Elle

Let Me Love You Like a Woman (Single) - OUT NOW: October 16th, 2020

It's beautiful but a bit underwhelming. It really sounds though like this will be the bridge track from NFR to COCC so I'm not worried. 

I don't like the abrupt ending but I'm just going to hope it leads into the next track on the album wherever its placement is. 

The reviews made this song sound awful. I don't think it's that bad. I want to hear it in the context of the album. I think it could work if the next song is a lot faster. That said, I hope the lyrics for the rest of the album improve because this is such a straightforward song that it's really boring lyrically. 

but as a whole, the song is not bad at all

Friday 4:25pm thoughts:

1. The cover is black and white which gives me hope for Wizard of Oz themes

2. The song is very emotive and for me, that's what's most impressive about it. You can't learn how to do that; it's inherent. 

3. I think the opening line is possibly "small talk" from when she met the subject. "I come from a small town, how 'bout you?"

4. The repetition of "let me" makes me think that this ties into the toxic masculinity she talked about experiencing, which incidentally was in the same interview in which she mentioned LMLYLAW, iirc. The wording suggests that the subject perhaps withheld his affection and/or rejected hers. "Let me hold you like a baby" - in other words, she wants him to allow himself to be vulnerable. 

5. "Doesn't mean songs and poems" perhaps the relationship was heavily impacted by her fame and career, so she's telling him she's more than just her work and if they move away she can have a life that isn't dominated by it. 

6. I feel like the echoes and layering reflect the vastness of the distances she's singing about, that she feels both in the relationship and geographically. 

7. In closing,

:icant:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I listened to it like 10 times before going to bed and the first thing I did waking up was listen to it again on repeat... she did it!

It’s a very simple song apparently, but it hides a lot of tiny details and layers that requires multiple listens to be discovered and fully appreciated!

If you didn’t like at first listen (not my case tho) give it another try, it’s definitely a grower!

:wub:

On a side note, I feel like sonically it would fit between MAC and VB and I love it ‘cause those are discography highlights.

Lanarat.png

good morning! ok finally got to listen to LMLYLAW with earphones - a much much nicer and more enjoyable experience! all the subtleties are much more present. i honestly just wish the lyrics were stronger since the production is so stripped back, but they lowkey sound like something a fake insider would write im so sorry :derpna2: can't help but feel like we'd all laugh at the "talk about the good old days / get high on pink champagne" lines

Wq9zHLl.jpg

*Yawn*  Highly Bland and underwhelming. With a song title like that I pictured her going in the Portishead's *Glory Box* direction. A wasted opportunity. She needs to fire JackOff right away. He is killing her creative spark and making her release Grandmaesque songs. 

The song should be Retitled *Let Me Love You Like A Grandma* 

I just remembered that post on her Honeymoon account where she writes about pink champagne and purple rain.

Was that taken from an early poem? Or a song that didn't make it on the album?

In any case she re-used that phrase on LMLYLAW now.

6dea793f056ec97a20f1e5ee18e77f0e.jpg

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

the purple rain/pink champagne part is so annoying because it really sounds like the song is about to go off to another dimension and then it just slowly dies for the rest of the song. I keep getting my hopes up listening. They should have toned down the mixing/volume on the instrumentals during that part because it really sounds like it's setting the song up for a different direction (or had the song go in another direction like Venice Bitch). 

29 minutes ago, BlueINK said:

I just remembered that post on her Honeymoon account where she writes about pink champagne and purple rain.

Was that taken from an early poem? Or a song that didn't make it on the album?

In any case she re-used that phrase on LMLYLAW now.

6dea793f056ec97a20f1e5ee18e77f0e.jpg

ooooh! good catch!

also v interesting to see how that's almost like a poetry prototype for lana; she's evolved so much

Wq9zHLl.jpg