Sign in to follow this  
Be Free

Known (and not so known) gems

Hi! I don't know if a similar thread like this exists but I thought it would be cute to have a space to share songs that we like or have recently discovered that may be or may not be known by a lot of people! :)

:wub:

A mix of songs + albums that I love

What’s Your Pleasure? - Jessie Ware 

The title track is amazing and so is the entire album. My top 3 are Mirage, WYP?, and Spotlight

Poison Arrow - Yeule

I spent my summer listening to this song amd the album associated with it and let me tell you, this album is perfect. My top 3 from the album are Veil of Darkness, Blue Butterfly, and Poison Arrow.

Water Water - Empress Of

All in all, a very boppy song. I haven’t got into her discography much but currently this is my favorite song by her. Had this on repeat for years.

Immaterial + her entire discography - SOPHIE

I fell in love with her earlier this year and been obsessed with her ever since. Her debut album is pretty nice but does not compare to her unreleased. She’s evolved greatly since the release of her album and I’m really excited for what’s to come in the future. My top 3 from Oil of Every Pearl’s Un Insides are Ponyboy, Immaterial, Whole New World. She has loads of unreleased content but my favorite currently Take Me To Dubai, Transnation, Elegance, Do You Wanna Be Alive?

Chance - Angel Olsen

This song is just so sad so be prepared. Along with All Mirrors, the title track from her 3rd album. 

Lamp Lady - Sevdaliza

This song + the entire album (Shabrang) IS SO AMAZING. Some people might not like her vibrato but I live for it. 

Smile - Katy Perry

Not known by many individuals, this album deserves so much more. My top 3 are Champagne Problems, Harleys in Hawaii, Teary Eyes.

Spoiler

sorry girl :oop2:

i bring it up a lot but mazzy star is a really incredible duo and they've made some amazing stuff, you may know them from their popular 90's hit "fade into you". here's a list of songs i really like by them:

- she hangs brightly

- ghost highway

- free

- before i sleep

- mary of silence

- blue light

- she's my baby

- into dust

- so tonight that i might see

for those who are into nirvana, or even just grunge / rock / 90's alternative, i've taken the time to discover more of their demo tracks, highly reccomend:

- old age, + it's demo 

- clean up before she comes

- spank thru

- and i love her (the beatles cover)

- poison's gone

- pennyroyal tea (demo)

- burn the rain

- letters to frances

WGe8ynS.gif

In no specific order, some of these are classics, others song that are just kinda underrated/less known. :wub:

Astro Zombies - The Misfits

I don't listen to a whole lot of punk music, but this one is pretty good.

Lady - Supertramp

A lesser known Supertramp song that I really love.

I Heard Ramona Sing - Frank Black

Probably my favourite song on that soundtrack.

Chateau Lobby #4 (in C for Two Virgins) - Father John Misty

If there's a Father John Misty you should check out, this is the one I think.

Come Find Me - Emile Haynie (feat. Lykke Li, Romy)

Otherworldly collab between King Emile, Lykke Li and Romy (from The xx) from the same album that featured 'Wait For Life.

Debout - Ariane Moffatt

That, ladies and gentlemen, is my turn up song!

Dream Weaver - Gary Wright

My dad introduced us to this song. :cuteface:

You Make Loving Fun - Fleetwood Mac

Along with 'Rhiannon', 'Gypsy' and 'Little Lies' this is my favourite Fleetwood Mac song.

Black Magic Woman - Fleetwood Mac

Fun fact, this is the original version of the Santana classic.

I Wish I Was The Moon - Neko Case

A song that never fails to make me cry. :toofunny:

Paint Me Silver - Pond

Pretty good song from a band that's heavily involved with Australian legend Tame Impala. 

Faraway Look - Yola

Great song from an immensely talented artist. It's also King Dan Auerbach's latest production gig!

Bad Magic - Weyes Blood

My favourite Weyes Blood song. :wub:

ive been peeking around at the French and Russian Pop & Hip Hop Genres on Apple Music and idk wtf they're singing but I like these songs 

I was gonna bump to this song on my Paris trip back in May b4 covid said "no" :cryney:

Russian hip hop.... the instrumentation is so beautiful 

Russian pop.... really nice melody 

21 minutes ago, Barry said:

These are just songs I like I feel like most people on here wont know

famous makes me cry everytime

Maliibu Miitch is easily the best female rapper to come out of New York since kim, fox, and minaj- and yet no one knows who the fuck she is

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

5 minutes ago, TheSwaggerAndTheLips said:

famous makes me cry everytime

Maliibu Miitch is easily the best female rapper to come out of New York since kim, fox, and minaj- and yet no one knows who the fuck she is

Yeah Famous is one of my favourite songs by him although from C5 I like this even better

On 10/14/2020 at 12:39 PM, cinnamongirI said:

Poison Arrow - Yeule

I spent my summer listening to this song amd the album associated with it and let me tell you, this album is perfect. My top 3 from the album are Veil of Darkness, Blue Butterfly, and Poison Arrow.

I recently discovered this album too! LOVE Poison Arrow and also "An angel held me like a child"

It wasn't a new discovery but a recent release that I love so much is Honey Gentry's H.G. album. Especially 

-Like Neptune 

And 

- if you sit very still, you can hear the sun move

I can feel these songs physically holding me when I listen to them. If you're looking for something to help you peacefully transcend to outer space, these songs are it.

14 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

It wasn't a new discovery but a recent release that I love so much is Honey Gentry's H.G. album. Especially 

-Like Neptune 

And 

- if you sit very still, you can hear the sun move

I can feel these songs physically holding me when I listen to them. If you're looking for something to help you peacefully transcend to outer space, these songs are it.

ahhh honey gentry has some really good stuff! i haven't gotten around to listening to her new album yet, though.

WGe8ynS.gif