Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Hardcover Poetry Book - Post-Release Discussion Thread

Spoiler

Okay, dumb question: I was just wondering if she put emojis in the physical book since I was scrolling through the preview on google play books and found a watermelon emoji sjhdsj my copy hasn't arrived yet so Idk

f51b8dc1-7d45-4e55-bc67-70d8cf154db6.jpg

2 minutes ago, Lavender Sunshine said:
  Hide contents

Okay, dumb question: I was just wondering if she put emojis in the physical book since I was scrolling through the preview on google play books and found a watermelon emoji sjhdsj my copy hasn't arrived yet so Idk

f51b8dc1-7d45-4e55-bc67-70d8cf154db6.jpg

Yes. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I love that some of the poems have her handwriting and scribbles around them exploring different ideas/words to use and how she's thinking about structuring it.
There's also ink blots and coffee stains on some of them lmao

7 hours ago, Mer Boy said:

same issue for me. Does anyone know if it’s on one-day delivery with Amazon Prime? Bc Chapters is taking a week and I’m not a patient person. 

@MAX DEL REY where did u order from!

I pre-ordered from Amazon and mine arrived this morning! Such a beautiful book and such high quality!

2 hours ago, Lavender Sunshine said:

oh well omg :xgiggle:

I don't think they're on the kindle version, I don't recall seeing them but I only skimmed through the poems I already knew (I've been really into this project since she was teasing it on IG so I actually pretty much memorised most of it so that I could keep it with me wherever I am) and read the new poems.

EDIT: Never mind, just saw an emoji in What Happened When I Left You lol

2 hours ago, RormanNockwell said:

Re: Thanks to the Locals

Hide contents

Imagine going to an AA meeting and Lana Del Rey shows up and cries about her boyfriend

sorry but my camera would be out so quick

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

18 minutes ago, TheSwaggerAndTheLips said:

sorry but my camera would be out so quick

You say that but I bet in reality you'd just stare and try not to act surprised or shocked lmao. She'd leave if you did that anyway.

4 minutes ago, Chemtrail said:

You say that but I bet in reality you'd just stare and try not to act surprised or shocked lmao. She'd leave if you did that anyway.

It was a joke baby 

anyways I’m gonna see if they have a copy at work later. I’ve pretty much read it all already but I’d still like to have a physical copy 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

Just received my copy via Amazon and it's fucking BEAUTIFUL ???? I am so amazed by the "work in progress" feel the poems have. Like they are a snapshot in time as she was writing them. I also love the fuzzy, soft filter affect on the pictures, makes them almost dream-like quality. I can't wait to delve into all of the poems later tonight when I have some alone time with Violet. Lana really delivered on this release; bravo LRD, bravo ? 

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

just picked up my copy! though i read the whole book yesterday (bought the ebook from an australian site). "thanks to the locals" is def my fav of the "new" (ie ones we hadn't heard or seen before) poems, really resonated with me. i love that they scanned in her typewritten manuscript, it's beautifully done book design-wise. and while we already knew most of the poems it was really nice to read them in her own formatting/line breaks– though i couldn't help but hear her voice in my head while reading the ones on the audiobook version! i love this project a lot– even the "cringey" lines (ie the end of "sugarfish") feel honest and sweet and very lana. can't wait for behind the iron gates and am so happy to finally have Violet...really hope there will be at least one more interview about it like the recent Vogue one. 

Would also be so cool if she did a reading/q & a online for the release (somehow i doubt this, esp bc she's prob getting ready to release chemtrails) and agree with what another user said about raffling off the hand-bound copies to raise $ for a charity.

aOaIzH2.gif