Elle

Lana at her book signing at Barnes & Noble at The Grove in Los Angeles, CA - October 2nd, 2020

3 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

No, this ain't it. 

It's not just the people who were there who were put at risk, it's all the people that they are in contact with after being part of that gathering. 

The whole thing was an ill-conceived mess, full stop. 

im just saying, it was their choice, they know their situation, they are grown ups aware of their choices... same goes for restaurants being open, it is a choice and a risk...

all the people I come into contact with at a department store/grocery also is ill-conceived too, its a risk... but people have to work and live and the amount of people inside a target or trader joes is equal to the amount that was at barnes and noble today. 

Where is the silicone? I don't see it. Y'all keep trying to justify her actions. She's risking her own health as much as she's risking other people's health. It's being selfish and it's not it.

Spoiler

F3-C6-D777-39-F1-4-C69-9-C7-C-2637844940

the mask:

Spoiler

Mask-Crystal-2-840-T.jpg?1594533824

1 minute ago, paradisetropico said:

im just saying, it was their choice, they know their situation, they are grown ups aware of their choices... same goes for restaurants being open, it is a choice and a risk...

all the people I come into contact with at a department store/grocery also is ill-conceived too, its a risk... but people have to work and live and the amount of people inside a target or trader joes is equal to the amount that was at barnes and noble today. 

The point is that you minimise the risk as much as possible by not encouraging people to gather unnecessarily. This did the opposite. 

The US is a mess rn precisely because of this attitude. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

6 minutes ago, paradisetropico said:

the point is that there is no way a book signing and meeting fans could be considered an essential task. The reason why trader joes and targets are crowded is because they're supermarkets that people buy essentials from. promoting your poetry book last minute and with basically no preparation at all  that it had to be shut down by the health department in less than an hour (probably because an employee complained) is completely different from this. they can do whatever they want but we can call them stupid and inconsiderate tbh 

i also don't agree with restaurants being open but in LA at least you can't even eat inside the actual buildings, just outside or in a patio. She's hosting a crowded event in a closed space, there's really no excuse for this tbh.

sgopYhV.gif

In other countries yes, mine for ex, they do meets and etc but idk about the us

3 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

Are there any other artists out there pulling this type o' shit rn (meet 'n' greets, etc)?

Genuine question because I'm not aware of any. 

4 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

Are there any other artists out there pulling this type o' shit rn (meet 'n' greets, etc)?

Genuine question because I'm not aware of any. 

probably in other countries where corona isn't a problem anymore because their government actually took it seriously and didn't allow shit like this to happen :toofunny:

sgopYhV.gif

2 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

The point is that you minimise the risk as much as possible by not encouraging people to gather unnecessarily. This did the opposite. 

The US is a mess rn precisely because of this attitude. 

im not disagreeing with you, i think that is why it was very last minute, so less people would come. 

5 minutes ago, JehovahThikness said:

the point is that there is no way a book signing and meeting fans could be considered an essential task. The reason why trader joes and targets are crowded is because they're supermarkets that people buy essentials from. promoting your poetry book last minute and with basically no preparation at all  that it had to be shut down by the health department in less than an hour (probably because an employee complained) is completely different from this. they can do whatever they want but we can call them stupid and inconsiderate tbh 

barnes and noble isn't essential, so idk why they are open?????  the cases in LA county are below a positivity rate of 1.00 and is at .88 percent rate of transmission. i'm not disagreeing with you but I think many young people will assess the risk and take the chance to buy a book and say hello from a distance. im not saying it is right and you can call people stupid for it all day long but it isn't going to stop especially after 8 months of lockdown in LA 

3 hours ago, Mind Melt said:

are we surprised she's doing something this irresponsible? lol

hope she doesn't wear that stupid mesh mask again

tenor.gif

and not yall still trying to defend her with this silicone layer bs. she knew people came after her for wearing it last time, she would have said something then. also the magazine literally said WEAR A MASK, NOT THIS ONE  because it's unprotective

she's beyond ridiculous this year

Here's some pictures from the event in the spoiler. I also updated the OP to include a photo & video gallery, and retitled & moved the thread to treat it more as an Appearances thread rather than a news/announcement thread since the event happened shortly after it was announced x

Spoiler

50410035211_b58e8531a4_o.jpg50410187762_d9b8977c61_b.jpg50410035181_2747113a3e_o.jpg50410187807_f61b97154e_o.jpg50410035191_f185de3dcb_b.jpg50409999596_b98dd4ede8_b.jpg50410147306_f48867e4be_o.jpg50410147381_c975c70693_o.jpg

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I can't read the entire thread right now but just saw on Twitter from people who were there that the health department shut the whole thing up within 5 minutes and Lana went on to do her signing outside the book store. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/bennympinedo/status/1312195363197972480

Doesn't she realized that she's putting people's lives in danger just like when she's driving? She's an irresponsible brat. 

9 minutes ago, paradisetropico said:

im not disagreeing with you, i think that is why it was very last minute, so less people would come. 

barnes and noble isn't essential, so idk why they are open?????  the cases in LA county are below a positivity rate of 1.00 and is at .88 percent rate of transmission. i'm not disagreeing with you but I think many young people will assess the risk and take the chance to buy a book and say hello from a distance. im not saying it is right and you can call people stupid for it all day long but it isn't going to stop especially after 8 months of lockdown in LA 

they're open because the government cares more about the economy than people's safety lol. most stores are able to reopen because they're limiting their capacities to like 10% and encourage social distancing anyways. not only this but but do you not see how crowded it is in that store because of her? I've literally been to that barnes and noble in the grove during the christmas season and it isn't even that crowded during that time. heads up though, i'm a nurse and I see many young people in the hospital because of covid, and if it doesn't kill you the charges on your insurance will lol. i feel like i lowkey can call them stupid all day long because in the end it affects my own workload and my own life. also no offense but i'm not in the mood to argue with someone who doesn't see why hosting a meet and greet event in the midst of a pandemic is wrong. again, the health department literally had to intervene with this, it's not a good look for anyone involved in this, especially with her half-assed panty-fabric mask. 

sgopYhV.gif

We haven't had a signing in NYC since the pandemic started in March. NYC at the moment is doing better then California Corona-wise. Who the fuck does Elizabeth Grant think she is doing a signing like this when California is going through a horrible moment with this pandemic. I don't care what Chuck said about Lana being negative with Covid on IG live. A fan could have gone there infected and spread it to everyone else including Lana. Her mask is a joke. This is so bratty, obnoxious and rich privilege of her - to do whatever she wants, when ever she wants to. I'm glad they are dragging her on Twitter. 

1 minute ago, UltraviolenceBaby said:

why im the only one here who is pissed cuz i didint get a signed copy like is that even fair? 

She deadass could've avoided this entire kerfuffle by asking for $10 donations to a charity to enter a contest to win a signed copy. That would've been fairer and safer. 

As it is, this is going down like a tonne o' bricks even in her own IG comments. 

I hope she says NOTHING about it though, because anything she says will make it 10 times worse. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

1 minute ago, RormanNockwell said:

She deadass could've avoided this entire kerfuffle by asking for $10 donations to a charity to enter a contest to win a signed copy. That would've been fairer and safer. 

As it is, this is going down like a tonne o' bricks even in her own IG comments. 

I hope she says NOTHING about it though, because anything she says will make it 10 times worse. 

she should’ve sold them online like she used to do with her previous albums like it’s way better than selling 15 signed copies in a shop with risk

:smile3:

Girl, she's going to double down just like she did when her typewritten manifesto got blasted. It's better for her to shut up before she makes an ass of herself again. The black community still hasn't forgiven her and I don't blame them. 

2 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

the way she’s even posting about it as if she were proud of hosting a superspreader event 

i76mrxw.png