Elle

Breaking Up Slowly w/ Nikki Lane

8 hours ago, BlueINK said:

Yeah it just seems more full-on country today. Maybe that's just because I'm not used to Lana Del Rey exploring that genre. There's a thin line between tasteful country and straight up hillbillyism to me. This one doesn't sound too too bad, I have to admit.

I did not like Hey Blue Baby and IMBSFBSH, that was already too much for me. But anyway, we'll see. I'm still excited for the album.

I'm really not a fan of country music either but I feel like there's a chance I'll love anything she puts her voice to and releases (except for Don't Call Me Angel) as long as the song is good

please don’t be a country album noooo.... please lana don’t do this to me

ill move this to another album from my Chemtrails album in iTunes when it’s out

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Just now, HydroponicWeeds said:

please don’t be a country album noooo.... please lana don’t do this to me

ill move this to another album from my Chemtrails album in iTunes when it’s out

I don't really want collabs or country music but here I am on this song's thread anyway :hooker:

Just now, Chemtrail said:

I don't want collabs or country music but here I am on this song's thread anyway :hooker:

yeah i don’t want either..... i’m slightly worried what this will be like. i just heard the other singer on the song and really don’t like her voice

if someone finds a way to make a solo version, i’ll replace it with that but i don’t want this lmaooo

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

yeah i don’t want either..... i’m slightly worried what this will be like. i just heard the other singer on the song and really don’t like her voice

if someone finds a way to make a solo version, i’ll replace it with that but i don’t want this lmaooo

Nikki does seem like a really nice person so it's nice that they connected but I don't love anyone's voice as much as Lana's so selfishly I'd rather her always collab on other people's albums lol

1 minute ago, Chemtrail said:

Nikki does seem like a really nice person so it's nice that they connected but I don't love anyone's voice as much as Lana's so selfishly I'd rather her always collab on other people's albums lol

same here!!! seriously this is how i feel about Lana. i like Lana doing solo stuff on her albums, it just makes everything more cohesive and not overly produced. 

i will say this, i listened to this girl on apple music just a second ago and she sounds better in the studio vs live, but i still don’t care for her voice. she almost sounds like a more twangy miley cyrus which isn’t necessarily bad if you like her genre/style of music but i don’t care for it. hopefully the studio version is actually good, more folky rather than country. i won’t write it off entirely just yet, i’ll listen to the album version first and judge it but based off of the live version idfk.... i just don’t know yet 

giphy.gif

same here!!! seriously this is how i feel about Lana. i like Lana doing solo stuff on her albums, it just makes everything more cohesive and not overly produced. 

i will say this, i listened to this girl on apple music just a second ago and she sounds better in the studio vs live, but i still don’t care for her voice. she almost sounds like a more twangy miley cyrus which isn’t necessarily bad if you like her genre/style of music but i don’t care for it. hopefully the studio version is actually good, more folky rather than country. i won’t write it off entirely just yet, i’ll listen to the album version first and judge it but based off of the live version idfk.... i just don’t know yet 

I def don't care for Miley Cyrus. I haven't heard Nikki's voice properly because I only listened to the first snippet. I kinda want the studio version more than a live one but I'll probs listen to it in full later. She should retire using the colour blue in lyrics now though, although I do like the chorus.

1 minute ago, Chemtrail said:

I def don't care for Miley Cyrus. I haven't heard Nikki's voice properly because I only listened to the first snippet. I kinda want the studio version more than a live one but I'll probs listen to it in full later. She should retire using the colour blue in lyrics now though, although I do like the chorus.

i love when she mentions blue, it’s my favorite thing about lana hahahaha there’s a difference of opinions. but no, she’s not bad if you like that genre, definitely check her out on apple music, it only took me a few seconds to hear it and notice the similarities in her voice to Miley. Miley’s good when she does some stuff, some of her music i’m not a fan of but other stuff by her can be really good! i think maybe Nikki is the same way? idk i haven’t heard enough to really judge her music or her vocal structure but she’s not my favorite just from what i heard

giphy.gif

i love when she mentions blue, it’s my favorite thing about lana hahahaha there’s a difference of opinions. but no, she’s not bad if you like that genre, definitely check her out on apple music, it only took me a few seconds to hear it and notice the similarities in her voice to Miley. Miley’s good when she does some stuff, some of her music i’m not a fan of but other stuff by her can be really good! i think maybe Nikki is the same way? idk i haven’t heard enough to really judge her music or her vocal structure but she’s not my favorite just from what i heard

If she sounds anything like Miley I can't be dealing with that. To be honest the only artist Lana has collabed with that I like is Stevie Nicks. ASAP Rocky is alright too but I don't really listen to him, only heard his first mixtape but it was good. I can't say I have any interest in any current artist aside from Lana! The most popular stuff is really bad and I can't be bothered looking beyond it these days to find anything decent. I have no music from the past 4 or 5 years besides Lana.

2 minutes ago, Chemtrail said:

If she sounds anything like Miley I can't be dealing with that. To be honest the only artist Lana has collabed with that I like is Stevie Nicks. ASAP Rocky is alright too but I don't really listen to him, only heard his first mixtape but it was good. I can't say I have any interest in any current artist aside from Lana! The most popular stuff is really bad and I can't be bothered looking beyond it these days to find anything decent. I have no music from the past 4 or 5 years besides Lana.

Theres particular artists I like but nobody’s like Lana. Check out Father John Misty, i think of him of a male, more folky Lana. And then look at his old band, Fleet Foxes. If you like folk, his stuff under his real name J Tillman is really good too and somewhat chilling. 

It’s hard to find new music that’s as good as what Lana puts out, her quality standard is high and it can be frustrating when she expects something to be out by a certain date but at least we can say, she’s trying to perfect it if it’s not final mixed

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

Theres particular artists I like but nobody’s like Lana. Check out Father John Misty, i think of him of a male, more folky Lana. And then look at his old band, Fleet Foxes. If you like folk, his stuff under his real name J Tillman is really good too and somewhat chilling. 

It’s hard to find new music that’s as good as what Lana puts out, her quality standard is high and it can be frustrating when she expects something to be out by a certain date but at least we can say, she’s trying to perfect it if it’s not final mixed

Thank you for the recommendation <3 I do know of him (from Lana tbh) but I don't know any of his music. I don't know if I'm into folk music but I guess we'll see!

If Dealer becomes the new Yosemite I'm suing her and you should too.

5 minutes ago, Chemtrail said:

Thank you for the recommendation <3 I do know of him (from Lana tbh) but I don't know any of his music. I don't know if I'm into folk music but I guess we'll see!

If Dealer becomes the new Yosemite I'm suing her and you should too.

if there’s no Dealer but this is on it..... it’s a hate crime

giphy.gif

The OP has been updated with the full lyrics :) x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS