Let me love you like a white womanĀ 

let me hold you like blue lives on tvĀ 
let me shine like a bald eagleĀ 

let me march for trump like Iā€™m meant to be

talk to me in jail and impeachmentā€™sĀ 

donā€™t vote for BidenĀ 

Trumps on a streakĀ 

Someone continue the song

Had this nagging feeling since yesterday about the familiarity of LMLYLAW chorus. I was listening to this tune on Deezer and the next song that played was Blue Jeans and Lo and Behold I discovered that our Queen has once again recycled the melody of the chorus of Blue Jeans.

Ā 

I will love you till the end of time

I would wait a million years

Promise you'll remember that you're mine

Baby can you see through the tears?

Ā 

Let me love you like a woman

Let me hold you like a baby

Let me shine like a diamond

Let me be who I'm meant to be

2 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Let me love you like a white womanĀ 

let me hold you like blue lives on tvĀ 
let me shine like a bald eagleĀ 

let me march for trump like Iā€™m meant to be

talk to me in jail and impeachmentā€™sĀ 

donā€™t vote for BidenĀ 

Trumps on a streakĀ 

Someone continue the song

maxresdefault.jpg

Ā 

image.png

So sheā€™s talking about loving like a woman, right? After watching the video (which obviously isnā€™t a masterpiece but is very cute and suits the song) I feel like what she means by that is that sheā€™s finally come to terms withĀ what real love is. Itā€™s not steeped in fatalisticĀ tragedy and drama like the love she sings about on Born to Die and Paradise and UV. She sang about love like that when she was a girlĀ because thatā€™s what love feels like to someone who hasnā€™t been around the block more than once or twice. Sheā€™s grown now and sees love for what it truly is. Itā€™sĀ not end all, be all, die for you stuff and it doesnā€™t even have to be romantic;Ā itā€™s about trust, and compassion,Ā andĀ recognizing annoying things your loved ones do that donā€™t matter because that wonā€™t change how you feel and you just want to be around them.Ā 
Ā 

A few tidbits in the song that make me think this:

Ā 

-Sheā€™s talks about leaving LA for somewhere smaller, and LA is a city of dreams, and stars, and grand notions. Romances in films and dreams are often larger than life and sheā€™s coming to terms with love that is a bit more simple and natural.Ā 
Ā 

-She sings about wanting the subject of the song to join her in her journey but she knows sheā€™ll be ok if they donā€™t.Ā 
Ā 

-The line ā€œI want/need you to comeā€ to me is like echoes of the younger version of herself that was super fatalistic and heavy hearted. That girl is still an important part of Lanaā€™s story and will haveĀ ripple effects throughoutĀ the rest of her life, but thatā€™s not the person calling the shots anymore.Ā 
Ā 

So yeah, ultimately loving someone like a woman has nothing to do with sex or even romance, itā€™s just loving someone withĀ a firm grasp on whatā€™s important.Ā 
Ā 

Also, to add one last thing, Iā€™ve seen some folksĀ refer to Lana as having ā€œlost her fireā€ but I donā€™t think thatā€™s true at all! Sure sheā€™s not an all consumingĀ wildfire anymore, burning down everything in her path, butĀ sheā€™s a more life sustaining fire now! One that provides warmth and comfort to her and others. Itā€™s actually a mark of growth, I think. :3

Ā 

anyways that what this song gives meĀ 

Also, itā€™s nice to see the Pitchfork review is pretty positive! Not best new music (i didnā€™t expect that anyways) but itā€™s still actually pretty complimentary! We won!Ā 

Will we still love her? Can we allow her to change and grow and stay along with her for the ride?Ā The song is beautifuuuuullll,Ā the video radiates love and also heartbreak (not unlike Video Games, really).Ā A Lana classicĀ - itā€™s aĀ thematic continuation ofĀ Young and Beautiful

On 10/16/2020 at 2:57 AM, VioletBunny said:

I don't think these two contradict each other at all. She's even saying how she's not forcing him to follow him out of LA ("I think I'd manage"), and I interpret the "I need you to come/want you to come" as her telling him she wants him to come but she'll manage without, and her inner dialogue saying she needs him but she's not going to pressure him. It's quite a comforting song imo, she's in love with him and needs him but she won't pressure him or force him to do anything.

Ā 

BTD era would have her singing about how she'd literally die without him and she needs him to stay with her, now she's feeling the same but she doesn't tell him that because she's loving him like a woman, not a young girl.

I've been thinking about this a lot and you're absolutely right! It actually underlines the second paragraph of the Question for the cultureā„¢ and while maybe not a mindblowingly great song it still manages to convey her intentions in that case very well. Thanks for your explanation, makes me like the song a bit more. :)

Ā 

Ā DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gifĀ SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

4 minutes ago, Rico25 said:

I really really love the song but it reminds me of my exĀ :icant:

Ā 

I'm still too traumatized to fully enjoy the NFR album because of an ex so I get it, ugh. BUT there will come a day, I'm sure, when they really won't matter or mean anything and then we can have fun with these songsĀ :crai:

8 minutes ago, Venice said:

Ā 

I'm still too traumatized to fully enjoy the NFR album because of an ex so I get it, ugh. BUT there will come a day, I'm sure, when they really won't matter or mean anything and then we can have fun with these songsĀ :crai:

That was the sweetest thing I did not expect to readĀ :wub: