Elle

Let Me Love You Like a Woman (Single) - OUT NOW: October 16th, 2020

1 minute ago, drippingbeaches said:

i really love this song, it reminds me of Love song, which took a really long time to grow on me, but this hits hard

True! To me it's a mix between Love Song and FILLY (cd/vinyl version). Very intimate, deeply in her feelings, doesn't really have a resolution lyrically. I love it so so so much. 

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

30 minutes ago, Venice said:

I'm still too traumatized to fully enjoy the NFR album because of an ex so I get it, ugh. BUT there will come a day, I'm sure, when they really won't matter or mean anything and then we can have fun with these songs :crai:

same skkkk I hate it bc NFR is such an amazing album, but I can rarely bear to listen to it because it makes me too upset - certain songs especially, but really the whole album. It just takes me back to a really bad place. This new song makes me kind of sad too thinking abt everything, but I don’t want to ruin any more LDR projects for myself so I’m trying to listen to it in a good headspace because it really is such a beautiful song x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

1 hour ago, Elle said:

same skkkk I hate it bc NFR is such an amazing album, but I can rarely bear to listen to it because it makes me too upset - certain songs especially, but really the whole album. It just takes me back to a really bad place. This new song makes me kind of sad too thinking abt everything, but I don’t want to ruin any more LDR projects for myself so I’m trying to listen to it in a good headspace because it really is such a beautiful song x

Absolutely!! Some songs are golden on that album but they really upset me skjfkshdf. I'll try to not let the past ruin my future happiness too :ohno: <33 

5 hours ago, Venice said:

I'm still too traumatized to fully enjoy the NFR album because of an ex so I get it, ugh. BUT there will come a day, I'm sure, when they really won't matter or mean anything and then we can have fun with these songs :crai:

Interesting! I get that. NFR is really personal and less unrealistic in how she talks about people. For me its one of the few albums that dont feel like they remind me of a bad time. Her older stuff really gets to me. I can barely listen to UV

17 minutes ago, Turtledove said:

I take it back, I love this song.  It will be interesting to see what places she talks about!! 80 miles north or south will do:w8ing:

I think Encinitas CA might be one of them (she apparently has a house there? It’s in northern San Diego, which would make it about 80miles south of LA)

aOaIzH2.gif

3 hours ago, Tropico Roses said:

i'm absolutely in love with this song. I made an alternate cover for fun if anyone wants to use it :kiss: (PS: let me know if the pic doesn't post because I always seem to have issues with that lol)

Lana-Del-Rey-Let-Me-Love.jpg

I like this!

Lana: I'm not good at wearing masks but I'm pretty good with hats.

I gotta say those f*ke TJF lyrics make me wonder now. 

"California's not for you" and some shit about golden fields and as someone pointed out there's a lot of gold/yellow imagery in the LMLYLAW mv ... 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

23 hours ago, Turtledove said:

Interesting! I get that. NFR is really personal and less unrealistic in how she talks about people. For me its one of the few albums that dont feel like they remind me of a bad time. Her older stuff really gets to me. I can barely listen to UV

Yeah! I guess it really all depends on which point everyone is at in their lives. I thought I truly understood deep love and pain when her old music was out, but nope, I was too naive. It wasn't until the NFR era that I had my heart and soul absolutely shattered :toofunny: and then her music hit so differently... 

I'm still not fine but I'm looking forward to COCC and will try my hardest to associate it with good things, or at least memories that aren't so saddening!

5 hours ago, Venice said:

Yeah! I guess it really all depends on which point everyone is at in their lives. I thought I truly understood deep love and pain when her old music was out, but nope, I was too naive. It wasn't until the NFR era that I had my heart and soul absolutely shattered :toofunny: and then her music hit so differently... 

I'm still not fine but I'm looking forward to COCC and will try my hardest to associate it with good things, or at least memories that aren't so saddening!

Ah, I hope she doesnt talk about break ups for your sake then!! I have a feeling shes gonna be more positive this album about love and stuff (lana give us a break pls) 

13 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

The way our sis left Bieber and GERALD in the dust

We love to see it

wGCzYHv.gif

Soon he will release the thousandth song quoting her, to see if it gets attention. ?

I think I would like it more if there was more in the production, something to make it a little more special.

I appreciate the stripped down quality... but I'm just not going to wanna listen to it on loop and that's the true test for me lol

Also feel like most of NFR was stronger than this

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

Every time I listen to the song, I can already imagine a sea of people holding lighters up, especially during the bridge and final chorus. It’s one of those songs. It’s sentimental and soft but has a big arena chorus and it just inspires so much passion. Maybe that’s what makes it feel like it’s from 1981. I really hope she sings it live someday because it’s a song that’s begging to be sung altogether.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

This song is criminally underrated !! :crying5:

I love it so much :illumilana2:

It's not a new sound from her - it kind of reminds me of I Can Fly, MAC, maybe a bit of American - but who cares?

Ddn't we stan California though it sounds like it could have been on UV? :bye3: