Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Hardcover Poetry Book - Post-Release Discussion Thread

5 minutes ago, 5Rick said:

I do't know why, but the translation is just somewhat funny. "hacer el puente" sounds like it is some sort of yoga-instruction

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

24 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:

I do't know why, but the translation is just somewhat funny. "hacer el puente" sounds like it is some sort of yoga-instruction

Yeah I get you but that’s exactly what bent backwards means, the position itself

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

8 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:

Yeah I'm aware. I just think it's a title that's hard to translate without getting goofy

For sure.

I’m a translator myself and I don’t know how would I do it tbh, if I had too much choice on that, bc we often don’t 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

On 2/26/2021 at 5:42 PM, 5Rick said:

I definitely need to add this to my collection. Does anyone have any links for other places selling this Spanish version? Maybe easier to order in the US? I'm coming up blank on the google. 

48 minutes ago, SouthInGuy said:

I definitely need to add this to my collection. Does anyone have any links for other places selling this Spanish version? Maybe easier to order in the US? I'm coming up blank on the google. 

https://www.amazon.com/Violet-puente-hierba-Música-Spanish/dp/8448028236 

You could pre-order on Amazon US not so long ago! Maybe if you wait for the official release date (end of March) it will eventually be available again :candy:

My order arrived today and I finished my first reading.

This book is so beautiful and thoughtful. You can really feel that she put her heart into it. My only complain is that I wish it was longer. I kept reading the same page over and over again to create the illusion that it had more poems. I'm looking forward to read it tomorrow with a new perspective

they are making a polish version and you can preorder it and I CHOKED SO HARD SJDJN the title is literally "Violet gets in a bridge position on the grass" and meaning Violet as a person hjghjdjhj this better be an april fools joke

https://www.empik.com/violet-robi-mostek-na-trawie-lana-del-rey,p1267289171,ksiazka-p?fromSearchQuery=violet+robi+mostek

1 hour ago, Lustformoney said:

they are making a polish version and you can preorder it and I CHOKED SO HARD SJDJN the title is literally "Violet gets in a bridge position on the grass" and meaning Violet as a person hjghjdjhj this better be an april fools joke

https://www.empik.com/violet-robi-mostek-na-trawie-lana-del-rey,p1267289171,ksiazka-p?fromSearchQuery=violet+robi+mostek

... but violet is a person. shes a child

https://genius.com/Lana-del-rey-violet-bent-backwards-over-the-grass-annotated

image.png

I can only pick this up once in a while. It makes me profoundly emotional. I see why some people think this is the best thing she has ever created. 

Very random: Violet will be translated into Swedish and out for sale September 11th 2021! “Violet böjde sig baklänges i gräset”, foreword by this music journalist I know and huge Lana fan Fredrik Strage, ISBN: 9789198696028.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

On 6/29/2021 at 4:28 PM, Clampigirl said:

Very random: Violet will be translated into Swedish and out for sale September 11th 2021! “Violet böjde sig baklänges i gräset”, foreword by this music journalist I know and huge Lana fan Fredrik Strage, ISBN: 9789198696028.

I just saw the cover! (Thanks @Amadeus!)

7828950-E-3-D8-A-4-ED5-A8-E6-2-F5-A2-ABD

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

If anyone’s curious to hear a bit of the Swedish translation of “LA who am I to love you”, you can hear it at the end of this news audio clip:

https://sverigesradio.se/artikel/sa-later-lana-del-reys-poesi-i-strages-oversattning

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Can't tell how much i am craving for the instrumental of this album :trisha:

The audiobook literally helps me a lot in dealing woth insomnia

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

This is honestly one of my favorite Lana projects ever (and I think that the audiobook has some of her best instrumentals, I love listening to it on long car rides). The hardcover is really smooth and it feels nice to hold while you're reading. And I love the pictures Lana chose to incorporate into the book. The poems themselves are nice too, I enjoy them a lot more than I was expecting to when Lana first announced the project. Quite a few of them seem pretty "stream of consciousness" based, but I think that it works well for Lana. 

imageproxy.jpg