Elle

Breaking Up Slowly w/ Nikki Lane

18 minutes ago, BlueINK said:

Nikki seems like a nice person, haven't heard of her before.

I gotta say though if there's two things I hate it's country music and collabs. Fuck me. I got both in one song now. Oh well, maybe I'm actually gonna like it and I'm determined to stay open and positive about this album because I love Lana. :isee:

It took me a long time to accept country music into my heart as well, so I can understand where you're coming from. Having said that, Lana has been circling around Country since at least 2005, so it's not as though it's a new development.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

4 hours ago, CHANEL #1 said:

I'm going to hope the album version is less country :rip: 

I guess not. Let me love you like a woman is a piano ballad but still the guitar arrangements sound a bit country. Plus I remember her saying the album become country without her and Jack planning it. I migh be wrong tough.

I hope she'll includes Hey Baby Blue if so. I'm not a fan of country but what I hear so far doesn't worry me. Plus it's always nice that Lana experiment with a new sound.

Plus this song sounds really nice. I love how they harmonise. They sound great together. Zella's recent music is great so I love it. I like Lana duets when it's not with the Weeknd and she has enough lines.

About her "thanks for letting me have it" :

Maybe they wrote the song together for Zella's album and it's either going to be on both or going to be on COCC only. 

2 hours ago, longtimeman said:

It took me a long time to accept country music into my heart as well, so I can understand where you're coming from. Having said that, Lana has been circling around Country since at least 2005, so it's not as though it's a new development.

Yeah it just seems more full-on country today. Maybe that's just because I'm not used to Lana Del Rey exploring that genre. There's a thin line between tasteful country and straight up hillbillyism to me. This one doesn't sound too too bad, I have to admit.

I did not like Hey Blue Baby and IMBSFBSH, that was already too much for me. But anyway, we'll see. I'm still excited for the album.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

Nikkis voice reminds me of Stevie nicks which i found SOOO BEAUTIFUL in beautiful people beautiful problems

Never let me go was country style wasnt it? I rly wnjoyed it. I think her twist on country is nice. Alot of her songs already have a country twist on them lol

Well, if this is on the album then I guess it's not so unlikely that either Hey Blue Baby or I Must Be Stupid For Being So Happy (or both) make an appearance on it as well :smile4:

I hope this and a collab w/ Zella are the only on COCC (or even just this, keep collabs out of your album Lana) 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

I am a slut for Lanas folky and country sound, so I’m pumped for this. It’s kind of ironic that people don’t love her doing that sound considering it’s mainly the first genre she tapped into as an artist. 

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

1 hour ago, sweetlikecinnam0n said:

Well, if this is on the album then I guess it's not so unlikely that either Hey Blue Baby or I Must Be Stupid For Being So Happy (or both) make an appearance on it as well :smile4:

I hope this and a collab w/ Zella are the only on COCC (or even just this, keep collabs out of your album Lana) 

Picking we know it needs to be Hey Blue Baby!:agree:

I agree about the collabs. Please limit. I’ll accept Weyes and Zella. Idk why but I get the vibe if there is one with them it will be them all in one track lol. Not two separate tracks.  

i’m not too big of a fan of collabs on lana’s album and i hate country music BUT lana pulls it off in a way that’s not bad at all. just like hey blue baby and stupid for being happy. i love this song already. i will learn how to shake my ass to country. :hottie:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose