electra

Lana to Release Homemade Music Video for "Let Me Love You Like a Woman" - OUT NOW: October 16th, 2020

I really think you should let go of the image that you have built of Lana a little bit. I feel that she finally found herself artistically, in her poetry and her way of telling stories, also through books or music. her choosing to make her own clips, single covers and etc. reflect that she is really committed to doing things her way. and I feel that anyone who can’t accept that maybe should choose another artist as their favorite instead of being put some negativity in her job! 

4 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

She wasn’t lying when she said this album was about her  friends and family (not patti) 

and yet people will still hate on it because why the fuck not. 

Just now, normanrockweII said:

I really think you should let go of the image that you have built of Lana a little bit. I feel that she finally found herself artistically, in her poetry and her way of telling stories, also through books or music. her choosing to make her own clips, single covers and etc. reflect that she is really committed to doing things her way. and I feel that anyone who can’t accept that maybe should choose another artist as their favorite instead of being put some negativity in her job! 

Literally, on point, perfectly put.

4 minutes ago, normanrockweII said:

I kind of agree, but is it wrong to wish for a tiny bit more commitment when it comes to cover arts and videos? She's a pretty big star now, not a soundcloud artist who has to do everything themselves.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

2 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

I kind of agree, but is it wrong to wish for a tiny bit more commitment when it comes to cover arts and videos? She's a pretty big star now, not a soundcloud artist who has to do everything themselves.

agreed, I don’t mind this messy (but cute) montage visualizer to the song but I do expect more from the title track and artistry for the rest of the album. from the start of her career she always captured her music so beautifully in pictures and videos and it’s out of character almost to abandon that

Just now, bel air rose said:

agreed, I don’t mind this messy (but cute) montage visualizer to the song but I do expect more from the title track and artistry for the rest of the album. from the start of her career she always captured her music so beautifully in pictures and videos and it’s out of character almost to abandon that

I have a feeling we'll get a beautiful video for COCC, she was all glammed up for a reason after all! :flutter:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I love this video, and I don’t think quantity = quality. Just because she made it herself on her phone doesn’t make it any worse than her high budget videos. It’s about the sentiment and I absolutely love the intimacy of this video. It’s super fitting for the song and I feel like I’m there with her in these snippets of her life that we’re privy to in the video. I hope we get more videos like this in the future because they’re so raw and truly capture who Lana is at her heart! <3

33 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

um chile- expose her omg!

Sooooo, I got my receipts. Found out she was (yes, was, cause she died of cancer in 2018) a poet and lecturer, her name was Anya Krugovoy Silver and this is the post, written by her husband shortly after her death: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm0iqq0FfM1/ 

With special greetings to @Lentilus :kiss3: Won't ever forget you being so incredibly nice to me.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

imo

we have no choice but to accept that diy is her thing and she will always be making these stuff by herself and of course no one here is obligated to like it, but that's the thing with her, she's not giving a shit and that's kinda cool because she is this big star but she chooses to share iphone videos made by her of her private moments with friends and family

that being said, I'm a graphic designer and finishing my visual arts degree, so of course I want a glam era with big productions and well thought aesthetic because I'm a bitch for that kind of stuff, I can spend hours and hours only watching music videos and looking at photoshoots, but I don't see her dropping homemade kind of videos any soon, as much as we complain about it :whatever2: I think it's better than nothing or better than a lyric video

at least we know something big and glamorous is coming to balance all of the basic, because I do miss that side of her a lot too

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

23 minutes ago, Lentilus said:

and yet people will still hate on it because why the fuck not. 

Literally, on point, perfectly put.

Don’t get me wrong I like her family,  but I don’t care too much for her friends being in her art all the time. It’s a bit too tacky for me personally.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Just now, ChaoticLipster said:

Don’t get me wrong I like her family,  but I don’t care too much for her friends being in her art all the time. It’s a bit too tacky for me personally.  

I understand this, but that's just it, it's not about you or the fans, she creates for herself, all artists, in the end, are ruled by their own art, and stay loyal to their art. Otherwise you lose what made you special.

Just now, BlueINK said:

Oh dear lord...

see, just like a bated cancel warrior

I was ready to hate it but the footage on the passenger seat, including audio from the radio leaking, was just fantastic. It does convey a nice emotion + perfectly fit with the song, like it was shot just for the video itself.

Yeah, her miming scenes was the worst part but nothing too groundbreaking.

I kinda gave up on waiting for her to SERVE visuals because... she just can't hit the spot. Born To Die was the perfect era for this and I'm happy I was there to stan when stuff like National Anthem and Summertime Sadness came out lol. And even then we had "Carmen" so it feels... traditional.