Elle

Breaking Up Slowly w/ Nikki Lane

I am LOVING this song so far.

I think a lot of fans are going to be surprised with the sound of COCC. Everyone saying they don’t want Lana going country, when this sound isn’t really “country” it’s more folk, and Lana’s voice is literally made for folk music. This album will be BEAUTIFUL!

And the country haters must be new fans who have never heard of Lizzy.

21 minutes ago, landofGodsandMonsters said:

And the country haters must be new fans who have never heard of Lizzy.

I’m a Lizzy Grant stan, and her music from that time wasn’t “country” in my opinion. 

I've been ready for Lana to explore an Americana sound for awhile now. She's def danced around that type of sound here and there over the years, esp with Blue Baby & I Must Be Stupid For Being So Happy. Personally, I've been delving into the new sound of Country music thanks to Orville Peck kinda opening those doors for me. She's explored so many different genres, so why not Americana? I'm fucking ready for Lana's COCC, even if I'm in the minority with my opinion?

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

3 hours ago, VeniceBambi said:

Nikkis voice reminds me of Stevie nicks which i found SOOO BEAUTIFUL in beautiful people beautiful problems

Never let me go was country style wasnt it? I rly wnjoyed it. I think her twist on country is nice. Alot of her songs already have a country twist on them lol

Beautiful People is one of her best track and it's a duet

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

9 minutes ago, Tulips said:

I’m a Lizzy Grant stan, and her music from that time wasn’t “country” in my opinion. 

True, even May was more into (urban?) folk and acoustic rock than country imo.

5fe355eac0b664d0bc39e10665a55b42.gif

She's a gorgeous narcissist and she knows it.

7 minutes ago, Tulips said:

I think there are many songs from Lizzy that have a folk influence. I think a lot of younger people blend folk music and country/western music together, and that’s not the case. They are 2 separate genres.

This song has way more of a folk sound than a country/western sound but people hear a guitar and call it “country”. Just a pet peeve of mine lol

1 minute ago, landofGodsandMonsters said:

I think there are many songs from Lizzy that have a folk influence. 

Some folk influences every now and then? Yeah. But to say that Lizzy Grant was a folk/country era is totally incorrect in my opinion.

1 minute ago, rightofjupiter said:

i...can't believe ppl are hating on this! it's so melancholy and the vocal melody is gorgeous– it's got me xtra hyped for COCC :ahh:

Same, i'm here for this folk vibe. Obviously the album won't be folk, but i've wanted her to go this direction for years now.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

i LOVE country lana this album is gonna have so much variety y’all i’m not ready

3 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

the venue from the last night posted another snippet in their stories that included a lyric that named checks tammy wynette– love!

can you post omg?

1 hour ago, rightofjupiter said:

the venue from the last night posted another snippet in their stories that included a lyric that named checks tammy wynette– love!

added the new lyrics to the OP! It looks like that’s Nikki’s verse, but they sang the final line together before transitioning into the chorus x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

1 hour ago, Tulips said:

i agree, i think the country / southern sound was an influence, such as qotgs, joan & bobby, super movie, and even mermaid motel with the southern twang, but i wouldn't consider it full blown country.

WGe8ynS.gif

2 hours ago, Tulips said:

I agree, I've been a fan since BTD and I would never describe Lizzy Grant or May Jailer as country. 

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

2 hours ago, BlueINK said:

I agree, I've been a fan since BTD and I would never describe Lizzy Grant or May Jailer as country. 

Yeah. Both of them have some country and folk influences I guess, but like LemonadeHeavens said it was definitely not a full blown country/folk era.