Say Yes to Heaven

Let Me Love You Like a Woman

Am I the only one who hears “psalms and poems” not “songs and poems”? It makes me wonder if there’s gonna be heavy biblical themes across this album. But then maybe I’m just mishearing it and making predictions off of nothing.

also something very 1980s heartland/arena rock about her vocals in the verses, idk how to explain it.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

On 10/15/2020 at 5:31 AM, Say Yes to Heaven said:

Baby, let me count the waves

I don't think this is right. I hear it as "Baby, let me count the ways," which also makes more sense in context because she's listing things that they could do together.

Edit: You know, I don't know anymore. I can kind of hear the "v" in "waves." HmmmmMMmmm....

let me be who i'm meant to be

I’ve been debating to post about this or not but honestly..Let me love you like a woman is one of Lana’s worst singles. The production is horrible and it’s not that it’s bad, it’s just not “lana level” of song-writing. It’s so repetitive and it has no different verses or story telling other than “I come from a small town”. When she said this was her fav off of chemtrails I was like “?”. But I could see why though. The music video made it more special.maybe when I start having a crush I’ll relate to this song more to like it enough ? What do you guys think

7 minutes ago, littlemissglitter said:

I’ve been debating to post about this or not but honestly..Let me love you like a woman is one of Lana’s worst singles. The production is horrible and it’s not that it’s bad, it’s just not “lana level” of song-writing. It’s so repetitive and it has no different verses or story telling other than “I come from a small town”. When she said this was her fav off of chemtrails I was like “?”. But I could see why though. The music video made it more special.maybe when I start having a crush I’ll relate to this song more to like it enough ? What do you guys think

the only part i actually enjoy of this song is the bridge...i agree with you 100%

On 12/19/2020 at 2:09 PM, littlemissglitter said:

I want to say it's one of her most boring singles but then I remember White Mustang exists.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

4 minutes ago, Creyk said:

As someone who adores both White Mustang and Let Me Love You Like A Woman, I am appalled :whoopi:

I never understood the hatred towards LMLYLAW. It's gorgeous!!!:crying: its definitely not as good as Chemtrails, but it's a beautiful song!

Didn't someone say that this song was meant for UV? Somehow I don't believe it :bebe:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

The more I hear this song, the more i fall in love with it. the simplicity is perfect

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

It's kinda crazy how this song is literally about nothing... I'm convinced this was just a filler track which she liked the chorus then wrote some bs just so she can release it

It doesn't even make sense with the LDR lore of LA Who Am I To Love You, Dance Till We Die, Arcadia, all of NFR, etc.

LMLYLAW you are an imposter and you will NEVER be Pink Champagne. :oprah3:

Steam Community :: :: The Lindsay Lohan

pink champagne made me appreciate this song even more. yes i won't deny the latter being better but don't you get how cool it is to rewrite such a depressing song into this whole ready to make a big life change moment in a relationship song? i'll forever adore this song and the whole album :wub:

2 hours ago, bluedealer said:

This aged so good

well in this case i'm very glad to have been proven wrong :true:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

On 6/10/2023 at 12:36 PM, Lindsay Lohan said:

It's kinda crazy how this song is literally about nothing... I'm convinced this was just a filler track which she liked the chorus then wrote some bs just so she can release it

It doesn't even make sense with the LDR lore of LA Who Am I To Love You, Dance Till We Die, Arcadia, all of NFR, etc.

LMLYLAW you are an imposter and you will NEVER be Pink Champagne. :oprah3:

I completely agree that she probably just liked the chorus. For me, this song isn’t really a final version of Pink Champagne but just a song that uses some of its lyrics. They have no similarities other than the chorus. 

I think Lana here might have wanted to reference Elizabeth Browning's sonnet "How do I love thee?", particularly the first line:

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

These two clauses remind me of a couple of lines in the song, that is the Lmlylaw one and "let me count the ways", which stays the same