IanadeIrey

IanadeIrey's artwork - LUST FOR LIFE URBAN OUTFITTERS EDITION

On 11/29/2021 at 4:01 PM, IanadeIrey said:

Inspired by the new RSD exclusive! 

Chemtrails Over the Country Club — blush pink pressing with a jacket inspired by “Women Who Run with the Wolves” 

8866-CB93-BA6-E-4-DF5-AE1-B-8-F7-DF3-E94721.jpg

if you have them could you post the two covers without text ??? thank u lovely talent

giphy.gif

On 1/16/2022 at 5:50 PM, IanadeIrey said:

ULTRAVIOLENCE

Teal LP with textless alternate cover

80-B046-E8-D5-E6-4-D8-B-967-D-970-F37600

There's a bunch I want to use, but do you have this one, clean, as just the cover, without the vinyl next to it? (with the hype sticker, of course).

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

21 minutes ago, longtimeman said:

There's a bunch I want to use, but do you have this one, clean, as just the cover, without the vinyl next to it? (with the hype sticker, of course).

Yes, I do! Here you go! 

I’ll also include the cover without the hype sticker in case you want both ;) I appreciate your liking to it!2-B16-A616-0447-4755-9-A3-C-5-A232599263

Spoiler

0705069-F-2-D9-C-4-BA1-A46-E-C560-A95900

24 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Yes, I do! Here you go! 

I’ll also include the cover without the hype sticker in case you want both ;) I appreciate your liking to it!2-B16-A616-0447-4755-9-A3-C-5-A232599263

Hide contents

0705069-F-2-D9-C-4-BA1-A46-E-C560-A95900

I love both, but as a record collector from way back, there's something about a hype sticker on a relatively bare record that still gives me chills.

Do you know the singer Jandek? I find his records pretty hard to stomach, but I love his aesthetic, and particularly his record covers. This one reminds me approach wise of his stuff. (He tends to release about ten records a year, and has done for decades, so I wouldn't even know where to recommend you might start.)

14 minutes ago, longtimeman said:

I love both, but as a record collector from way back, there's something about a hype sticker on a relatively bare record that still gives me chills.

Do you know the singer Jandek? I find his records pretty hard to stomach, but I love his aesthetic, and particularly his record covers. This one reminds me approach wise of his stuff. (He tends to release about ten records a year, and has done for decades, so I wouldn't even know where to recommend you might start.)

I totally feel you. Aside from the nostalgia, I like that a hype sticker is kind of supplemental in that way, especially for albums whose covers speaks for themselves without any text, which makes its purpose so practical and perfect — aesthetically, it’s just so clean too. 
I hadn’t heard of Jandek, but upon a quick search, I see exactly what you mean. I like how lonely his cover art feels, and I’m curious to see how that translates into the actual music. Some covers seem to be polaroid scans, so I definitely see that synergy between his art and Neil Krug’s take on Lana. 
I like starting from the beginning of an artist’s discography so maybe I’ll start there with Jandek! I’ll keep you updated on my thoughts - we’ll see if it’s also too much for me to take in lol.

10 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I totally feel you. Aside from the nostalgia, I like that a hype sticker is kind of supplemental in that way, especially for albums whose covers speaks for themselves without any text, which makes its purpose so practical and perfect — aesthetically, it’s just so clean too. 
I hadn’t heard of Jandek, but upon a quick search, I see exactly what you mean. I like how lonely his cover art feels, and I’m curious to see how that translates into the actual music. Some covers seem to be polaroid scans, so I definitely see that synergy between his art and Neil Krug’s take on Lana. 
I like starting from the beginning of an artist’s discography so maybe I’ll start there with Jandek! I’ll keep you updated on my thoughts - we’ll see if it’s also too much for me to take in lol.

If we still lived in a world where you would have to spend money on listening to the records, I'd warn you and try to describe it, but seeing as  you only have to go to Youtube and spend a couple of minutes in the his world, it's easier for you to just experience it yourself :thumb3: Having said that, your UV cover is more reminiscent of something like Emmylou Harris' woderful Luxury Liner.

Spoiler

R-1457472-1587313978-5394.jpeg.jpg

That's a record and era I think we can be pretty sure has had some influence on Lana's post-Paradise work. What made me think of Jandek was the slightly off kilter and off centre framing of Lana, and the fact that when it's cropped like that, it feels more candid than a typical studio shot for a record cover (in a good way).

Anyway sorry for hijacking your thread!

17 minutes ago, longtimeman said:

If we still lived in a world where you would have to spend money on listening to the records, I'd warn you and try to describe it, but seeing as  you only have to go to Youtube and spend a couple of minutes in the his world, it's easier for you to just experience it yourself :thumb3: Having said that, your UV cover is more reminiscent of something like Emmylou Harris' woderful Luxury Liner.

Reveal hidden contents

R-1457472-1587313978-5394.jpeg.jpg

That's a record and era I think we can be pretty sure has had some influence on Lana's post-Paradise work. What made me think of Jandek was the slightly off kilter and off centre framing of Lana, and the fact that when it's cropped like that, it feels more candid than a typical studio shot for a record cover (in a good way).

Anyway sorry for hijacking your thread!

I took a listen to the beginning of Jandek’s Ready for the House record on YouTube, and I’m not sure what I was expecting, but it definitely wasn’t that…I guess the people out there who have a more left-of-centre taste than I do are the ones who can appreciate that kind of music :eyeroll3: I can understand that there’s some sort of artistry to be found in there, though, it’s probably just beyond my capacity lol! Visually, I really like what he’s done.  

I’m glad you brought that up - I really like how classic a lot of album covers  from Emmylou Harris’s cohort feel with that particular type of portraiture. It’s striking in a very quiet way, which speaks to some of that candidness you’re talking about, which I, of course, always admire. I don’t know about you, but I really love photography that serves as a character study, whether it directly depicts a person or suggests something about a person through a deserted landscape of some sort. Both Jandek’s and Lana’s art do that brilliantly. 

And no need to apologize! I love discussions like these - in fact, I wish everyone would “hijack” my thread like that!

On 1/2/2022 at 3:44 PM, IanadeIrey said:

For Amy and for Whitney — and all my birds of paradise who never got to fly at night ‘cause they were caught up in the dance…

LUST FOR LIFE on coke bottle clear vinyl

9607-B357-2-A67-43-F6-BAD1-894-C0-B5879-DB.jpg

LANADELREY YOU WILL ALWAYS BE FAMOUS

1 minute ago, IanadeIrey said:

Wow, this looks incredible! <3 Thank you for sharing, and super happy that my edits could facilitate your amazing work :kiss:

thank you! your artwork is amazing and inspired me! and i knew i needed some type of physical copy of chemtrails with this because it was such a brilliant design you did :defeated:

giphy.gif