Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Hardcover Poetry Book - Post-Release Discussion Thread

7 hours ago, bel air rose said:

anyone know why the title in the book is typed like this

“Violet bEnt bAckwards Over The gRass”

I thought it might've been like a pun because that poem is about a child

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

It’s a really beautiful book. The mix of old and new in the pictures is really special. Love how all the poems we didn’t know about connect to NFR. Maybe it would have been a bit of a letdown if there hadn’t been an audiobook though. 

Nah, you weren't joking about Thanks to the Locals.

I felt really heartbroken for her.

I'm glad she ended that poem the way she did: even though she "moved" on, she knew there was an easier way but she chose the hard, but more rewarding, way. 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

my copy arrived today! it's beautiful. i think it was such a lovely idea to include the reader to write their own poetry at the end there as well, i think i may write a few things when the time is right. it just makes the book that much more personal, to have your own thoughts upon the same pages as the author. i will cherish this book forever. <3

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

5 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

my copy arrived today! it's beautiful. i think it was such a lovely idea to include the reader to write their own poetry at the end there as well, i think i may write a few things when the time is right. it just makes the book that much more personal, to have your own thoughts upon the same pages as the author. i will cherish this book forever. <3

I also thought about it but I'm afraid I'll ruin it lmao

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

1 hour ago, sweetlikecinnam0n said:

I also thought about it but I'm afraid I'll ruin it lmao

I was gonna write fake lyrics in mine so that when COCC comes out I can contrast and compare 

:smile3:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

11 hours ago, RormanNockwell said:

I was gonna write fake lyrics in mine so that when COCC comes out I can contrast and compare 

:smile3:

I wanna write stuff but I won't damage the book. However, it's a great ideia to be able to write in it. 

Also, write the Tulsa Jesus Freak fake lyrics those were *chief's kiss*

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

9 minutes ago, UltraviolenceBaby said:

she can sign them and ship them online like she used to what’s the point of mentioning the pandemic now

imagine if she used dark gold ink. amazing. 

and I just wiped my book w alcohol wipes so I get the pandemic stuff FR, but just wow. I haven't even gone thru the entire thing yet, savoring it, it's a nice little pocket thing and it's so calmingly beautiful imo

UV/Honeymoon