Elle

Breaking Up Slowly w/ Nikki Lane

The reference to Tammy Wynette and George Jones fits the theme of “chemtrails under the country club” since they were well-known country artists  (country club, maybe a play on words but unlikely). Tammy is most famously known for her song called “Stand By Your Man” and was a domestic abuse survivor who was also chronically ill. George got arrested out on the lawn and that was controversial in its time. 

I really like this song’s lyrics because Lana isn’t necessarily writing about herself. It’s bit more observant. It talks about the difficulties of untangling yourself from a toxic, abusive relationship, a complete 180 to those who think Lana “glamorizes abuse.” 

I knew this was going to be my favorite song way back in October!!

I didn’t realize we had the live snippet for so long I thought they sant it in like December 

"Don’t forget me"

4 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

I knew this was going to be my favorite song way back in October!!

I didn’t realize we had the live snippet for so long I thought they sant it in like December 

I love it too :flutter: I didn’t expect the guitar to be as smoky as it ended up being on the record and it was such a lovely surprise! I was expecting something a little more acoustic and in the vein of the live performance from October, but regardless, I knew it would definitely be one of my absolute favourites on the album :wowcry:

Just now, IanadeIrey said:

I love it too :flutter: I didn’t expect the guitar to be as smoky as it ended up being on the record and it was such a lovely surprise! I was expecting something a little more acoustic and in the vein of the live performance from October. Definitely one of my absolute favourites on the album :wowcry:

Yes!! I know a lot of people joked when we got the song credits that it used the same guitar as UV that it could possible have a similar sound and the final production did not disappoint at all! I love the instrumental and their vocals blend together perfectly. Makes me excited for the other songs they worked on together 

"Don’t forget me"

1 minute ago, godsmonster said:

the way i wasn't prepared when i first heard this and another woman was singing

put some respect on queen nikki lane's name

(i have no idea who nikki lane is)

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

I was a little confused when I first heard this and it wasn't Lana, but the vocal harmony between her and Nikki is so good. ?:oic3:

Definitely my second favorite on the album, the country vibes are lowkey enough for me to deal with.

I only wish the song was longer with Nikki singing on a bridge instead of the entire first verse. I like the lyrics a lot, but it just feels like it's not meant for Lana's album but more for Nikki's album. Am I the only one who thinks that??

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Omg this is insane! I just discovered that Lana & Nikki actually met once in January of 2014! I had no idea they even knew of each other before the NFR Midwest Tour. How crazy is it that they reconnected years later to tour together, and then eventually write a song + apparently a whole album together x

51083202317_b6a2b7b8b0_w.jpg

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

1 minute ago, Elle said:

Omg this is insane! I just discovered that Lana & Nikki actually met once in January of 2014! I had no idea they even knew of each other before the NFR Midwest Tour. How crazy is it that they reconnected years later to tour together, and then eventually write a song + apparently a whole album together x

lana's look is very ultraviolence era... rock candy sweet will be ultraviolence 2.0 with a rural / country influence? i'm here for it! :dua: 

WGe8ynS.gif

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

lana's look is very ultraviolence era... rock candy sweet will be ultraviolence 2.0 with a rural / country influence? i'm here for it! :dua: 

this picture was from Ultraviolence era - 2014! I had no idea they had met before 2019. & coincidentally, they both made albums produced by Dan Auerbach that year. Iconic x

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

49 minutes ago, Elle said:

I was surprised to learn this too! A few months ago, I came across an old article about Nikki from 2014 and I saw that Chuck was actually credited as the photographer for the All Or Nothin’ promo photo used in it so I guess from there, she and Lana connected with each other - so funny how life works out like that! 

On 3/30/2021 at 2:56 AM, Elle said:

this picture was from Ultraviolence era - 2014! I had no idea they had met before 2019. & coincidentally, they both made albums produced by Dan Auerbach that year. Iconic x

Imagine 'Rock Candy Sweet' bringing back Dan Auerbach :oic3:

On 3/29/2021 at 11:50 PM, Elle said:

While I’m still not a fan of NL’s voice she is a stunner (especially next to LDR hahah) but no srsly they are both beautiful women in their own right :defeated:

A friend texted me that about an hour ago while he was listening to the Outlaw Country station on Sirius XM, the host was talking about Lana & Nikki's duet. They play Nikki a lot on their station, and the host said she's looking into adding Breaking Up Slowly to their rotation. Very cool that this song may get some radio traction on country stations! x