Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Hardcover Poetry Book - Post-Release Discussion Thread

6 hours ago, katebusho said:

i love how much lana singles out those sort of mundane moments of pleasure– reading a magazine in a walmart parking lot– as inspirational to her

aOaIzH2.gif

Is there a full list anywhere of smaller chains/indie bookstores that carry Violet? I wish she could put a "store locator" feature in the LDR store...

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

On 10/1/2020 at 5:54 PM, Mer Boy said:

Is there a full list anywhere of smaller chains/indie bookstores that carry Violet? I wish she could put a "store locator" feature in the LDR store...

why would she? she donated a percentage to indian reservations..

~INSTA1.gif

12 minutes ago, cheaptrailertrashglm said:

why would she? she donated a percentage to indian reservations..

Huh?

My order arrived at the store early! Took me forever to find parking. Then I had to casually risk my life prancing across the chaotic parking lot. This bish always has me suffering :flutter: 

Overall, I'm happy with it! The "back cover author photograph by Lana Del Rey" (aka her selfie, lol...) will probably always be a lil off to me (who does that?!? Lana ofc) but otherwise, a solid book! I also love how she dedicated this to anyone who happens to come across it. my heart

18 minutes ago, cheaptrailertrashglm said:

that's what she said when everyone was preordering..the money was going to help indian reservations or something like that.

But what does that have anything to do w the book being sold in smaller stores?

i found the book at a barnes & noble. they also had the vinyl in stock (which i already have 2 copies coming through the mail) but i got the book and holy fuck. it’s absolutely beautiful. i hope she continues publishing poetry books after the second one, this one truly is a fantastic piece of art, i’m just so shocked

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I really enjoying reading the poems while listening to the ones recorded for the album. They hit different for me when I do that like i’m able to focus better on what she’s saying. She’s a beautiful poet and I can’t wait for the next book or maybe even future books. :wub:

So I was disciplining myself into doing a poem a day, few days ago when the physical came out,  before the whole Dec 10/Jan 7 dates were reluctantly given, but couldn't sleep and read and re-read up to Sportscruiser. my favorites so far are still of course 1000 Fires, Never to Heaven and Sportscruiser. LA to love u too

Does anyone really know or wanna talk about Tessa DPietro? that one confused me a little bit. that and I just didn't really vibe w it and read it once.. 

UV/Honeymoon

17 minutes ago, vodkaa said:

So I was disciplining myself into doing a poem a day, few days ago when the physical came out,  before the whole Dec 10/Jan 7 dates were reluctantly given, but couldn't sleep and read and re-read up to Sportscruiser. my favorites so far are still of course 1000 Fires, Never to Heaven and Sportscruiser. LA to love u too

Does anyone really know or wanna talk about Tessa DPietro? that one confused me a little bit. that and I just didn't really vibe w it and read it once.. 

Lana talks a little about Tessa in this post 

also i love the first line of that poem 

"No one ever touched me without wanting to kill me"

4 minutes ago, katebusho said:

i'll have to give it another read later. I like astrology for the social aspect of it, but I'm just a bit of a skeptic but ok cool! nice 

UV/Honeymoon

1 hour ago, vodkaa said:

i'll have to give it another read later. I like astrology for the social aspect of it, but I'm just a bit of a skeptic but ok cool! nice 

Something else thats interesting about this poem is that I think Lana said in an interview once that she was only thinking of astrology when writing Chemtrails, and I think she must have taken a lot of inspiration from Tessa and what she told Lana when she did readings for her 

2 hours ago, katebusho said:

and hello we're back. I read it again, and I know what it means more, and I get what it was saying so there's that but. I guess it just doesn't have the same effect. I appreciate it a lot more tho, it's a wise snappy little thing in there I have to say

UV/Honeymoon