th) because Lana and her team wouldn't be trying to deal with two projects at once like they are now

I completely agree!! 

Since September was their goal and they didn’t hit it, the album is just being pushed back a little 

"Don’t forget me"

2 hours ago, Bunny Mozart said:

Lana really should have kept Violet away from her music because not only does it diminish her credibility as a 'real' poet from being another singer spewing out a poetry book like everyone else (Florence Welch, Halsey etc), there's also lots of confusion between Violet and COCC in the professional world which is messy af

Violet should have been released under her birth name Elizabeth Grant and sold starting at the bottom of the barrel like every other poet without a music fanbase

Not sure why this whole Violet situation is bugging me, perhaps because it has gotten in the way of COCC but it's tiring wondering if sources are talking about one album or the other

ANYways

I don't know about her releasing material under her birth name. But I most definitely think that she should've released all the 'Violet' related material all at once, because right now it feels like there are two different eras/projects happening all at once. We have little to no information about one project and then some breadcrumbs about the other, it doesn't feel separate and clear like the other artists that are also releasing poetry.

It's very non-sensical and confusing from a business and artistic point of view. Such a mess. :smh:

I think it will be both. She won't read poetry, but definitely talk about it in the interview section. She will probably perform a cover of a song, or maybe even an old song, or something from the NFR! era? Followed by a Live version of one of her new songs. She did a similar thing in the NFR era when she performed HTD at the Apple music event in 2018. So it's likely that there will be a big interview section where she talks mostly about Violet, and then performs some of her old songs or a cover, and then towards the end, they will ask her some questions about the new album. They ALWAYS wait until the very end to get the real news so that everyone tunes in for the whole show.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

2 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I think it will be both. She won't read poetry, but definitely talk about it in the interview section. She will probably perform a cover of a song, or maybe even an old song, or something from the NFR! era? Followed by a Live version of one of her new songs. She did a similar thing in the NFR era when she performed HTD at the Apple music event in 2018. So it's likely that there will be a big interview section where she talks mostly about Violet, and then performs some of her old songs or a cover, and then towards the end, they will ask her some questions about the new album. They ALWAYS wait until the very end to get the real news so that everyone tunes in for the whole show.

Apparently, the Monday performances are reruns. We lost. 

2 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

it's a rerun guurl. it's over. :air:

5 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

omg terrence... honey... read a few pages back.. it’s over 

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose